Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Grudge Night Turnout (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Grudge Night Turnout
Tim
¯
Member # 1467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim  Ford pictures for Tim    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It went pretty good tonight. Lots of stangs. Only one '03 though because somebody didn't run there yellow one. Oh well, had fun.

--------------------
'90_5.0_Guy18

Posts: 100 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
COBRyan
¯
Member # 1462

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for COBRyan  Ford pictures for COBRyan    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haha,,,man I just wanted to watch everyone tonight. It was cool to see the 03 just rip that new corvette a new one! I had fun even though it was extremely cold. But good racin weather for sure.

--------------------
Bryan

2003 Zinc Yellow Cobra Coupe

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya, its always cold there for some reason. had a good time though [Big Grin]
did anyone else se the guy throw it in reverse instead of 3rd? ouch [Embarrassed]

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Evil Mach1
¯
Member # 26

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evil Mach1  Ford pictures for Evil Mach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
going there made me want to race my Cobra [Frown]
damn oil coolers [Mad]

Miles, nice ride man!
 -
 -
 -
[worship]

--------------------
2003 Mach 1
Black, 5-speed, silver stripes
*GONE*

USAF bound!!!
EAD: 1 Dec 04

Posts: 845 | From: Elk Grove, CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
DAMN yellow94gt was flyin. busted out a few 12.7's before i left @ 9:45. cobraman i saw you running i think. and to the '03, nice job on the vette!
cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nope, i was a spectator today. need to find a job before i blow 40 dollars to race. very tempting though, ill make my return to racin soon hopefully [Big Grin]
Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
z ya
¯
Member # 1327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z ya  Ford pictures for z ya    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We had a sweet time tonight.The little stock auto
GT with nothing more than cuts outs and a drop in
k/n went 14.22 at 98.7 mph! That was faster than most modded stick GT's that I saw tonight. See
also took out a 98 Cobra. She tree'd him with the
win with her 14.22 to his losing 14.18! Best 60'
of the nite was the last pass with a 2.13 on the
stock goodyears. My wife ran high 2.28 60's all
nite and I got the 2.13 so I know there is a 14.1
in the GT. Next up is the 3.73's that are going in
on Monday. Hopefully this will bring the 13.9!

--------------------
03 Yukon 6" RCD/welds/MTR's
69 Camaro
72 Commando/500 caddy/39.5 Boggers
96 Dodge Cummins/2" Procomp/35's

Posts: 414 | From: stockton,ca | Registered: May 2002  |  :
VortechSaleen
¯
Member # 316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VortechSaleen  Ford pictures for VortechSaleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know this was a grudge night...but what times and mph did the 03 Cobra pull off?
Posts: 837 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah it was a good turn out way too many loud chevys that couldn't break 11. I noticed the quiter Mustangs were always faster. Too bad Gabriel or John91Coupe didn't show up they would have definitly been handing everyone their asses especially John i only saw two cars in the 9s

Yeah i saw that guy throw it in reverse instead of 3rd he must be glad he didn't let the clutch out haha

The 03 was all over from 12s to 15s i think his best was 12.8? not sure though...

[ August 04, 2002, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: Cobra-Jeep ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
best 03 run for the night was a 12.60 @ 110mph..
Good job Miles !!

Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
finally got home!!
the 03's best was 12.60 or somthing...
my first and best run was a 13.7 at 99mph.
hey
Z YA <<--thanks for the helmet! i saw your last run. It was sweet!!. did you drive your car or was it your wife?? finally got the low 60' that you wanted so much! congratulations!
50ho <<--thanks for the words of encouragement!
are you gonna ride that nice looking bike or what?

