Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » who went to sears pt

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: who went to sears pt
e-dogg
¯
Member # 678

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for e-dogg  Ford pictures for e-dogg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i didn't run but i watched seemed like track was not hooking that great plus that wind felt like it was gonna blow you away

--------------------
auto,vrs x-pipe,mac longtubes,flows up next: trying to get rid of everything work 2, 3 jobs to get a ws6 ls1 here i come

FireWhore
¯
Member # 781

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FireWhore  Ford pictures for FireWhore  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i know daniel took the v6 down there, tried out my DR's but the track once again was shit! Back to sac i guess......

--------------------
Mods: SLP Cold Air, 85MM Maf, 1LE Inatke Elbow, Custom Muffler, OBD1 CPU
AIM: FireChickenLS1

Posts: 1310 | From: Livermore,CA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Track isn't shit, just the driving habits. A lot of people here seem to frequent Sac. The two tracks are different and so launch techniques need to differ. I threw down consistent 1.77's in a STOCK 93 cobra with nos. When I say stock I mean it had STOCK springs, suspension, 308 gears, etc....The ONLY thing I had for traction was cheater slicks. Craig in the green 93 lx ALWAYS throws down 1.6 and 1.7's at SP. The older guy in the Calloway, Glen in the green fast back.....these people always run consistent 1.6's as well. They just re-learned the track with the new launching pad.
V8 boy
¯
Member # 861

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for V8 boy  Ford pictures for V8 boy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i said it once and ill say it agian street tires at sac and drag radials at sears same 60 ft's and ur telling me the track isnt shit.

Daniel

--------------------
2000 crystal White GT 5spd
mod list-O/R h-pipe,flowmasters, phenolic intake spacer, 70mm mac throttle body, densecharger,:)4.10's :D, 2in. drop springs, march underdrive pullies and a steeda tri-ax

R.I.P. 01 NBM Camaro

R.I.P. Miles Werho 12/8/02 dont worry miles ill make sure to keep all white mustangs alive in memory of u

Miss you too, StoplightWarrior :(

FireWhore
¯
Member # 781

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FireWhore  Ford pictures for FireWhore  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cheater Slicks, make a world of difference reguardless of stock suspension, i mean shit ive seen mid 11 second fbodies with bone! stock suspension on et streets so that is no exscuse

the track just needs some time to be warn in, i wont go there for at least a year, for now ill keep going to sac.

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bottom line is that the track hooks up fine. Street tires or not. Learn how to get out of the hole. If you want sub 2.0's on street tires then good luck anywhere.
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

How is SP shit and Sac not? LOL!!! Your back alley 1 1/2 lane road with the burrito stand for a snack bar. LOLOLOLOL Everyone has their track of choice. So be it.
FireWhore
¯
Member # 781

i know sacs grounds are shit, but lately their track has been sticky.... and far as SP... ive just heard nothing but bad things so far this year, i personlaly havent been there yet.... but i will try it on et streets when i get my car up and running again and the following week i will go to sac and choose which i like

--------------------

JetLag
¯
Member # 902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JetLag  Ford pictures for JetLag    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats what I hate about Sacramento,I feel like I am in some guys back yard, and he just paved a little road that is 1/4 long. And the road on the way back, after you make the run is a joke! Grass is over growing it and there are ground squirls running around, lol. Sears Point on the other hand is a REAL track but I have not had any luck there so far.

--------------------
1997 Red/w Black top Z28
A4/3.23's/ T-Top converted
K&N CAI,!TB, Flowmaster exhaust, cutout, BMR STB / SubFrames, Lowered
::All plans on hold::

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
People are pulling down some of their best 60foots ever at Sears Point.

it is an awesome track mang.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Also who goes to a track for the food? If my back alley raceway hooks for me then I like it. Every night I have been to sears all i hear is I cant hook up blah blah, Shit when I ran I was on Drag Radials and had more spin then on my street tires?????

