Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Anyone going to Sear's on Wed?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone going to Sear's on Wed?
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I haven't been out there in a year or so, but I'd like to go watch if I'm free. I haven't see the new track yet.
Luke

If you see a guy drivin this... come say hello.

Luke

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
flatacid
¯
Member # 878

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for flatacid  Ford pictures for flatacid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im gonna try to get my friend to go with his car. his never been, and i want to see what it will do. [Smile]

its a 66 mustang. straight 6 200. with an auto. hes expecting 17's. [Big Grin]

--------------------
89 mustang gt w/ t5

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
got to work wed., but was thinking about enduring the 3 hour between run thing on the fourth.
either that or the Sac. friday night test-n-tune should give you the most runs.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shade-tree, the more cars the better for me since I will only be watching. [Big Grin]

Do you have any numbers with that new combo?
Luke

--------------------
Stangless

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry, I don't talk to 14 second drivers [Wink]

Might as well make a pass or two while you're there [dance] [patriot]

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
4.92 330', but I was having problems after that

either it's just electrical, or my old shortblock was wounded. not 100% sure which. it had oil pressure problems too so it's probably the latter.

got a '94 cobra shortblock @ 50k miles in there now, going with same TFS heads, performer RPM, and Anderson cam.

currently I'm smog legal on stock everything pretty much for a '94 cobra motor. stock rules! very driveable, and quiet (stock h pipe, headers)

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Sorry, I don't talk to 14 second drivers [Wink]

Might as well make a pass or two while you're there [dance] [patriot]

13.89 @ 101.7 on Goodyear Eagles @ 3450lb race weight. Can you do it with everyday common radials? [Wink]
Maybe if I bolted on McCreary's or slicks my times would be lower, who knows...

As far as making a pass or two, I don't have the patience to wait for 400 cars to make a pass before my turn. Life's too short for that [Cool]

[ July 01, 2002, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 12 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship]
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
13.89 @ 101.7 on Goodyear Eagles @ 3450lb race weight. Can you do it with everyday common radials? [Wink]

Yeah, I've ran over a tenth faster with the same tires I'll drive anywhere with as well [Wink] To the track, from the track and up and down the strip [patriot]  

Maybe if I bolted on some heads or nitrous my times would be lower, who knows...  

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

HAHA
What tires were those? The ones that you ran 1 tenth better than me?

This is just a guess, but were they "McCreary American Racer G60-15's" that are so very common these days in the drag race world because they are known for their superior hook over normal factory radials?

[Razz]

Luke

--------------------
Stangless

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 3 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

They're only good for 1.9X 60 fts, three years ago you sixty-footed better than me AND trapped a higher MPH than me... what is there to complain about? Its all good in the hood [Cool]

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You 13 second guys crack me up...
[Roll Eyes] [Razz] [Roll Eyes]

JK!

JL [Wink]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

LOL @ Jim Your too good for us man, you and your 12 sec slips [Roll Eyes] j/k

Sawson, since you hold the slip with the better time, you reserve the right to tell all your friends and family that you are faster than me. I'm ok with that [Smile] I'm glad that you having 0.1 on me completes you and gives you great joy. For me it doesn't matter. Back when I raced 2 years ago, my intent wasn't to be faster than you.

Your comment about my 60fts being the same despite having a better trap speed... The 13.89 @ 101.7 was with a 1.96 60ft. I'm not sure how that compares to yours, but at the same time, I am not really interested.
Racing on common radials is very difficult. Not only the launch, but you can't just bang 2nd like I'm sure you do with your "McCreary American Racers" [Wink] If you do the result will be going up in smoke. That 13.89 @ 101.7 isn't blistering fast, but when you take into account the combo, the tires, and the weight of the car, it is not too bad.

With those things out of the way, maybe we can get back to the intent of the post. So, are you going to be at Sears on Wed? [Smile] Maybe I'll get the privelege of watching a faster car than my own run [worship]

Luke

--------------------
Stangless

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't forget,
Luke is SD. In stock/close-to-stock trim they run a bit faster than the MAF cars. Put long tubes on that GT and off-road H-pipe and he will run faster...

IMHO.

[Confused]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry, I won't be in town. I'll know shortly weather I'll be able to attend the midnight grudge at Sac Raceway though.

I'm waiting for 5.OBrian to come here and tell us what he ran with at Sac what mods on 225 radials. [worship] Texas drivers.

5.0Brian
¯
Member # 262

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0Brian  Ford pictures for 5.0Brian    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Sorry, I won't be in town. I'll know shortly weather I'll be able to attend the midnight grudge at Sac Raceway though.

I'm waiting for 5.OBrian to come here and tell us what he ran with at Sac what mods on 225 radials. [worship] Texas drivers.

Since you asked for me, here you go. [Big Grin] My time is in the sig. It was with my 225 Goodyear Eagle radials with a worn out traction lock. I had a shifter, pullies, and mufflers at the time (stock headers and h-pipe).

[ July 01, 2002, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: 5.0Brian ]

--------------------
Brian

---Rest In Peace Miles Werho-Dec. 8 2002---

Posts: 561 | From: Antioch, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  :
Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hemi Ted  Ford pictures for Hemi Ted    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SHIT! Look Out!~
Now Brian has N2O!!!!!!1

--------------------
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa
Anniversary Edition
"Thats Mr. Great Pumpkin to you!"

Posts: 2601 | From: Tomball, TX | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Awesome times for 225 radials Brian, congrats!
Luke

--------------------
Stangless

andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I might be going to Sears Point wednesday, but then again I might hold off until I get my underdrive pulleys and offroad x-pipe installed. We will see...

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)
-99 Saleen Convert. #231-SOLD

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So how did everyone do at Sears?
5.0Brian
¯
Member # 262

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0Brian  Ford pictures for 5.0Brian    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ted:
SHIT! Look Out!~
Now Brian has N2O!!!!!!1

Hehehehe, wonder where it came from? [Big Grin] Now it's time to slap a big shot on it and start breaking stuff! It should be fun to see what it does on a 175 shot [Eek!] (after I upgrade the necessary things of course).
Hey Luke87GT, thanks for the congrats.

--------------------
Brian

---Rest In Peace Miles Werho-Dec. 8 2002---

Posts: 561 | From: Antioch, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0Brian:
quote:
Originally posted by ted:
SHIT! Look Out!~
Now Brian has N2O!!!!!!1

Hehehehe, wonder where it came from? [Big Grin] Now it's time to slap a big shot on it and start breaking stuff! It should be fun to see what it does on a 175 shot [Eek!] (after I upgrade the necessary things of course).
Hey Luke87GT, thanks for the congrats.

There are/were a few people on corral.net that got their 5.O's running mid to low 13's on the stock motor and sprayed their way into the 11's at 113-114 mph [dance]
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup I went 12.20s@114 with a stock motor long tubes 2030 cam and pullies/flows

That was with a 1.67 60 foot and I would have ET'd better but I was on 26 inch slicks with 4.10s and leaving on the bottle with 2 degrees more initial retard and it fell on its face a tiny bit.

With 28s and no retard I would have went 11s or Kaboom

Who knows this was at the fun ford weekend in Montgomery Alabama in the hottest humid weather ever and I didnt want to risk anymore cause I had to drive the 3,000 miles home [Smile]

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com