Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Sears Point and MPH

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Sears Point and MPH
StreetStang37
¯
Member # 935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreetStang37  Ford pictures for StreetStang37    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Were the mph's off at all yesterday/today (wed.) I saw a bunch of LS1's running 97-101's. I talked to a bunch of people running and they were all slower than what people usually post. This guy in a C5 showed me his slips 14.2's @ 98, 100 and 13.7 @ 101. I thought these hit a usuall min. of 105 or so. And this guy in a 98' 4.6 GT showed me his slip of 15.2 @ 90 and 15.0 @ 91. He was lightly modded and was a 5spd. Just wondering if the MPH's were off at all. I ran 13.6 @ 102.9. It was nearly 90 humidity nearing 50 (later passing it) and baro of 30.11 including wind against though I dont know the MPH on that.

--------------------
1993 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
Trick Flow Heads, Street Heat intake, 3/8in spacer, E303, TFS 1.7rr & 6.75 pushrods, Holley 190lph fuel pump, 24# injectors & sample tube, SVO timing chain, Aeromotive AFPR, 180* t-stat, 2 5/8 Auto Meter mech fuel pressure gauge, K&N, March Ram Air & Pullies, Black Magic Electric Fan, 73mm C&L MAF, Edelbrock 65mm TB & EGR, 1 5/8in Equal Length Super Competition Hooker Headers, 2 1/2in H-Pipe w/hi-flow cats & Flowmaster 2 1/2in Cat-Back Exhaust, FlowTech Cut-Outs, Nitto DR's, 3.73 gears, FMS Aluminum DriveShaft, Pro 5.0 Shifter, Pro-Shift Lite, 9mm FMS Plug Wires, PowerSlot rotors, PowerMaster 140amp Alt., LX lights, Cobra R hood w/SVO scoop, Saleen spoiler, Cobra Bumper, MaCh1 paint scheme, 3in chrome tips

Posts: 88 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
nickn
¯
Member # 193

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nickn  Ford pictures for nickn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I heard there was something wrong with the MPH too, anyone else notice this? my friends went last week and said everyones mph was way low, LS1s running 14s and barely breaking 100 mph.

[ May 30, 2002, 01:21 AM: Message edited by: nickn ]

CANTCME
¯
Member # 525

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CANTCME  Ford pictures for CANTCME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes!!!! I knew I wasnt crazy I think the clocks or something are wrong at Sears because I was trapping with speeds of 99-100 mph where at Sac I was trapping at 102 all night long, also I would cut the same 60' but still be .2 off of my other times something has too be wrong?
Posts: 844 | From: san francisco,ca | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
JUSTIN
¯
Member # 586

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JUSTIN  Ford pictures for JUSTIN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CANTCME:
Yes!!!! I knew I wasnt crazy I think the clocks or something are wrong at Sears because I was trapping with speeds of 99-100 mph where at Sac I was trapping at 102 all night long, also I would cut the same 60' but still be .2 off of my other times something has too be wrong?

was up bro? how do you like those drag radials? what rpm do you launch at? [Cool]

--------------------
JUSTIN selling everything and buying a viper!

Posts: 310 | From: UNION CITY | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
CANTCME
¯
Member # 525

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CANTCME  Ford pictures for CANTCME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man I still cant fucking drive, I am still cutting a 2.1 60' I bet without the DR's I would probably do worse but it is still up to me and for some reason I cant get out of the hole. I usually am lauching from about 2k and dropping the clutch.
Posts: 844 | From: san francisco,ca | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
OldSchoolFormula
¯
Member # 823

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OldSchoolFormula  Ford pictures for OldSchoolFormula    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
might wnat to consider that it was hot yesturday, and that will kill horsepower.

--------------------
1973 Formula 400

Spdfreak LS1
Board idiot
Member # 679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spdfreak LS1  Ford pictures for Spdfreak LS1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by OldSchoolFormula:
might wnat to consider that it was hot yesturday, and that will kill horsepower.

I was thinking the same thing... just a thought though. But when i ran my stang hot i ran 15.8 up there. that night when it was A LOT cooler, i ran 14.9

--------------------
Juice times to come!!
http://www.thesiccrew.com/Kevin.html
http://www.geocities.com/kevtopgun/Z28.html
12.9 and 111mph traps on Street tires.
quote:
Originally posted by FireWhore:
..... nor do i care what any of u peeps think....or me for that matter....

