Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » TIMES FROM SEARS!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: TIMES FROM SEARS!!
V6Gurl
¯
Member # 1147

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for V6Gurl  Ford pictures for V6Gurl  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OK, it was my first time ever racing at a track. Too bad it had to be at a track that
everyone didn't like bcuz since it was my first time i thought it was great! Okay anyway,
I had a total of 3 runs while i was there. FIRST TIME EVER i got a 15.9 on the 1/4 mile, then
the second practice run I spun my tires for way to long at the line.... shouldn't have done any,
but i got a 16.0. THEN my last run bcuz it was bracket racing I couldnt go on bcuz, I ran a 15.7 at 85 mph!!!!!!!!!
- R/T .884 - 60 ft. 2.3 Even though I couldn't go on, I beat both of my other times. I can't wait to
see what I get up in Sac, with no shitty track and with no head wind and with me now having
done it b4. I had a great time tho!! I mean it was tight... i was 1 of 2 girls out there racing!!!!
it was GREAT!!!!!!!!

--------------------
2001 V6 Firebird Best ET: 15.0 @ 89.7 MPH 2.0, 60 Ft.
Flowmaster exhaust, Custom Cold Air Intake, K&N Filters, H&R Springs - 2in. Drop, Z28 Front and Rear Sway Bars. Soon to come: 3:73 gears, Ram Air Lid, Cut out, Shift Kit, and Hpp3 Hypertech.
"You're Not Doing Anything Wrong Unless You Get Caught!"
Wanna Run Boys??? http://www.TheSicCrew.com

Posts: 139 | From: CaliCaliCalifornia | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Being your first time you did as well as can be expected. The track isn't bad, if you go a couple times you will know what you can and can't do off the line. Good Luck
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sears is a bad track? Hardly. The only problem is when you run with the street tire crowd and the track staff gets tired of mopping up all the water they drip.

good runs

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

V8 boy
¯
Member # 861

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for V8 boy  Ford pictures for V8 boy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sears has potential but right now it suxs.i went to sac on sat and cut a 2.066 60 ft on 235 street tires. at sears yesterday on drag radials i was pulling the same 60ft's. im gonna give it a year or so then maybe go back.

Daniel

--------------------
2000 crystal White GT 5spd
mod list-O/R h-pipe,flowmasters, phenolic intake spacer, 70mm mac throttle body, densecharger,:)4.10's :D, 2in. drop springs, march underdrive pullies and a steeda tri-ax

R.I.P. 01 NBM Camaro

R.I.P. Miles Werho 12/8/02 dont worry miles ill make sure to keep all white mustangs alive in memory of u

Miss you too, StoplightWarrior :(

nickn
¯
Member # 193

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nickn  Ford pictures for nickn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get that 60' down to a 2.0 and you got a low 15!

some friends of mine went, they said it royally sucked out there, the majority of the racers were 15-16-17 second cars, and LS1s and stangs were running like crap too. I guess I'll stick to sac!

e-dogg
¯
Member # 678

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for e-dogg  Ford pictures for e-dogg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yep i was there watching most ls1's were running 13.7-13.8 and seen a few run constant 14.0's those are low 13 sec cars running high 13's sears point just isn't hooking i even talked to the guy with the calloway twin turbo vette and he goes their every week since they started wednesday drags he even said track is not hooking at all he had slicks also something is wrong?

--------------------
auto,vrs x-pipe,mac longtubes,flows up next: trying to get rid of everything work 2, 3 jobs to get a ws6 ls1 here i come

JetLag
¯
Member # 902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JetLag  Ford pictures for JetLag    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was running 14 flat the whole not, I can't brake into the 13's still.

My last 3 times.....

GOD DAMNIT!!

And all I can get is a high 2.2 60' time, I have tried.

The Ls1's were all high 13's and a few SS's were in the 14's [Frown] .

The new Gt's were all mid 14's by the looks of it.

Not too good so far.

--------------------
1997 Red/w Black top Z28
A4/3.23's/ T-Top converted
K&N CAI,!TB, Flowmaster exhaust, cutout, BMR STB / SubFrames, Lowered
::All plans on hold::

flatacid
¯
Member # 878

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for flatacid  Ford pictures for flatacid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn brian. im still waiting to see that 13.xx run. [Smile]

let me know next time you go up there. [Smile]

--------------------
89 mustang gt w/ t5

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I guess chevy guys can't drive off the line??? Did no one see Matt in the SS with stripes on STREET tires? hmmm 12.8's 2.0 60's... Anyways what the hell are you all crying about??? They are street tires.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

e-dogg
¯
Member # 678

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for e-dogg  Ford pictures for e-dogg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah i seen matt pewter ss camaro he usually runs 12.5 107-108 at sears pt on dr's he ran a 12.8 because he got new tires and rims but i seen him at sac about a month ago run a 12.2 111 best time he's ever run even ricers go to sac more they get a 16.5 instead of a 16.8 at sears i love sears pt because i live like 15 min away but truth is sac hooks better

--------------------
auto,vrs x-pipe,mac longtubes,flows up next: trying to get rid of everything work 2, 3 jobs to get a ws6 ls1 here i come

