Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Grudge Night Times (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Grudge Night Times
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The track was hooking very good. I ran good times all night as well as alot of other people. Times are best to worst.
60ft ET MPH
1.97 13.61 101.17 (so close to 13.5)
2.05 13.63 102.14
2.06 13.64 101.54
2.07 13.67 101.76
2.05 13.68 102.18
2.04 13.74 100.74(last run of the night)
The 13.744 was againts a SS and he ran a 13.766 Talk about a close race it was back and forth all the way down and at the end I pulled just alittle bit more. That was the best race I've ever had. Did anybody get it on film or any of my other runs.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks like you're getting very consistant.
FireWhore
¯
Member # 781

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FireWhore  Ford pictures for FireWhore  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Sic Crew was having a good night also except for the WRX [Frown] no more 1st or second, we think he shattered second and now the chunks from second are causing first not to work now...... his first run he did manage a....

2.3 60ft [Frown] but still pulled a 13.6 second run he got back into his 1.80 60s but then his car broke...... id estimate a 12.7 out of that run if second gear didnt get fucked....

--------------------
Mods: SLP Cold Air, 85MM Maf, 1LE Inatke Elbow, Custom Muffler, OBD1 CPU
AIM: FireChickenLS1

Posts: 1310 | From: Livermore,CA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah it was a real good night........track prep was good......ill let nickn post his own times but his shit was runnin on v6boy!! haha.......definitely a good grudge night though........especially watchin doc bust a 8.2 on the first stage! dayum!

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

nickn
¯
Member # 193

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nickn  Ford pictures for nickn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea i had a pretty good night!
I had a few 13.7s few 13.9s and for my best

2.004 13.55 101.3

time for some nittos! [Big Grin]
i think this defines the term "sleeper" haha jk

BTW doc's car is so bad!

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah, we took QWKBTCH up for her first ever time racing in her new '02 5sp. Not too shabby, for having to learn the burnout, staging, the tree, and where to set the clutch at for luanching, she managed a 14.4 [Big Grin] . We were impressed, since she has only been driving a stick for a few months.
I took her car for a run, to see what they have. Not bad. I spun in first a bit, 2.3 60' , 14.1 @ 99.1 mph 1/4. I see nothing but good tings for her ride. [Smile]

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
saleen00925
¯
Member # 1302

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen00925  Ford pictures for saleen00925  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was running 13.8's most of the night and I really wanted that 13.7. Then on my last run.......

13.705 @ 101.730mph

60' 2.138
Reaction .802

Deffinately my best run ever, improved my time by over a tenth. It's amazing what happens when you get traction = )

Saleen 00-925

Posts: 244 | From: Sacramento CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
imbroken
¯
Member # 165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for imbroken  Ford pictures for imbroken    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn! Only 1 track around here hooks as well as Sac... and its a 2 hour drive! But, I finally got a new best.. 12.52 @ 110.32 , 1.87 60' on stock 17" rims, Nitto 555R's
Posts: 1772 | From: Anaheim Hills, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1sicgt:
Yeah, we took QWKBTCH up for her first ever time racing in her new '02 5sp. Not too shabby, for having to learn the burnout, staging, the tree, and where to set the clutch at for luanching, she managed a 14.4 [Big Grin] . We were impressed, since she has only been driving a stick for a few months.
I took her car for a run, to see what they have. Not bad. I spun in first a bit, 2.3 60' , 14.1 @ 99.1 mph 1/4. I see nothing but good tings for her ride. [Smile]

Yeah Jon that was a nice run! A pretty much stock GT with pipe running a 14.1! Thats almost in the 13's. Gears+Drag Radials=low 13's

--------------------
Support our troops!

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I ran the best of 13.9 with a 2.1 60ft Not bad!!! The rest of the noght was any where from a 14.0-14.1... I need some drag radials bad I cant hook when hitting second!!!! I ran the 13.9 racing bunchmyfunky [Big Grin]
Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry I missed it, guys. Those are some great times. I was gone all week and got back late Fri. night- couldn't just turn around head out again. Looks like we should line up together, Mark. Bet we both improve our time. Ike- congrats on the 13's. Now get some tires and let's see what it will really do! I will be gone the next two weekends. Might be able to hit Wed. night. Got my g-load brace in and went for a quick blast down Grizzly Island Road. The subframes and bracing really improve the handling. Have to run up to the lake w/ you guys.

