Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Times from Tonight (7/17) (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Times from Tonight (7/17)
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, my night started off on a rather bad note. First pass was horrible. The car felt week all the way till the top end of 4th gear. Then it seemsed to have a slight serge of power for some reason. That pass was a 13.005 @ 103.8 MPH [Roll Eyes]

At that point I was less than happy to say the least. So I take out some fuel pressure and wait for the next pass. Here is where things started getting good. 2nd pass was a 12.737 @ 107.090! (just a slight improvement [Wink] )

The third pass came around and it was time to dial in. So I through up a 12.7 on the window and call it good. Little did I know that my little car had somemore to give....lol I broke out on the brakes. 12.649 @ 100.7! [Eek!]

I only got one more pass in and it was a 12.586 @ 107.9, (so close to that 108! and in a car that weighs 3500 lbs! [Eek!] )

I went to the track today HOPING for a 12.7 @ 106. I'm more that happy with my setup and I'm sure there is still more power to be had. Time to hit the dyno for some tunning and try for that 108 MPH pass.

Oh yeah, Sawson, what do you have to say about my awkward combo now? [Wink] j/p

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Bullitt3905
¯
Member # 905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt3905  Ford pictures for Bullitt3905    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice runs man, but it says ur best pass is a 12.3 on ur profile? not flaming or anything but i'm guessing you ran the 12.3 in cold weather or something. i'm hoping to make it out in a couple weeks once i get my x pipe put on, i wanna see how much of an improvement i get out it, maybe i'll catch ya there.

how was the crowd? i'm guessing a lot of people were there tonight?

--------------------
2001 Mustang Bullitt #3905
SR springs, koni orange, steeda sts, magnaflows, 18" Bullitt wheels, grille delete, chin spoiler, 03 cf hood, JLT sri

Posts: 1067 | From: citrus heights, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
COBRyan
¯
Member # 1462

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for COBRyan  Ford pictures for COBRyan    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn nice runs!!! thats hella quick!

--------------------
Bryan

2003 Zinc Yellow Cobra Coupe

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WildStang - Hey bro, lol. Those numbers were with the stock heads and a 100 shot. The numbers from tonight were all motor with the new heads.

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

CANTCME
¯
Member # 525

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CANTCME  Ford pictures for CANTCME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!] [worship] DAMN DREW!!! GOOD SHIT!! CONGRATS ON MAKING IT INTO THE 12's [patriot]
Posts: 844 | From: san francisco,ca | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
VNMKING
¯
Member # 480

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VNMKING  Ford pictures for VNMKING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Yellow94GT- what was your 60ft???

Well good night for me too in a way. Although I was still only cutting 2.2 60ft I still managed a 13.6 @ 104. I'm looking at 13.2 with a 1.9 60ft in the future with my stock setup(offroad h, k&n). Also looking for 12.9 or better after a gear install. Ahh what the future holds...

-My excuse- Anybody ever picked up a roush wheel before...heavy ass things. Traction wasn't the best with the 18's either.

Next trip....DRAG RADIALS!

--------------------
65’ Coupe
94’ Cobra
"VNMKING"

Posts: 1000 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
great runs!

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good shit Drew. You are out of my league now. Are you coming for Santa Cruz on the 3rd?

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

shade-tree - How about 8 MPH and 1 second from that 2 ton land bardge [Wink]

TRY2PAZ - I'm not going to be doing the cruise/show thing with my car from now on. See's like every time I go to do something like that the car gets messed up. So i'll just be sticking to the track.

Bullitt3905
¯
Member # 905

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Bullitt3905  Ford pictures for Bullitt3905    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nicely done then dude! i can't wait to see what your number will be in cool weather, you can probably shave a couple tenths off in the winter time!

--------------------
2001 Mustang Bullitt #3905
SR springs, koni orange, steeda sts, magnaflows, 18" Bullitt wheels, grille delete, chin spoiler, 03 cf hood, JLT sri

Posts: 1067 | From: citrus heights, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Spellbound
¯
Member # 1553

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Spellbound  Ford pictures for Spellbound    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
Well, my night started off on a rather bad note. First pass was horrible. The car felt week all the way till the top end of 4th gear. Then it seemsed to have a slight serge of power for some reason. That pass was a 13.005 @ 103.8 MPH [Roll Eyes]

At that point I was less than happy to say the least. So I take out some fuel pressure and wait for the next pass. Here is where things started getting good. 2nd pass was a 12.737 @ 107.090! (just a slight improvement [Wink] )

The third pass came around and it was time to dial in. So I through up a 12.7 on the window and call it good. Little did I know that my little car had somemore to give....lol I broke out on the brakes. 12.649 @ 100.7! [Eek!]

