Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Pics from Sac, 8/16/02 (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pics from Sac, 8/16/02
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pics on Yahoo- LikeIke, bunchmyfunky, John Giasi, 90GT

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for posting the pictures so quickly....

so what did everyone run?

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not going to steal anyone's thunder- Since I just watched...
[Roll Eyes]

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for posting the pics Jim.
I let Drew drive the car and he ran a best ET and MPH in it.
Times worst to best
60ft I3mph ET MPH
2.06 79.59 13.77 101.44
1.94 80.08 13.55 101.92
1.90 79.83 13.53 101.67
1.91 80.28 13.50 101.90
1.88 80.00 13.49 101.32
1.99 81.88 13.41 102.95 (Drews Run)

I need to work on my shifting. If I could have drove the car as well as Drew did with my 1.88 60ft It would have been a high 13.1X to a low 13.2 Hopefully next time out I will do better.

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey what happend to the pic of the smokey burnout.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know, I wasn't asking you what everyone ran... I should have been more clear [patriot]
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was a freek accident [worship]

[dance]

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh yeah, thanks for the pics Jim...Hope to see ya tomarrow [patriot]
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got one run in (9.74). Next time I got to the staging lanes I was told (Dave Sr?) I didn't have the proper safety equipment to run in the nines so I would need it the next time. Got to line and did my burnout and was told by the staging person that I would not be allowed to run.

Since I usually start out in the 10's for the first couple of runs and last night it was 9.7, I was hoping for some good times as the air got cooler. Oh well...... Time to get legal.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

John - It was probably for the better. Did you really want to run after that other mustang went and blew his motor all over the track? I know I wouldn't want to. [Wink]

So now what is the game plan? What's involved in getting legal?

I did her the girl who was pulling lanes say something about a white or tan mustang running 9's w/o the right safety stuff....or cousre we all new who she was talking about [patriot]

Good luck John, hope to see you back at it real soon, Drew

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
Hey what happend to the pic of the smokey burnout.

I just put it up- too dark. Sorry. Couldn't improve it w/ Adobe...

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by John91coupe:
I got one run in (9.74). Next time I got to the staging lanes I was told (Dave Sr?) I didn't have the proper safety equipment to run in the nines so I would need it the next time. Got to line and did my burnout and was told by the staging person that I would not be allowed to run.

Since I usually start out in the 10's for the first couple of runs and last night it was 9.7, I was hoping for some good times as the air got cooler. Oh well...... Time to get legal.

John, I would not trip off it to much. Dave SR. is always a dick about all the legal stuff. Next time your out have a talk with Dave JR. and everything will be ok ..
Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
John - It was probably for the better. Did you really want to run after that other mustang went and blew his motor all over the track? I know I wouldn't want to. [Wink]

So now what is the game plan? What's involved in getting legal?

I did her the girl who was pulling lanes say something about a white or tan mustang running 9's w/o the right safety stuff....or cousre we all new who she was talking about [patriot]

Good luck John, hope to see you back at it real soon, Drew

Yeah, I wasn't crazy about running in that lane after that. They weren't even that crazy about my suggestion to just do 1/8 mile runs in the other lane so I took a rain check. Man that "lane girl" sure has become a hard ass now that she's got here NHRA license to tech cars.

To be legal I need some fire proof stuff (gloves, shoes, pants and jacket) and a neck collar. Also need the forward bars (through the speaker holes) and a window net. Need to find a place that can do the bars in one day or close enough for me to drive it back and forth each day if it takes a couple of days. I ain't leaving this car overnight anywhere.

Talk to you later.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

quote:
Originally posted by youl luz:
quote:
Originally posted by John91coupe:

John, I would not trip off it to much. Dave SR. is always a dick about all the legal stuff. Next time your out have a talk with Dave JR. and everything will be ok ..
Actually, the impression I got was.....don't come back until you are legal. I know for sure that the "lane chick" won't let me out on the track until then. Not sure who has the last word on it but I'm not going to risk the trip out there again just to have them tell me to go home.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

StoplightWarrior
¯
Member # 211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StoplightWarrior  Ford pictures for StoplightWarrior        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cool!

--------------------
2000 GT
couple bolt ons

Check out the website: peep it

Posts: 2952 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
99Flyer
¯
Member # 1528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99Flyer  Ford pictures for 99Flyer  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
It was a freek accident [worship]

[dance]

Hey Drew is your rear end fixed? (on your car)
My motor is out , but hoping to have it back in by WED nite.

--------------------
2021 Bronco Black Diamond Sasquatch
1971 Camaro 350 SC
1977 GMC Kingsley Class A

Posts: 415 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the picture Jim.

My outing didn't go to well but here are the results.

1.92 15.63
2.16 12.99 110.4
1.90 12.68 110.3
1.90 16.43

Next time I should let Drew drive, he would actually get into every gear. I guess there is always next time.

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
John, Greg here...good to finally meet you. If you need that hook up on finishing the cage, let me know. Good to see you got everything all set on your license. I wouldn't recommend going back there until you get the necessary safety features taken care of. Email me anytime at TeamSOLO50@aol.com.

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow67stang  Ford pictures for yellow67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey John, if you want your car legal and want it done quickly, like in a day or two then e-mail me and I will get you hooked up with about the best chassis guy in the bay area. He does incredable work!

Eric

kobrasucks
Member # 1700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kobrasucks  Ford pictures for kobrasucks    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ugly pics
sorry guys

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

quote:
ugly pics
sorry guys

Blow me BITCH. Take your Hater attitude and go somewhere else.
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

quote:
Originally posted by kobrasucks:
ugly pics
sorry guys

ugly typist. no apology.
[Big Grin]

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

I guess some people are just naturally assholes [Roll Eyes]
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Greg,

Nice to meet you also and thanks for hooking me up with that final signature for my license. How did things go for you in that beautifully done car?

Eric,

Is the chassis guy close by? I'll email you for details.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com