Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » How was Sears Point's Weds. Night Drags?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: How was Sears Point's Weds. Night Drags?
sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sfGi8nt  Ford pictures for sfGi8nt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How did everyone do? Any new times? How was the traction? What about the weather?
I'm a BIG FAN, I want to know it all [Smile]

[ June 13, 2002, 01:16 AM: Message edited by: sfGi8nt ]

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
Hurst Shifter-Flowmaster-3.42's-Cutout-!CAGS-K&N FIPK-TB Airfoil-TB Bypass-160 Stat-Manual Fan Switch-
271rwhp & 304rwtq
13.64 @ 102.26 w/ 2.09 60'
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

zinc00gt
¯
Member # 468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for zinc00gt  Ford pictures for zinc00gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have to say the track hooked a lot better than I expected it to. Conditions sucked tho, the wind was hurting a lot of peoples times i think. Im sticking to Sac.
Posts: 260 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Chris_67_SC_408
¯
Member # 936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris_67_SC_408  Ford pictures for Chris_67_SC_408  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there was a huge head wind so the trap speeds were down like 2-3 mph. Also 95% of the people there spun like crazy which is just mind boggling since they're at the god damn track. I'd love to see them try to launch on the street. There was a turbo'ed import out there with shaved door handles and i think walter payton was driving because "sweetness" ran two 34 second 1/4s in a row (too bad the second one was on a 14.00 dial).

Also they give out trophies to the top 16 Sport Compact drivers. what the hell is that crap?

Coolest part about the day was a green 5.0 with drag radials and I believe a 331 running 12.1s on just the motor. I have seen it run in the mid 9s at sac with his procharger.

Posts: 716 | From: San Mateo, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kevin's car is SICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!
Chris_67_SC_408
¯
Member # 936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris_67_SC_408  Ford pictures for Chris_67_SC_408  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, i told him to put his motor in my sister's camaro but neither of them liked the idea [Mad]
Posts: 716 | From: San Mateo, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
93Snyper
¯
Member # 1058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93Snyper  Ford pictures for 93Snyper  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It totatly sucked for me, to put it nicely. First off I get stuck behind an old skool Vett that took 30 min to tech- missed the first run. Then waited about 2 hours for the next run only to have my fuel pump take a shit on me in the bunout box. And third, woke up this morining to find one of my Nitto's drags flat. Grrr! Well, it was nice meeting everyone-V6 Girl, nice last run.

--------------------
Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation

V6Gurl
¯
Member # 1147

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for V6Gurl  Ford pictures for V6Gurl  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea my times really sucked lastnight when i knew what my car was capable of. but then for my VERY last run (where i redlighted, but i didnt care i was going for a time.) i got my time i was waiting for. a 15.65. thats all i wanted. it was perfect bcuz for those few seconds the wind totally died down and i JUST WENT!!!!! it was cool!! anyway. yea it was GREAT to meet u 93snyper. U are a pretty cool guy. I was very sorry to hear about ur car lastnight i hope it gets fixed and up and running soon.

--------------------
2001 V6 Firebird Best ET: 15.0 @ 89.7 MPH 2.0, 60 Ft.
Flowmaster exhaust, Custom Cold Air Intake, K&N Filters, H&R Springs - 2in. Drop, Z28 Front and Rear Sway Bars. Soon to come: 3:73 gears, Ram Air Lid, Cut out, Shift Kit, and Hpp3 Hypertech.
"You're Not Doing Anything Wrong Unless You Get Caught!"
Wanna Run Boys??? http://www.TheSicCrew.com

Posts: 139 | From: CaliCaliCalifornia | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
CANTCME
¯
Member # 525

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CANTCME  Ford pictures for CANTCME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Chris_67_SC_408:
there was a huge head wind so the trap speeds were down like 2-3 mph. There was a turbo'ed import out there with shaved door handles and i think walter payton was driving because "sweetness" ran two 34 second 1/4s in a row (too bad the second one was on a 14.00 dial).

Yeah the head wind there was kicking my ass, I just looked at my timeslips from Sac and my 1/8 mile time is the same, but the mph is down by 3 mph and that would end up hurting my whole ET.

Also this goes out to your boy "sweetness" [worship] [worship] [worship] . Also I heard that 93 Snyper was out there smoking up the burnout box with along ass burnout, didnt get a chance to see it but heard it was tight. [patriot]

Posts: 844 | From: san francisco,ca | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
e-dogg
¯
Member # 678

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for e-dogg  Ford pictures for e-dogg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
kevins car is stroked to 337 not 331 that stang is so sickkkkkkkkkkkkkk

--------------------
auto,vrs x-pipe,mac longtubes,flows up next: trying to get rid of everything work 2, 3 jobs to get a ws6 ls1 here i come

Sassy
¯
Member # 932

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sassy  Ford pictures for Sassy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Thomas you still sellin that 13sec time slip because I am so pissed at this loker...I can't take it back to the guy till the 21st. I'm just gonna run it as-is on Sat and plan on going back to the track when it's fixed. We should hit up a lil post track action...

Just because I'm not crazy about injecting my classic doesn't mean that I don't [worship] to the green 5.0 Mustang [worship]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com