91PONY
Mrs. Valve Events
Member # 206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91PONY  Ford pictures for 91PONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by V6Gurl:
OK, it was my first time ever racing at a track. Too bad it had to be at a track that
everyone didn't like bcuz since it was my first time i thought it was great! Okay anyway,
I had a total of 3 runs while i was there. FIRST TIME EVER i got a 15.9 on the 1/4 mile, then
the second practice run I spun my tires for way to long at the line.... shouldn't have done any,
but i got a 16.0. THEN my last run bcuz it was bracket racing I couldnt go on bcuz, I ran a 15.7 at 85 mph!!!!!!!!!
- R/T .884 - 60 ft. 2.3 Even though I couldn't go on, I beat both of my other times. I can't wait to
see what I get up in Sac, with no shitty track and with no head wind and with me now having
done it b4. I had a great time tho!! I mean it was tight... i was 1 of 2 girls out there racing!!!!
it was GREAT!!!!!!!!

Glad you had fun your first time racing. BTW, I've raced at Sears and Sac and I think the tracks BOTH suck. The best time to go to Sac raceway is on a Test 'n tune and it costs $40 to run...but they prep the track much better. I got a 2.0 60 ft. on Test 'n tune and a 13.1 @ 105.5 best. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Heather '91 GT

Posts: 1477 | From: Citrus Heights, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sfGi8nt  Ford pictures for sfGi8nt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Don McComas:
Well I guess chevy guys can't drive off the line??? Did no one see Matt in the SS with stripes on STREET tires? hmmm 12.8's 2.0 60's... Anyways what the hell are you all crying about??? They are street tires.

Well in my Chevy at Sears Point I was never (and still never been able to) get a 60' time better than a 2.1 on street tires. Old track and new track. The traction there JUST PLAIN SUCKS! At Sac, i pulled 3 2.0s in a row and didn't spin once on the same tires. That is a good track.
Hell, even at SP yesterday on my drag radials, I stalled up to 1300 rpms and spun half way through first. So its not just the driver's. I pulled 1 1.9 on the DR's at SP, and all others were 2.0s. At Sac, Im sure I can pull a 1.8 on DR's
Also, I'm sure Matt (the guy with the Pewter SS black stripes and SS rims?) has very good skills getting out of the hole,. I see him there all the time, I also had a r=un with him (he blew my dorrs off [Smile]
but I have tried EVERYTHING to get out of the whole at SP on street tires.
I finally gave up a month ago, and I only go there on DR's now [Big Grin]
Even 2.0s on drag radials sucks for any track if you ask me

EDIT:
hey v6boy that was you that I let use my tire guage, huh? And your girl is v6gurl?
duh! [Big Grin]
Nice to meet you I guess [Big Grin]

[ May 24, 2002, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: sfGi8nt ]

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

"I'm sure Matt (the guy with the Pewter SS black stripes and SS rims?) has very good skills getting out of the hole,. I see him there all the time"

SKILLS!!! That is what I have been saying this whole time. If you had skills as well, you too could get low 60's.LOLOL j/k. Once again, you have seen him there a lot and on slicks he runs LOW 12's but on streets he keeps a respectable 60 (2.0's) and still is in the 12's. This man just backed up everything I have been saying.

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

e-dogg.... Seroously man, I am sure we would all pay $25 to race at Sears Point if you got all the ricers to go to Sac. We would pay their gas, food, travel time......... That is why it takes so long between races....You have 900 20 second cars that sound like &%*$!!!!!

--------------------

V8 boy
¯
Member # 861

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for V8 boy  Ford pictures for V8 boy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
hey v6boy that was you that I let use my tire guage, huh? And your girl is v6gurl?
duh! [Big Grin]
Nice to meet you I guess [Big Grin]

whats goin on dude. dam i didnt kno u were on the board. hey i really appreciate u letting me use that tire gauge. it was nice to meet u and hopefully well meet again and get a real introduction. until next time. keep on keepin on.

Daniel

[ May 24, 2002, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: V6 boy ]

--------------------
2000 crystal White GT 5spd
mod list-O/R h-pipe,flowmasters, phenolic intake spacer, 70mm mac throttle body, densecharger,:)4.10's :D, 2in. drop springs, march underdrive pullies and a steeda tri-ax

R.I.P. 01 NBM Camaro

R.I.P. Miles Werho 12/8/02 dont worry miles ill make sure to keep all white mustangs alive in memory of u

Miss you too, StoplightWarrior :(

sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sfGi8nt  Ford pictures for sfGi8nt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Don McComas:
"I'm sure Matt (the guy with the Pewter SS black stripes and SS rims?) has very good skills getting out of the hole,. I see him there all the time"

SKILLS!!! That is what I have been saying this whole time. If you had skills as well, you too could get low 60's.LOLOL j/k. Once again, you have seen him there a lot and on slicks he runs LOW 12's but on streets he keeps a respectable 60 (2.0's) and still is in the 12's. This man just backed up everything I have been saying.

I need some skills then [Smile]
I dont think I will ever see a 2.0 on street tires at SP ever!
i suck!

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
Hurst Shifter-Flowmaster-3.42's-Cutout-!CAGS-K&N FIPK-TB Airfoil-TB Bypass-160 Stat-Manual Fan Switch-
271rwhp & 304rwtq
13.64 @ 102.26 w/ 2.09 60'
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com