--------------------
=(

Threesixes
¯
Member # 1408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Threesixes  Ford pictures for Threesixes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I couldnt even spray my heavy pos 96 gt vert into the 13's. Damn 14.01 @ 99.24. Does yellow94gt have plates that read justagt? If so, I will be purchasing new doors thanks to him.(He blew mine off). Seems the only car I could beat was a chic in a red 99&up gt w plates reading redhtgt.I'm starting to think trying to make a 96 gt vert fast is not such a good idea. Oh well, at least I had the guts to go into the waterbox and smoke up the nittos. I guess I was nervous about nothing. It wasnt hard. Had a great time.
Posts: 63 | From: Concord, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice turn out just wish i would of had my 99gt

but my coupe did okay got it to run a 14 flat
damm auto matic

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Threesixes:
Seems the only car I could beat was a chic in a red 99&up gt w plates reading redhtgt.I'm starting to think trying to make a 96 gt vert fast is not such a good idea..

good thing I wasnt driving. It has went a best of 13.8 @99mph all stock..Vert too...
Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was a good night. Met lots of folks from here and ran a new best.
60 ft- 1.78
1/8th 8.07 86.02mph
1/4- 12.666 [worship]
107.73mph

on American Racer tires.

also- 8 races, 6 .5xx lights (dropped a ProTree on me one time! was a .969)

[Big Grin]

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn, i didnt know all these 98cobra people were there. i wasnt running too good, i think one of my spark plug wires isnt all the way plugged in... my speedo was unplugged too... those are good excuses, right? haha

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

TIMSPEED87
¯
Member # 1537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TIMSPEED87  Ford pictures for TIMSPEED87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was there too..I obviously had WAY too big of tires on. I cut a 1.85 60' and only ran a 13.7. Ohh well..better luck next time. It was nice to see all the stangs/f-bodies out there too. I WAS supposed to race a few certain females...but since I dunno who they are...I didn't. LOL...Ohh well..anyone get any pics of a black vette race? (With slicks/skinnies on it?) Shyeah
P.S.- I raced a 96+ Cobra on the freeway on the way home..nice race, nice guy. Handed me my butt up top(I knew he would) and waved when he turned off. Anyone know him? His gf got video of the race on the freeway. His plate says "TazCobra"

Posts: 67 | From: Modesto, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Threesixes
¯
Member # 1408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Threesixes  Ford pictures for Threesixes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
good thing I wasnt driving. It has went a best of 13.8 @99mph all stock..Vert too...

Really good thing!! I wouldnt of known what to do if I lost every single race. Someone had to let me win.
Posts: 63 | From: Concord, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
Spellbound
¯
Member # 1553

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbound  Ford pictures for Spellbound    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by COBRyan:
It was cool to see the 03 just rip that new corvette a new one!

How about the white WS6 that ripped that new cobra a new one [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Duane
2K1 WS6
2K2 ZO6

Posts: 36 | From: Diamond Springs | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Spellbound:
quote:
Originally posted by COBRyan:
It was cool to see the 03 just rip that new corvette a new one!

How about the white WS6 that ripped that new cobra a new one [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
slicks... that guy had me by 1 1/2 car in the first 1/8, and i held with em the rest of the way... not bad for me!

--------------------
99 honda 996 superhawk...
03 cobra:422rwhp,399rwtq (before pulley)
New best,12.07@119.9(!!)mph on nittos (cant drive to save my life!)

Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Beat that street tired WS6 BOTH times though...

--------------------

Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

quote:

The 03 was all over from 12s to 15s i think his best was 12.8? not sure though...[/QB]

umm... no... 12.84,12.9,12.6,12.9... i didnt even hit a 13 the whole night, let alone 15's. May have gotten my car mistaken with another...there was quite a few white cars there.

--------------------

Spellbound
¯
Member # 1553

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbound  Ford pictures for Spellbound    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice times, good driving. What was your 60' on the 12.60 run? BTW, you would hand me my ass on the freeway, Damn A4's.
Posts: 36 | From: Diamond Springs | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Spellbound:
Nice times, good driving. What was your 60' on the 12.60 run? BTW, you would hand me my ass on the freeway, Damn A4's.

Miles ran 1.9 60ft's on street tires!
[Eek!]

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had the best grudge night ever, it was real fun especially to talk to Miles and see the 03 run. [Smile] 12.6 [Eek!] , you should of seen all the f-body owners they were even lovin the cobra.

My best run of the night was a
14.36@97.3

I was happy because I ran two of those. [Smile]

--------------------
Support our troops!

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com