Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » grudge night

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: grudge night
93lx306nos
¯
Member # 1001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93lx306nos  Ford pictures for 93lx306nos  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is there gonna be one of those mustang vs. camaro grudge nights this summer?

--------------------
342 10.4 -1 ,afr 185s,hitechmotorsports cam 573/533 236/230@.050,ported rpm from hightech motorsports.best time so far on old combo is 12.20@111mph
with 1.69 60 ft on et streets.320 rwhp/322 ft lbs torque. times for new combo coming soon.

i do side job installs.p.m. me with what you need.i have a couple cars that i have built that you can look at.

www.unlimited-racing.com

1sicklx
¯
Member # 1018

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sicklx  Ford pictures for 1sicklx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you ran that 12.2 all motor...
93lx306nos
¯
Member # 1001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93lx306nos  Ford pictures for 93lx306nos  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yah ran it all motor.i tkink it has a 12.0 in it now.the old intake was ported way to much.
WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93lx306nos:
yah ran it all motor.i tkink it has a 12.0 in it now.the old intake was ported way to much.

Is there such a thing as porting a intake too much??? [Confused]

--------------------
89’ Hatch. Completely stock.

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there sure is! if you just hollow something without maintaining a velocity port then your just dumpin in air instead of having it accelerate through.........at least in my opinion......

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

93lx306nos
¯
Member # 1001

yah the problem was that the heads had a much smaller port than the intake so the velocity of the air going into the motor was slowed down and then the diff in port size would also cause alot of turbulence which would kill power.i hope that somewhat explains it.
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bigger is not always better, its the same thing if you use to big of a throttle body and/or heads.

--------------------
Support our troops!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com