Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » New times from tnt

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: New times from tnt
90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got to try out my new pair of skinnies today. They saved me about 40 lbs. of unsprung weight. The best pass went
Got to see some of the other track regulars run also. See you next time.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is that a new MPH record for you?
90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah up from the previous of 110.58 three weeks ago. I'm finally getting the hang of the nittos too. Got a pair of 1.83's besides the pass listed.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sweet. Whats your nitto secret? Ride the clutch?
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice! Bettered that 12.55 I saw. I had 7 runs and one new best- a 1.825 60ft. on the last run. Of course, I was so happy staring at the board I screwed the 1-2 shift...

I also equaled my best ET-
1.88 60 ft. (dropped the hammer at 5k)
13.397 @ 101.759mph.

The first run felt awesome, may have been my best 60ft.- but the slip just gave .000. The car moves differently now /w the subframes. I think it has less squat. I need someone to tape some launches for me.

On a somber note- saw a black SN95 4.6 GT that had been at the track w/ new heads and intake crashed on the side of Jackson road on our way home. That guy had dropped some big coin getting his speed parts put in. Looks like it may have been hit by a pick-up. Everyone seemed to be standing up and talking to a cop. His right front wheel/hub assembly was torn off. That must really suck.

Last bit of trivia- noticed that after my first .837 reaction time all the rest were between .430 and .570. Granted, the red lights are a bad thing. I was just suprised to see such a narrow range w/out really paying attention to the lights. I was concentrating on the launches. enough babbling.

JL

[Big Grin]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FasterDamnit-you forget to mention you almost took out the tree operator on that one burnout, lol. I think we have all messed up a good pass at one time or another. I wasted my best 60 ft ever on a missed 3-4 shift, doh.

st5150-Yeah I kind of drop it at 3k or so, letting the clutch absorb the blow, and then stand on it. I still have some improving, most people seem to be able to get into the 1.7s.

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Had to bring that up, huh? Yeah- I popped the clutch and the rearend stepped hard to the right. I stomped the brake and got a nice glare for my stunt. At least I didn't stall it. The best part is that was my 13.39 run, go figure...

[Roll Eyes] [Razz]

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I forgot about Jim almost taking the staging guy out anybody get it on film?

Hey what about the dragster that blew up. Sounded like a cannon going off.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
And how did you do, wiseguy?

[Wink]
JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL good thing I had a helmut on. Probably would have knocked myself out when I slammed againts the door. [Big Grin] O the joys of going sidways during a burnout.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Andrew WOT
¯
Member # 1249

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew WOT  Ford pictures for Andrew WOT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ May 13, 2002, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: Andrew WOT ]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com