Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » New best from Sac. last night (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: New best from Sac. last night
5.0Brian
¯
Member # 262

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0Brian  Ford pictures for 5.0Brian    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I pulled off a 13.67 at 98.85 with a 1.89 60 ft. last night. This was on my E.T. Streets, so that would make about a 13.4 if I was running my street tires. My exhaust (off-road H and FMS shorty headers) gave me 2 tenths, so I'm happy with that. It was also nice to see Mark get some progress with knocking off that 13.1, only a little ways to go till you'll be in the 12's!! As I thought before, I need new shocks and struts, because launching with my new clutch (SPEC Stage 3) the rear bounces all over the place when I dump it at 4500. I hope to do this stuff soon, we'll see.

--------------------
Brian

---Rest In Peace Miles Werho-Dec. 8 2002---

Posts: 561 | From: Antioch, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  :
Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What do you have for a catback? Its not the stock one is it?? Good times though. How was the track last night anyway? Hookin good? hows the weather? Hopefully will be able to gwt up there this week, make some more runs

--------------------
99 honda 996 superhawk...
03 cobra:422rwhp,399rwtq (before pulley)
New best,12.07@119.9(!!)mph on nittos (cant drive to save my life!)

Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
biggmatt
¯
Member # 1124

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for biggmatt  Ford pictures for biggmatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i seen u run!!!
u could have got away with more rpm's

5.0Brian
¯
Member # 262

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0Brian  Ford pictures for 5.0Brian    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Milesblown03:
What do you have for a catback? Its not the stock one is it?? Good times though. How was the track last night anyway? Hookin good? hows the weather? Hopefully will be able to gwt up there this week, make some more runs

I just have the Dynomax Ultra-Flo Welded mufflers off of some 2.5" flow-tubes; no tips. The track was hooking pretty good last night, and it was nice and cold later in the night.
big matt - I was varying my launch RPM throughout the night to see what was working best; I even tried 5500 at one point when my slicks were aired down too much (the car was swaying all the way down the track and almost lost it one run when I powershifted 4th the car made a left turn, I did a good job of correcting it though). I put some air in them (15 psi) and found out that 4500 worked best for that but I need to air them down some more (maybe 14 psi) and I'll see how that goes.

--------------------
Brian

nickn
¯
Member # 193

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nickn  Ford pictures for nickn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how does going from ET street to street tires net you almost 3 tenths? you bogging on those ETs or what?
5.0Brian
¯
Member # 262

quote:
Originally posted by nickn:
how does going from ET street to street tires net you almost 3 tenths? you bogging on those ETs or what?

2 tenths and a couple mph. The E.T. Streets are taller that my street tires so that makes my 3.08's even worse than they already are.
yipnip5.0
¯
Member # 175

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yipnip5.0  Ford pictures for yipnip5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0Brian:
quote:
Originally posted by nickn:

2 tenths and a couple mph. The E.T. Streets are taller that my street tires so that makes my 3.08's even worse than they already are.
Using that logic I think your car really runs 12.90 @ 115... using wheelbarrow wheels. [Roll Eyes]

Nice times, but none of this "so it should run 2 tenths faster on street tires". The fact is it doesnt, that is why you're using slicks!

5.0Brian
¯
Member # 262

quote:
Originally posted by yipnip5.0:
Nice times, but none of this "so it should run 2 tenths faster on street tires". The fact is it doesnt, that is why you're using slicks!

Thanks, but I have gotten a 1.9 on street tires and with a 1.9 on the ET Streets, I think it's a pretty good comparison. With nearly the same 60 ft the car is consistently 2 tenths slower on slicks. I use them for now to get consistent 1.9's, gears will lower that. Nothing against you, just showing you the comparison I'm using.

[ August 25, 2002, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: 5.0Brian ]

--------------------
Brian

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats on the new best. What was your previous best only .02 seconds slower? Can you post your complete timeslip? You run a great ET for your MPH, I know you shift better than mine, but still you're running .1 seconds faster with a bit better 60 foot, but considerably less MPH. Here is what I ran last time at the track: http://reality.exsgi.org/sawson/mycar/mustangtimeslips.htm [patriot]
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I never did better than a 1.89 60' with ET Streets and 3.08 gears (also, I could not drive back then either).

Still, I'm not buying that you'll go 0.2 quicker given that ET Streets have a taller effective diameter, thus hurting gearing. You get one of these [BS flag] for that [Big Grin]

I will buy that your mph on a 25" tire would be better than on the ET Streets though, but I'm not buying that street radials will net you a better ET. [patriot]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

5.0Brian
¯
Member # 262

quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
I never did better than a 1.89 60' with ET Streets and 3.08 gears (also, I could not drive back then either).

Still, I'm not buying that you'll go 0.2 quicker given that ET Streets have a taller effective diameter, thus hurting gearing. You get one of these [BS flag] for that [Big Grin]

I will buy that your mph on a 25" tire would be better than on the ET Streets though, but I'm not buying that street radials will net you a better ET. [patriot]

Thanks guys. Sorry about all the arguement, it just seemed like my time consistently went slower .2 when I had the ET Streets over the street tires, but I guess I am wrong, oh well. [Smile] No biggie for the [BS flag] , I guess it was well deserved. I thought that both would go down when a taller tire was mounted. Sawson, the time I ran was exactly the same as the other one, but all the other times were better and just a lower mph so I figured that would look a little better, I dunno. I'll post a pic of the timeslip.

