Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Sacto tonight?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Sacto tonight?
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone headng out there tonight? I might head out but not race.

anyone......anyone?
Bueller......Bueller?

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wish I could go [Frown]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was there watching saw a 03 cobra run 12.5 116 with a pulley,headers,exhaust,cai,nitto dr's,and a saleen sc 281 run 13.8 100 how weak

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 281n/a:
i was there watching saw a 03 cobra run 12.5 116 with a pulley,headers,exhaust,cai,nitto dr's,and a saleen sc 281 run 13.8 100 how weak

Anybody know whos 03 that was?? What color?

--------------------
99 honda 996 superhawk...
03 cobra:422rwhp,399rwtq (before pulley)
New best,12.07@119.9(!!)mph on nittos (cant drive to save my life!)

Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Those numbers on the 03 don't impress me with the list of mods.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

O.G. Cobra
¯
Member # 747

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for O.G. Cobra  Ford pictures for O.G. Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Those numbers on the 03 don't impress me with the list of mods.

116 mph with about $600 worth of mods seems pretty impressive to me...
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not me at all. With the mph they come with, you throw a smaller pulley, exhaust, and TIRES......

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Milesblown03:
quote:
Originally posted by 281n/a:

Anybody know whos 03 that was?? What color?
It's a blue Vert. They guy who owns it has never raced before. He is still learning how to drive that thing. He still has a a lot left from his current combo. [burnout]

--------------------
AED

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

That makes sense then.
O.G. Cobra
¯
Member # 747

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for O.G. Cobra  Ford pictures for O.G. Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Not me at all. With the mph they come with, you throw a smaller pulley, exhaust, and TIRES......

using miles' baseline of 110 mph this guy gained 6mph which roughly takes 50-60hp. 50-60hp seems pretty good for a pulley, mufflers and headers. what makes it even more impressive is that he isn't very familiar with the car and it's a convert.
tazdevil
¯
Member # 1789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tazdevil  Ford pictures for tazdevil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man yesterday i was there at sac raceway for the first time and also saw this cobra, that thing was fast, but the shaking from start was the best, the thing looked really torquey.
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by tazdevil:
man yesterday i was there at sac raceway for the first time and also saw this cobra, that thing was fast, but the shaking from start was the best, the thing looked really torquey.

That shaking is called wheel hop...lol [burnout]

--------------------
AED

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

I thought ford "Cured" that problem?

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
I thought ford "Cured" that problem?

Sure they did [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
AED

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com