Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Sears Point and MPH part II

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Sears Point and MPH part II
Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hemi Ted  Ford pictures for Hemi Ted    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haha..... for anyone saying Sears isn't the spot:
SONOMA, Calif. — John Geyer, a part-time competitor on the NHRA
POWERade Drag Racing Series circuit, set the quickest elapsed-time ever
recorded at Sears Point Raceway on Monday for the Pro Stock division during
test runs.

Geyer, who will compete in the FRAM Autolite Nationals at Sears Point
Raceway Aug. 2-4, turned the quarter-mile in 6.87 seconds, bettering the
previous mark of 6.88 set by Jeg Coughlin in 2001. However, the time
will not be considered a track record because it was not set during a
national event.

It was the first pass down the quarter-mile by an NHRA-sanctioned
machine since the track unveiled its new quarter-mile strip. The strip now
features a 660-foot concrete pad and it has been separated from the road
course. Those elements, combined with the fact that Sears Point Raceway
is just 15 feet above sea level, should make the strip one of the
fastest in the country.

"The surface is smooth as glass and I was real impressed. I did not
feel one bump the whole way down the track," Geyer said. "You're going to
see some unbelievable numbers when we come out here in August. I think
if the weather is cool in August, you're going to see national records
fall at Sears Point."

What made the pass even more impressive was that it was not run under
ideal drag racing conditions: sunny skies and temperatures near 80
degrees.

Geyer, who pilots the Motown Missile Dodge Neon, tested at Sears Point
on Monday as part of a Memorial Day Bracket Drags event.

No what ya' gonna say to that?? Set your shit up, and shut-up!

--------------------
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa
Anniversary Edition
"Thats Mr. Great Pumpkin to you!"

Posts: 2601 | From: Tomball, TX | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

here, here! [worship]

there is even a prevailing tailwind at Sears, apparently (ssshhh!!!)

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Chris_67_SC_408
¯
Member # 936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris_67_SC_408  Ford pictures for Chris_67_SC_408  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hate Neons
Posts: 716 | From: San Mateo, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sfGi8nt  Ford pictures for sfGi8nt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by white slut:

I'll say try it on street tires [Big Grin]

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
Hurst Shifter-Flowmaster-3.42's-Cutout-!CAGS-K&N FIPK-TB Airfoil-TB Bypass-160 Stat-Manual Fan Switch-
271rwhp & 304rwtq
13.64 @ 102.26 w/ 2.09 60'
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That day there was actually a tail wind, do not ever expect that on a Wednesday.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hemi Ted  Ford pictures for Hemi Ted    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try it on street tires?
Dont go to the Drag Strip on them.
Wednesdays huh?? I guess........
Whatever??
Did you guys read?? His conditions were not IDEAL??
Hello?
C'mon guys...... Try and share and ya's just dont get it.

--------------------
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa
Anniversary Edition

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In their defense Ted sometimes at Sears you get stuck behind a line of cars just dragging water over the launch pad, and they don't clean it up. So you never know what you're gonna get.

I was in line monday and the announcer goes..."to speed everything up I need everyone to drive THROUGH the water box, we can't wait for everyone to go around and back up", [Mad] I was lucky. The guys in front of me were still going around [patriot]

sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sfGi8nt  Ford pictures for sfGi8nt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Try it on street tires?
Dont go to the Drag Strip on them.
Wednesdays huh?? I guess........
Whatever??
Did you guys read?? His conditions were not IDEAL??
Hello?
C'mon guys...... Try and share and ya's just dont get it.

lol. I don't know what all that means!
the only reason I said what I said, was becuase almost everyone's problem with SP, is how they can't hook up on street tires!
I can't, but on my drag radials, it's fine.
So, I don't get the point of that [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
I was in line monday and the announcer goes..."to speed everything up I need everyone to drive THROUGH the water box, we can't wait for everyone to go around and back up", [Mad] I was lucky.

lol, I heard that too!.
I was like, WTF? I ended up being one of the guys dragging water out there. But I swear, I will never listen to that guy ever again.
"Drive through the water box please"
Heh, yeah rite pal!

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
Hurst Shifter-Flowmaster-3.42's-Cutout-!CAGS-K&N FIPK-TB Airfoil-TB Bypass-160 Stat-Manual Fan Switch-
271rwhp & 304rwtq
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

StreetStang37
¯
Member # 935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreetStang37  Ford pictures for StreetStang37    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What are you thinking!! Leave the street tires for for street racing!! [Roll Eyes] duh.

Also, records get broken like every year. What will that guy run somewhere else?

Posts: 88 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

That record has stood for a year. It was a YEAR before someone could break it by .01 seconds.

I personally saw Eddie Hill on the first ever 4.99 @ 288 mph run. The first ever Top Fuel run in the fours. AND THAT WAS IN 1989. Records are made to be broken, but its pretty cool when they are, and even better still when its done locally.

My only point is to say not to give up just yet on Sears Point.

I will also tell you guys this. You guys shouldn't run at Sears if they are going to tell you to drive through the water box to save time. Driving around it is for safety's sake. It seems they must have forgotten about that. Thats not to say DONT GO TO SEARS. It is to say, go to the front of the line and organize a quick shut down of cars. Anyone who really is intelligent will shut there car off and protest with you. No one should be driving through the water box on street tires period. Water on the track is dangerous. Sears Point Tech guys should know that. Who cares about getting in one extra run each if its on a wet track! What assholes! Organize!!
Sf..... My only point is, I GOT SOME 16" Drag Radials for sale if you need!

--------------------
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa
Anniversary Edition

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You do not have to drive through the water!! Drive around it every time, they will say nothing and if for some reason they did tell em to give you your money back. they wont say a word.
sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

quote:

Sf..... My only point is, I GOT SOME 16" Drag Radials for sale if you need!

I got some DR's already!
Only got 6 or so passes on them [Smile]
Thanks for asking though!
And I'm not giving up on SP just yet.
I KNOW it will be ONE HELL OF A TRACK, it just needs to be raced on a bit more until it has its full potential. I am a big SP fan myself, I juts wish they were a little more *together* and I could squeeze a E.T. like the one I pulled at Sac (time in sig without the dr's)
Thats all [Smile]

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
271rwhp & 304rwtq
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

nickn
¯
Member # 193

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nickn  Ford pictures for nickn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know any car will benefit from the lowest DA around, but wenesday nights and street tires, just wont work, you have a ton of street tire cars making it very slippery out there.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com