JL [patriot]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

FireWhore
¯
Member # 781

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FireWhore  Ford pictures for FireWhore  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just wish i had my car there also [Razz]

[ May 19, 2002, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: FireChickenLS1 ]

--------------------

V8 boy
¯
Member # 861

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for V8 boy  Ford pictures for V8 boy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea i have to agree the track was hooking very nice. I got my little V6 movin best run of the night was a 14.519 @ 94.8mph with a .628 reaction time and a killer 2.0 60ft on 235 street tires. When i come back hopefully i should have a new clutch and maybe some headers goin for a 14.2 and ill be happy. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

[ May 19, 2002, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: V6 boy ]

--------------------
2000 crystal White GT 5spd
mod list-O/R h-pipe,flowmasters, phenolic intake spacer, 70mm mac throttle body, densecharger,:)4.10's :D, 2in. drop springs, march underdrive pullies and a steeda tri-ax

R.I.P. 01 NBM Camaro

R.I.P. Miles Werho 12/8/02 dont worry miles ill make sure to keep all white mustangs alive in memory of u

Miss you too, StoplightWarrior :(

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by V6 boy:
yea i have to agree the track was hooking very nice. I got my little V6 movin best run of the night was a 14.519 @ 94.8mph with a 628 reaction time and a killer 2.0 60ft on 235 street tires. When i come back hopefully i should have a new clutch and maybe some headers goin for a 14.2 and ill be happy. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Yeah Dan that shit was rollin last night [Eek!]

--------------------
Support our troops!

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks Jim it felt good to get it in the 13's ... Im not going to go again until I et some nittos or something!!! I have to save for them.... OR you will let me borrow yours!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
LaserStang
¯
Member # 353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaserStang  Ford pictures for LaserStang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I personally had a KILLER night last night! I beat all my previous records, and got some GREAT tips from Brian (thanks again bro for all the advice!!!) I think my new pulleys really made a difference too. BTW - it was great hangin out with ya'll last night, I had a cool time! Anyway, here are my times:

Run #1: 14.325 @ 100.586mph w/ 2.380-60ft
Run #2: 14.325 @ 98.925mph w/ 2.385-60ft
Run #3: 14.127 @ 101.063mph w/ 2.358-60ft
Run #4: 14.004 @ 100.288mph w/ 2.192-60ft
Run #5: 14.022 @ 100.357mph w/ 2.225-60ft
Run #6: 13.869 @ 100.622mph w/ 2.151-60ft

WOOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!! [Big Grin]

~Brian

--------------------
Laser Red 2000 Mustang GT
http://www.montereymustangs.com

FireWhore
¯
Member # 781

cool shit B....... finally got urself a 13 sec car now [Wink]

--------------------

Tyler_LX
¯
Member # 1157

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyler_LX  Ford pictures for Tyler_LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I ran a best time of 13.213 @ 105.533

I need more practice on these tires [Smile]

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ike-
All you gotta do is ask!

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jim
When I get my gears we can line up. Otherwise you will smoke me. How about a lake run this weekend.

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
props to V6Boy! [patriot]

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That was one hell of a night for you v6boy. Much props.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya dude, very nice runs. i see a possible 13 sec in the near future [Big Grin]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
FireWhore
¯
Member # 781

try a 13 second car next month [Wink] the v6 goes in for surgery very very soon [Smile]

[ May 20, 2002, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: FireChickenLS1 ]

--------------------

V8 boy
¯
Member # 861

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for V8 boy  Ford pictures for V8 boy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea im gonna get a new clutch and then some drag radials if that dont put me in to the thirteens i got heads,cam and ported & polished intake manifold dyno tested for 40 to 50 rwhp. so either way itll be a 13 sec car. then comes the nos 100 shot all hte way into the 12's. until then thanx for all the support its kool to see u guys congratulating then hating on the sixer.

later
Daniel

[ May 20, 2002, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: V6 boy ]

--------------------
2000 crystal White GT 5spd
mod list-O/R h-pipe,flowmasters, phenolic intake spacer, 70mm mac throttle body, densecharger,:)4.10's :D, 2in. drop springs, march underdrive pullies and a steeda tri-ax

R.I.P. 01 NBM Camaro

R.I.P. Miles Werho 12/8/02 dont worry miles ill make sure to keep all white mustangs alive in memory of u

Miss you too, StoplightWarrior :(

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com