I only got one more pass in and it was a 12.586 @ 107.9, (so close to that 108! and in a car that weighs 3500 lbs! [Eek!] )

I went to the track today HOPING for a 12.7 @ 106. I'm more that happy with my setup and I'm sure there is still more power to be had. Time to hit the dyno for some tunning and try for that 108 MPH pass.

Nice Times.
I see you at the track quite often, didn't realize you lived up in the hills.
You going to the Midnite Grudge on the 3rd?

Posts: 36 | From: Diamond Springs | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

nice numbers hey what did you set you fuel pressure at and what where did you set you timing at

also what type of heads you have
im looking to do the same shit to my coupe that I just bought hopeing to run some good times with it once im done with it

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Spellbound - If nothing else I'll be out there watching on the 3rd. Nice to see some people live up here with me [Wink]

99gt-UJSTLST - On my first pass the fuel pressure was at 40 psi. I only backed off to 39 psi for the rest of the night. My timing is at 16* and everything else is in the sig [patriot]

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Spellbound - If nothing else I'll be out there watching on the 3rd. Nice to see some people live up here with me [Wink]

99gt-UJSTLST - On my first pass the fuel pressure was at 40 psi. I only backed off to 39 psi for the rest of the night. My timing is at 16* and everything else is in the sig [patriot]

hey the heads are 202 right i thoght they would be to big for a 302 but I guess maybe the long tubes help it out

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

99gt-UJSTLST - They are 2.05, 1.60 valves. The funny thing is everyone said that they are to big. I agree. But I'm going to be puting them on a stroker, so they will be fine [Wink]
SheWillSmokeYou
¯
Member # 452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheWillSmokeYou  Ford pictures for SheWillSmokeYou    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn boy...You ROCK [Smile] now just dont go getting in anymore car accidents ok??? If you're there on the 3rd hopefully we will see you there...If me and matt come up we will be in my car to save on gas and just watch, but my best time in the cobra on E.T streets at Famoso was a 12.82@107 something...so you wanna run em?? lol [Big Grin]

--------------------
Just a Punk Ass small Block :)

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Snake98Girl - LETS DO THIS! [Wink] [Big Grin]
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

quote:
99gt-UJSTLST - They are 2.05, 1.60 valves. The funny thing is everyone said that they are to big. I agree. But I'm going to be puting them on a stroker, so they will be fine [Wink]

hmmm maybe I should go with AFR 185 for my coupe then I mean ill probably get a srocker later but I think that will be like in a year or so still trying to finish my 99gt

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

SheWillSmokeYou
¯
Member # 452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheWillSmokeYou  Ford pictures for SheWillSmokeYou    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Snake98Girl - LETS DO THIS! [Wink] [Big Grin]

lol Drew...you just wait a few more month then I'll have to give you a few cars [Wink]

--------------------
Just a Punk Ass small Block :)

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congradulations on the 12 second slips! I'm sure with a bit more tuning and better air, 110 MPH is possible. If I remember right, those heads where actually fitted with 2.02 valves or maybe even smaller. Maybe Scott will see this post and fill us in.
93lx306nos
¯
Member # 1001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93lx306nos  Ford pictures for 93lx306nos  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
99gt-get the 185s and call brian at hightechmotorsports and get one of his cams.also get a rpm intake. he can get you around 375rwhp from a 10.5-1 306 out of this combo.if you get a crazy cam you can switch it to the stroker and probably get 400+ rwhp
AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nate,

when's your car gonna be together? I wanna hear your cam, and see the #'s. I'm thinkin about a bigger one already [Smile] The one I have is very mellow.

Drew,

Good job! You drove very well too. Now get those skinnies and take the nitrous bottle out (kit's not even hooked up [Razz] ) Or hook it back up [Big Grin]

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very nice times Drew. Even more impressive on a weds. night. Say hello to some 1.6 short times when you make it out to a tnt. I agree with Sawson 110 mph will be in your near future. He is also correct about the 2.02 intake valve.
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If they are Vic. Jr's then they are 2.05's-

"With a 500+ hp potential out-of-the-box, these heads feature large volume, high-flowing 210cc intake ports and .130" raised 75cc exhaust ports. Available with 60cc or 70cc combustion chambers (see Victor Jr. 70cc Ford listing below) to suit various applications. Heads with 60cc combustion chambers are available bare, with valves only or complete with valve springs for flat tappet or roller lifter applications. They feature CNC gasket-matched port entries/exits with blended valve bowls. The spark plug holes and valves are in the stock location with a valve cover rail that¹s raised .150". Complete heads come with stainless steel, 1-piece, swirl-polished, under-cut stem valves (2.05" intake/1.60" exhaust) as well as phosphor bronze valve guides."

From their site.

JL

ps- Nittos suck.

[ July 18, 2002, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: FasterDamnit ]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jim, that would be accurate information if they were out of the box heads.

And I think you will like your nittos better after you go to a tnt with them.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com