Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Breakout

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Breakout
Fd3s.
¯
Member # 1428

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fd3s.  Ford pictures for Fd3s.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My previous best was a 2.22 60' and a 13.64 @ 104.83. It seemed like my trap was always 104.8X no matter what my time was.

I ran a 13.504 @ 106.5 today with a 2.27 60'. Before that I ran a 13.54 @ 104.87 with a 2.257 60' I hit a fuel cut on that run so I guess thats why my trap and et is not consistent with the run above.

The only difference from the last time I ran is my homemade intake. I was running with the stock intake previously. My intake is still stock, but I cut a hole in the bottom and put a 3.5 alum duct through the nose to draw cold air in. I also put in a K & N. The other change is competition toe links and trailing arms. these are designed to get rid of wheel hop and it did. I had no wheel hop despite launching at 4500 rpm (I still feather the clutch). My PSI is 20. I was able to get a better 60 before, but I got really bad wheel hop. I will try to launch at 5K next time and not feather the clutch as much. The trailing arms and toe links I guess did not help me with making a better time, but they help protect my car from breaking the PPF.

David

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did anyone see my friends silver LX at Sears run a 13.4 @ 120?
JOSH
¯
Member # 979

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOSH  Ford pictures for JOSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Displacement_Replacement
getting better keep it up.

hidnn.o.s.

yea that car was sic. what are his mods?
he spun to almost half track
[worship]

--------------------
65 fastback mustang
410w 11:1 c-4 592fwhp 560fwtq

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
331 with unported edelbrock aluminums, unported cobra intake, and 14 pounds of boost. The car/motor has pretty much a ton of stuff done to it, and he dyoned 532 to the wheels at RPM a week ago.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Fd3s.
¯
Member # 1428

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fd3s.  Ford pictures for Fd3s.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JOSH:
Displacement_Replacement
getting better keep it up.

hidnn.o.s.

yea that car was sic. what are his mods?
he spun to almost half track
[worship]

I'm trying, but damn drag racing is not as easy as it appears. I have learned the key to the 1/4 is the 60'. The key to the 60' is the launch!!

BTW...Did you see me run any of my 3 times? my first run I knew I messed up on. I am curious if you saw either of my 13.5 runs? How bad did you notice me spin? Any advice? I know my 60' sucks. Both mustangs I raced had faster 60', I had to play catch up.

David.

[ August 29, 2002, 07:41 AM: Message edited by: Displacement_Replacement ]

JOSH
¯
Member # 979

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOSH  Ford pictures for JOSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea I seen all your runs the first one it looked like you hit your rev limiter. The second looked good you spun for the first 10 to 15'. The third run you spun a little more but the wind died down probably the reason for the big mph and lower e.t. .
You where faster than the other tt rx-7 out there. [patriot]

--------------------
65 fastback mustang
410w 11:1 c-4 592fwhp 560fwtq

Fd3s.
¯
Member # 1428

I don't have a rev limiter, it redlines at 8100, but some have taken it all the way to 11,000 RPM! During my first run, it was actually embaressing. I was trying to record my run with my mp3recorder and when I went to hit play the lights started and I got caught late. thats why I got the 2.4 60' on that. During this run my fuel cut pretty bad that was what looked like my rev limiter. its actually the same thing except it had to do with my duty cycle. I adjusted it for my next run but still got a small fuel cut.

During my 13.54 run (my 2nd run) I hit the fuel cut and my car stopped for a split second. I was lucky cause the fuel cut was at high rpm. when you get the fuel cut you have to shift.

My 3rd run I Did not get a fuel cut but had a longer 60' than the previous. I do remember spinning on my 3rd run for what seemed like forever! It was as fun as hell when I straighten out and shifted into 2nd, it threw me back in my seat!

I talked to the other guy in the Red RX-7. His trap speed was ok for a stock car but his 1/4 mile was a bit slow. He ran 14.1's and 14.2's. He had 18 inch wheels that weigh 32 lbs each. I guess thats why he did not get the 13.9 that he should get bone stock.

Thanks!

[ August 29, 2002, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: Displacement_Replacement ]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com