--------------------
Brian

5.0Brian
¯
Member # 262

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/6f26bbee/bc/My+Photos/Brian%27s+13.676+on+8-23-02.jpg?bc3KSk9Aqi5DtID0 <---Click

[ August 25, 2002, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: 5.0Brian ]

--------------------
Brian

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Interesting.... great 330 foot time, especially for your MPH, even with a slightly better 60 ft, I couldn't match your (critical) 330 foot time:

http://reality.exsgi.org/sawson/mycar/13_83pass.jpg

No doubt, you're a much better shifter than I am. Do you power shift?

You get me by 0.1-0.15 seconds at the 330 foot mark even though we're even at the 60 ft mark, and you keep that lead at the 8th mile time where we're running identical MPH, and you still keep what you gained between the 60ft and 330 ft mark (1-2 shift) at the 990 foot mark, even though I'm picking up 2 MPH over you...and the lead holds to the finish line, ever so slightly deminished due to the extra steam I have up top. This is assuming you work on your reaction time... those 1.XX reaction times aren't 'win light' friendly. Isn't timeslip racing fun? [Cool]

Congrats again on your new best ET. As far as I know, you have the fastest stock motored 5.O rolling around on the streets of northern california these days [worship]

-Sawson

5.0Brian
¯
Member # 262

quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Interesting.... great 330 foot time, especially for your MPH, even with a slightly better 60 ft, I couldn't match your (critical) 330 foot time:

http://reality.exsgi.org/sawson/mycar/13_83pass.jpg

No doubt, you're a much better shifter than I am. Do you power shift?

You get me by 0.1-0.15 seconds at the 330 foot mark even though we're even at the 60 ft mark, and you keep that lead at the 8th mile time where we're running identical MPH, and you still keep what you gained between the 60ft and 330 ft mark (1-2 shift) at the 990 foot mark, even though I'm picking up 2 MPH over you...and the lead holds to the finish line, ever so slightly deminished due to the extra steam I have up top. This is assuming you work on your reaction time... those 1.XX reaction times aren't 'win light' friendly. Isn't timeslip racing fun? [Cool]

Congrats again on your new best ET. As far as I know, you have the fastest stock motored 5.O rolling around on the streets of northern california these days [worship]

-Sawson

Thanks. Yeah, I powershifted on all runs Friday, first time to do that at the track for me. I have never tried to focus on reaction times, I should probably start doing that soon. That's cool to know that "I possibly have the fastest stock motored 5.0 rolling around on the streets of northern california these days [worship] " [Big Grin]

--------------------
Brian

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, the trick is to claim the title and see who steps up to denounce you [worship]
5.0Brian
¯
Member # 262

We'll see how that goes [Big Grin] , I should probably work on my reaction times a little bit though if I do some bracket racing.

--------------------
Brian

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my 5 liter is a stock motor too [Wink] when do we run? [patriot]
no pullies, no exhaust, no nothing [Big Grin]

[ August 25, 2002, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: shade-tree ]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

5.0Brian
¯
Member # 262

quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
my 5 liter is a stock motor too [Wink] when do we run? [patriot]
no pullies, no exhaust, no nothing [Big Grin]

LOL, yeah right! I've got a little blue bottle in the garage I'll put in the car first, then I'll run you [Big Grin] .
Stimson
_
Member # 51

quote:
Originally posted by 5.0Brian:
We'll see how that goes [Big Grin] , I should probably work on my reaction times a little bit though if I do some bracket racing.

Just keep it in mind every time you race, I remember my first 13 second pass I ran a better ET than this trailored chevy, but lost the race due to reaction time. That loss stung bad.

Hey, I dug up video clips from my last time at the track (timeslip spread sheet for the runs above):

http://www.californiafords.com/mpg/10_27_01/

Fasterdammit was in the other lane on all passes... I think it was only his second trip to the track after his T5 swap. Let me know if you have MPEGS from the other night to put online.

5.0Brian
¯
Member # 262

Yeah, I'll keep that in mind the next time I go to the track. Also, those were good videos that you put up, nice night time camera work on somebody's part too. Those were the good old days for you huh? That was a pretty bad bog that Jim did on that last run, ouch. I do have some video from the track, but it was a 13.7 by me, the 13.6 wasn't shot. There's also video of Jim's buddy Victor with the 460 running mid 10's with the FRPP 460 crate motor.

--------------------
Brian

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, we were both bogging all night, but Jim has a little bit less gearing than me and a little bit taller tire so his bog was worse. Gotta thank AaronC for the camera work. Bring your tape to the next meet and I'll put it online for you.

-Sawson

5.0Brian
¯
Member # 262

Sounds good, will do.

--------------------
Brian

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ouch-
Had to bring back that stellar performance, huh? You're hard man...

JL

[Razz]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

TanRchy
Member # 1560

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TanRchy  Ford pictures for TanRchy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey i was there that night. I was in the Silver 99 Z28 that dusted you! [Wink]
5.0Brian
¯
Member # 262

quote:
Originally posted by TanRchy:
Hey i was there that night. I was in the Silver 99 Z28 that dusted you! [Wink]

A couple times at that too, LOL, it's all good though. I got the jump and held it for a while though, then you ran me down.

--------------------
Brian

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com