Posts: 2202 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was out there last night and it was pretty hot, BUT my friend was still running 104 in his 99 cobra, Craig in the green lx was still running 112. They gained about 1 mph when eliminations started and it cooled down.
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think there were a lot of novice drivers out there, making it look bad. The heat sure was enough to kill some off of the top end, but not much more than a mph or two.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

StreetStang37
¯
Member # 935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreetStang37  Ford pictures for StreetStang37    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I doubt just 1 or 2. We have an automatic '96 Z28 that rann 14.6 @ 99 last year bone stock, and since then we've added some small mods and it was trapping 95-96.
Posts: 88 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
e-dogg
¯
Member # 678

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for e-dogg  Ford pictures for e-dogg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes there is something wrong with that track i talked to a guy in a 01 ss camaro ls1 he's from houston texas moved up here he said at hrp in houston he ran mid 12's all day long on street tires and he has hella mods for an ls1 all the bolt ons possible he was running 13.4 106 all night long he's got flp longtubes,corsa exhaust,y pipe cutout,ported tb,maf ends,pulleys,lid get the idea 13.4 with all those mods can't be right that's what they run stock he said the track is shitty doesn't hook at all and on street tires at hrp he said he could hook something is wrong with sears

--------------------
auto,vrs x-pipe,mac longtubes,flows up next: trying to get rid of everything work 2, 3 jobs to get a ws6 ls1 here i come

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I really doubt it. I was out there on monday and ran a 12.6/12.8 running on 7 cylinders most of the way down the track. Although my mph was off (102/106), it was due to my car's problems.

90 degree heat slows you down, no doubt about it. Best thing to do is to density altitude correct your times, and compare your 60 foot times. If short times are consistent, you can negate temperature effects with the Density altitude conversion on your times. [patriot]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sfGi8nt  Ford pictures for sfGi8nt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
I really doubt it. I was out there on monday and ran a 12.6/12.8 running on 7 cylinders most of the way down the track. Although my mph was off (102/106), it was due to my car's problems.

90 degree heat slows you down, no doubt about it. Best thing to do is to density altitude correct your times, and compare your 60 foot times. If short times are consistent, you can negate temperature effects with the Density altitude conversion on your times. [patriot]

I was out there on Monday too, and my times where the same as usual.
BUT, I was there with a guy in a LS1 with headers, lid, 373's, hotcam, and shift kit, he ran a 13.5 @ 110. then on the second run, he ran a 11.8 and didn't get his MPH on the clock or the slip, so something is fishy about there times and slips, just not when I run on the pad [Big Grin]

But the heat will kill your trap speeds by enough to notice no matter what! I try and go on cooler days, but that is pretty hard to do at SP, and especially at Sac [Smile]

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
Hurst Shifter-Flowmaster-3.42's-Cutout-!CAGS-K&N FIPK-TB Airfoil-TB Bypass-160 Stat-Manual Fan Switch-
271rwhp & 304rwtq
13.64 @ 102.26 w/ 2.09 60'
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

flatacid
¯
Member # 878

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for flatacid  Ford pictures for flatacid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sf-i pm'ed you awhile ago and din't get a response. was monday better than wensdays? and how many runs did you get before elim's?

--------------------
89 mustang gt w/ t5

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When I was there last wednesday night I thought I noticed that. The times were slower .3 and 5 mph lower. [Eek!] At sac I ran a 14.1 with spin in 1st and 2nd, at 99.6. But at sears it said 14.45 at 94. mph. It doesn't sound right to me. [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Blownhatch
¯
Member # 167

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blownhatch  Ford pictures for Blownhatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So Sears pt still doesnt have their shit together? [Eek!]
Posts: 427 | From: Protected Witness | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sfGi8nt  Ford pictures for sfGi8nt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by flatacid:
sf-i pm'ed you awhile ago and din't get a response. was monday better than wensdays? and how many runs did you get before elim's?

Oops, I don't think I know how (or didn't realize hot to tell) that I had a PM.
Anyways, on Monday, we got only 2 runs before eliminations. Just like Weds, but the wait was terrible. In total, I got 4 runs in. Pretty much the same as Weds, but things just go faster on Weds.
IMO, Weds is much funner, and Mondays are a little better, becuase your first couple runs, are still in the morning, which seemed to be ALOT cooler outside than in the evenings at SP

Mondays are cool as hell becuase of all the REAL dragsters there, but Weds is much better to me for racing!

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
Hurst Shifter-Flowmaster-3.42's-Cutout-!CAGS-K&N FIPK-TB Airfoil-TB Bypass-160 Stat-Manual Fan Switch-
271rwhp & 304rwtq
13.64 @ 102.26 w/ 2.09 60'
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com