Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Improved mph- broke stuff...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Improved mph- broke stuff...
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn. Ran a string of 108.5/108.6mph runs (12.80's) and THEN- 108.913!. Open h-pipe, American Racer tires. Was pretty happy until I pull out on to Jackson Road and see a cloud behind me- coolant from my tail-pipes! The oil is fine- the head gaskets are o-ringed so they should not have failed. Probably a welded crack in one ex. port failed. Sigh-
Get to pull the heads and have them tested.

Big thanks to bunchmyfunky for hangin' w/ me until the tow-truck finally made it.

JL
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well congrats on the new MPH. That sucks about having to pull the heads. That's where I'm at. This makes it the perfect time to notch those pistons and put a cam in! [Big Grin] Then you'll be posting about 115 traps! [Eek!]

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

Tyrant89
¯
Member # 1033

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyrant89  Ford pictures for Tyrant89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrat's my friend!!!

I'm getting ready to pull off a head myself: stripped a plug hole on my TFS's.

I have a new itake & headers, so they are going on too. I'll let you know next time I head to the track.

Also, were going to Dave & buster's this Sunday. Stop by if your in the area.

Shaun

Posts: 260 | From: Salinas, holmes! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks, Shaun.
I will be wrenching Sunday. Appreciate the invite. Where is D&B's?

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry to here about the car Jim. [Frown]

Any mods going to come from this? [patriot]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You must be psychic. Just happen to have a Prochamber and cat-back to put on. Electric fan after that (not yet acquired). Try for 110mph on stock cam. THEN custom cam.

JL

[Big Grin]

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
See Jim, there is some good to come from this.

Every time something breaks it just means that something gets upgraded [Big Grin]

[dance]

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AaronC:
This makes it the perfect time to notch those pistons and put a cam in! [Big Grin] Then you'll be posting about 115 traps! [Eek!]

I like this idea!

Welds broke on the exhaust side? Are these heads heavily ported or repaired? [Confused]

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

One ex. port was repaired. Hope to pull it apart tomorrow.

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pulled the heads yet? If so-how bad was the damage?
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Drew, Dan and Mark gave me a hand on Sat. Thanks, Guys! The ex. port that was previously welded cracked again at the edge of the weld. I hope to have it back by Thu. Should have the MAC cat-back to match the Prochamber already received.

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Sweet deal Jim....I can't wait to see that baby run

[patriot]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com