Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Video of a couple of passes

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Video of a couple of passes
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First one was more of a test pass to feel it out.
http://www.californiafords.com/mpg/john91coupe/john91coupe_easy_pass.mpg

This one was a full pass. The loud car you will hear is not mine but the car I ran. Had some problems with my
burnout on this pass but it didn't seem to matter much since it turned out to be a 9.7 pass.
http://www.californiafords.com/mpg/john91coupe/john91coupe_wins.mpg

Both runs were from idle.

Thanks Sawson for hosting.

[ June 05, 2002, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: John91coupe ]

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good looking vid's John. The last time we were at the track about 2 weeks ago I took some video of your passes...Brian has them on his camera if you want to check them out...
Oh and you got mail..

Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The videos look good John.

For those that haven't seen them yet, there are a bunch of videos from John's car here:

http://www.californiafords.com/mpg/john91coupe/

and plenty of pictures of it here:

http://www.californiafords.com/images/john91coupe/hi-res/

-Sawson

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks again Sawson and Gabriel for hosting this stuff. I sent you an email back Gabriel.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

nickn
¯
Member # 193

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nickn  Ford pictures for nickn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
your car is wicked bro [Big Grin] I love seeing it at the track, and the green notch too.
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey-
I'm a STAR! (dork w/ the camera in white t-shirt) Hope to catch you next time, John. It was great seeing your quiet (in comparison), mild looking notch beat a loud, big winged car! No wild, wheels up launches- just stab it and go...

JL

[worship]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
Hey-
I'm a STAR! (dork w/ the camera in white t-shirt) Hope to catch you next time, John. It was great seeing your quiet (in comparison), mild looking notch beat a loud, big winged car! No wild, wheels up launches- just stab it and go...

JL

[worship]

Your victory fist wave is one of the best parts of the video......next to the "I be bad" comments from the stands, that is [Big Grin]

Hope to see you there the next time.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Chris_67_SC_408
¯
Member # 936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris_67_SC_408  Ford pictures for Chris_67_SC_408  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn john from the look of the first video it's REALLY time for the spool. Do you have a transbrake or do you always just leave off idle?
Posts: 716 | From: San Mateo, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

I do have a spool in it now and the runs from now on will be using the transbrake.

[ June 20, 2002, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: John91coupe ]

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Chris_67_SC_408
¯
Member # 936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris_67_SC_408  Ford pictures for Chris_67_SC_408  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how much stall do you have?
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Stall is 5200.
Chris_67_SC_408
¯
Member # 936

Thanks John.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com