Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » who says Sears doesn't hook?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: who says Sears doesn't hook?
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup, Sears doesn't hook worth crap! [Roll Eyes]
pulled a 1.679 on ET Streets with a 5, count it fivesecond burnout, and a 3500 rpm launch.
On another launch, with like a 2 second burnout and a 2500 launch (total bog) 1.734 60'

best pass
60' 1.679
330' 4.924
1/8 7.821 @ 87.41
1/4 12.62 @ 102.99 (wtf?)

taking a look at my timeslip, she got out of the hole but gave it up a little past the 330' mark. I think I hurt something [Mad]
I believe I was on my way to squeaking a high 11 all motor, but it fell on it's face by the 1/8 mile.

when I brought it home, I ran a compression check and turns out I was running on 7 cylinders.
0 compression on #8
2 other cylinders were a little weak. [patriot]
it'll be a while before I hit the track again!

[ May 27, 2002, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: shade-tree ]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think pretty much everyone but you agrees that Sac Raceway hooks better than Sears, new track or not [Wink]

Your 1/8th mile time translates to a 12.2@110MPH. Only 1.5X and tuning away from 11's [dance]

Do you think you hurt the short block or valve train to get no compression in #8?

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nah, it gave up long before the 1/8, I think it was in the 11.8 range before it gave up. Fell dead on it's face in 3rd.

I assume it's the valve being too tight. better not be the shortblock. shit.

don't get me wrong, Sacramento is great, but Sears , IMHO , doesn't "suck" and I don't buy that nobody can get below a 2.0 60' with slicks there.

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Herman (mondo car) 60ft way better at Sears than Sac.

I went 1.72 at Sac and 1.67 at Sears I say sears hooks better.

What happened to the motor shady???

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:

I assume it's the valve being too tight. better not be the shortblock. shit.

To give you NO compression at all???

LOL if it was tight enough to give you no compression at all I can only imagine how your piston liked that when the valve slapped it.

I have a good shortblock :)and/or I can build ya a nice one on the cheap [Smile]

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think Sears blows, comparing to Sac. I was able to rip out of the hole twice as hard at sac. Plus we were .3 and 4mph faster at Sac. I think I will stick to going out there.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry to hear the news. I've been anxious to see your car run. Hopefully the problem won't be as bad as you think.
If you think you made it past the 330 mark under full power I have some timeslips you can compare to. Similar traps to what you'd probably run but an auto.

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

quote:
Originally posted by 1sicgt:
I think Sears blows, comparing to Sac. I was able to rip out of the hole twice as hard at sac. Plus we were .3 and 4mph faster at Sac. I think I will stick to going out there.

Are you talking about street tires?

It also depends on when you go.

Some nights VHT is in full effect and sometimes it isnt.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

hrm, I am a little skeered about my motor,
I'll have to take a look at it and see if I need to punt it. leakdown is next.

90GT, didn't get out that hard,
4.92 was my 330', it felt real good though from the cockpit. maybe it wasn't an 11 after all, heh.

perhaps sears was good today because it was an NHRA event.

could have easily run around 160#'s lighter [Big Grin]
(tools , passenger seat, swap my LX seat for a plastic bucket [Big Grin] )

[ May 27, 2002, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: shade-tree ]

sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sfGi8nt  Ford pictures for sfGi8nt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was there today, and my first 2 runs, I hooked up very well.
I had a 2.02 and a 1.97 60's
But my last 2 runs, I pulled both 2.1s and spun half way through first ON MY DRAG RADIALS!
They were sparying major vht, and ALOT of drag cars, but I still couldn't hook up on my last 2 runs [Frown]
I had a good time though, and hung out with a few guys off the board!
Hey v6boy and sic91, how did you guys do after I left? You guys line up with each other? [Big Grin]
shade, what color is your car, and what class did you run in today? Just wondering if i noticed you there.
Did you see me? I was parked with all the other cars in Trophy in the back!
Just wondering [Smile]

[ May 27, 2002, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: sfGi8nt ]

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
Hurst Shifter-Flowmaster-3.42's-Cutout-!CAGS-K&N FIPK-TB Airfoil-TB Bypass-160 Stat-Manual Fan Switch-
271rwhp & 304rwtq
13.64 @ 102.26 w/ 2.09 60'
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm not sure but I think it would be very close. Check this out:

Chris_67_SC_408
¯
Member # 936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris_67_SC_408  Ford pictures for Chris_67_SC_408  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
don't get me wrong, Sacramento is great, but Sears , IMHO , doesn't "suck" and I don't buy that nobody can get below a 2.0 60' with slicks there.
Who the fuck said that? I just took my car up there on Monday for the first time and all I had was my stock 8" rear (2.79s and an open dif) with small t/a radials and I still got a 1.954 60' If sac is better then I will be VERY impressed.
Posts: 716 | From: San Mateo, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sfGi8nt  Ford pictures for sfGi8nt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Chris_67_SC_408:
quote:
.. all I had was my stock 8" rear (2.79s and an open dif) with small t/a radials and I still got a 1.954 60' If sac is better then I will be VERY impressed.
How did you launch to get that 1.9?
Also, the track was hooking like crazy yesterday, so don't get your hopes up for next time [Smile]
let me know how you managed to pull those 60's though!

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
Hurst Shifter-Flowmaster-3.42's-Cutout-!CAGS-K&N FIPK-TB Airfoil-TB Bypass-160 Stat-Manual Fan Switch-
271rwhp & 304rwtq
13.64 @ 102.26 w/ 2.09 60'
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

quote:
Originally posted by sfGi8nt:

shade, what color is your car, and what class did you run in today? Just wondering if i noticed you there.
Just wondering [Smile]

I ran my black LX coupe with convo pro rims all around, otherwise stock looking. skinnies up front, ET Streets out back.

I left early, car ran like crap on the big end and I couldn't stand waiting 2-4 hours between runs! [worship]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

Chris_67_SC_408
¯
Member # 936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris_67_SC_408  Ford pictures for Chris_67_SC_408  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I sat at the line with one foot on the brake and one foot at 20% throttle (I know because the cool ass data recorder shows rpm and tps %) and stalled my 2500 stall converter to 2800rpm [Big Grin] , let my foot off the brake and
quote:
SLOWLY
eased into the gas until about 4500 rpm and then floored it.
Posts: 716 | From: San Mateo, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sfGi8nt:
I was there today, and my first 2 runs, I hooked up very well.
I had a 2.02 and a 1.97 60's
But my last 2 runs, I pulled both 2.1s and spun half way through first ON MY DRAG RADIALS!
They were sparying major vht, and ALOT of drag cars, but I still couldn't hook up on my last 2 runs [Frown]
I had a good time though, and hung out with a few guys off the board!
Hey v6boy and sic91, how did you guys do after I left? You guys line up with each other? [Big Grin]
Just wondering [Smile]

Sup man you and i raced and u left i lined up with dan and launched a shitty 6.0 r/t time and he had his best run of the day that pass and he beat me. Then he beat two more people and was the semi-finalist and dan got a trophy!

Go Sic CREW!!!

--------------------
Support our troops!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com