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
nickn
¯
Member # 193

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nickn  Ford pictures for nickn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm curious, I got a 2.004 on 225 wide street tires, I might go to sears before I get 245 DRs.
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Don McComas:
If you want sub 2.0's on street tires then good luck anywhere.

let me interrupt you here.Sac is king for 60-foot's. in my GF's car i ran a 1.94 on stock 245s tires.. now you might not think thats special.. Consider that i did it w/ Koni's that dont transfer weight and some road race springs and you'll see to get that 60-foot it takes some traction ... That was my second and last time running her car, so i was far from use to it..Sac will spray down VHT in both lanes so that helps out alot..all the time i've went to sears they didnt even knwo what VHT was.. LOL.. anyways i hope everyone keeps going to sears and stay's away from sac.. I hate when its crowded...
Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sfGi8nt  Ford pictures for sfGi8nt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Bottom line is that the track hooks up fine. Street tires or not. Learn how to get out of the hole. If you want sub 2.0's on street tires then good luck anywhere.

I pulled 3 2.0s at Sac on street tires and I wan't even trying. At SP on drag radials, I have to really try to get a 2.0
I don't care what you say, SP sucks!
Driver or not, drag radials or not.
I will make a plan to go out there on my street tires, IF you want to run my car for me and I will place a $50 bill in your hand if you bring back a timeslip with a 2.0 60'
you game?

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
Hurst Shifter-Flowmaster-3.42's-Cutout-!CAGS-K&N FIPK-TB Airfoil-TB Bypass-160 Stat-Manual Fan Switch-
271rwhp & 304rwtq
13.64 @ 102.26 w/ 2.09 60'
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Everyone talks street tires like they are the best thing out there. Bullshit you get the same et's on dr's as streets. If that is so then you need to learn how to drive. LOL

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sfGi8nt  Ford pictures for sfGi8nt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Bullshit you get the same et's on dr's as streets. If that is so then you need to learn how to drive. LOL

I DID!
At Sac on street tires, i pulled 3 2.0s in a row, no spinning at all.
At SP, I can't pull anything better than a 2.2 (a couple 2.1s) on street tires, but on dr's, I can pull 2.0s all day. I even pulled a 1.9 on DR's there.
Why is it so hard to believe that one track hooks better than the other?
Have you been to both tracks lately?
I have, thats why I am saying this!

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
Hurst Shifter-Flowmaster-3.42's-Cutout-!CAGS-K&N FIPK-TB Airfoil-TB Bypass-160 Stat-Manual Fan Switch-
271rwhp & 304rwtq
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

e-dogg
¯
Member # 678

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for e-dogg  Ford pictures for e-dogg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im with you sfgi8nt why is it so hard to believe sac hooks better everyone i talk to even says so even my ricer friends for example anyone seen that subaru wrx silver with the spoiler and 18 in rims 2 weds ago i went to sac he was there he ran a 12.8 105 on wed at sears he ran a 13.3 99 the drivers got to be consistent every time they race therefore it must be the track

--------------------
auto,vrs x-pipe,mac longtubes,flows up next: trying to get rid of everything work 2, 3 jobs to get a ws6 ls1 here i come

sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

quote:
Originally posted by e-dogg:
...the drivers got to be consistent every time they race therefore it must be the track

Exactly.
I only went to Sac once, I ran 3 times ....
13.70, 13.69, and a 13.64! All with 2.0 60's
Been to SP many times. My first couple runs are always a bit higher (temp is always hot and cools down at night) but after the weather cools, I run close to expected ET's, but my 60' times stay the same. 2.2's on street tires and 2.0s on dr's.
Hey, check out my site sfGi8nt.jeeran.com only the timeslip section is up right now) and look at ALL my timeslips. (You can tell which 3 are from Sac) Page 1 is most recent and so on!
but if you look, all of the runs from my first time to now, has all been pretty much consistant.
Its not the driver's, its the track!

[ May 25, 2002, 02:17 AM: Message edited by: sfGi8nt ]

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
271rwhp & 304rwtq
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

It is the drivers................LOL
StreetStang37
¯
Member # 935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StreetStang37  Ford pictures for StreetStang37    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sears is pretty slick. i spin third there the way i usually spin second on the street. (before heads/intake/cam/etc.)
Posts: 88 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Sure...............lol

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

nickn
¯
Member # 193

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nickn  Ford pictures for nickn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
take your drag radials to sac, see if you can geta sub 2.0 60ft.
sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

quote:
Originally posted by nickn:
take your drag radials to sac, see if you can geta sub 2.0 60ft.

I can get 2.0s all day at Sac on my sh!tty Eagle RS-A's
The 13.64 ET is at Sac on street tires. I made two other runs that day, both with 2.0 60's

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
271rwhp & 304rwtq
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com