Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Got some NEW TIMES out at SP with the new drag radials!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Got some NEW TIMES out at SP with the new drag radials!
sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sfGi8nt  Ford pictures for sfGi8nt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well today I made it out to Sears Point for Weds Night Drag. My first time racing on drag radials, and I was a bit worried
Right when I get into line, it starts moving! Im like the 7th car or so, and still have 35psi the drag radials. I jump out, drop the psi down to 25 real quick, and jump back in. Remember my first time on the radials and the traction there sucks!
So I pull up to the water box (I never burnt out before on my street tires b4) and do a 4 or 5 second burnout up to the line. I stage and rev to 1300 rpms into full throttle on the third light and came up with these #s...
R/T : .706
60' : 2.09
1/4 : 13.96
MPH : 98.46

I didn't spin, chirp, or make any little noise AT ALL Right when I got out of the hole, I knew that I had got my best launch just then! When I pick up my timeslip and see the 2.0 60' I am happy as hell. I didn't care about the 13.9 or the trap speed (they both suck), I was just happy to see that my best 60' of 2.2 at Sears Point was broken
I figured the reason the E.T. and trap speed was so crappy, was becuase I had just got off of the freeway about 15 minutes before, and the whole time in between I was getting teched, lining up, and then staging.
Not to mention it was 80 degrees at the time.

So I looked to see if my wheel had moved off of the rim any on my last run, and it didn't. So I dropped the pressure down to 22 psi. This time the car has settled down for about an hour and 15 minutes. The line starts moving.
So I pull up the water box, do a 5 second burnout, and pull forward. I stage and rev up to 1500-1600 (about as much as the POS front brakes can hold) and MASH FULL THROTTLE on the 2nd light and pull a.....
R/T : .484
60' : 2.07
1/4 : 13.81
MPH : 99.25

Again, I didn't get a single chirp or spin out of the hole This time I looked to see what the E.T. and trap speed was since I knew the 60' was better already. I noticed that I had red-lined it, and was really trippin. I have never came close to red-lining it before and I didn't take off until the second light came on. I guess I underestimated the drags again This time was now 77 degrees, but it was still very humid!
Now onto disqualifications

First I see if the wheel had moved off of the rim any, and it didn't. I drop my pressure down to 20 psi and go grab a bite to eat [Big Grin]
Due to a couple *hold backs* and someone *drooling* oil on the track, it was finally my turn again after 3 whole long hours I could tell it has cooled down a WHOLE LOT by now, becuase I am freezing from the cool breeze with a t-shirt on. I am unsure what to clock in at becuase I know it is colder out and I know that the pressure being dropped a lil more, I can try to punch out a little bit harder. I am thinking of a 13.7, but I am also thinking I might run a 13.6 and get the boot So after I do some hard thinking, I dial in at 13.7. The line starts moving.
I pull up to the water box, do a long, nasty, thick white burnout for about 6
seconds up to the line. I stage and rev close to 1700 rpms. I felt insane when reving that high, also it felt like the brakes were gonna give in. Well they didn't luckily, and right when the 3rd light came on, I had the gas pedal all the way to the floor. I came home with this..
R/T : .627
60' 1.97
1/4 : 13.56
MPH : 100.80

YEEEESSS! I still didn't get any slipping or chirping at all! Right when I took off, I knew that I was going to be disqualified for going faster than the 13.7. That run felt really good. I need a line-loc and a 2800 stall god-damit [Big Grin] The brakes wont hold any more than what I did, and still I could have got out of the whole harder and faster!
Even though the other guy clocked in a 15.0 and ran a 14.9 and won, I didn't really care! All I wanted was a new best time, and well I can't complain
EDIT: BTW, it was great to meet you JetLag [Smile] How were your other runs, after I left?

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
Hurst Shifter-Flowmaster-3.42's-Cutout-!CAGS-K&N FIPK-TB Airfoil-TB Bypass-160 Stat-Manual Fan Switch-
271rwhp & 304rwtq
13.64 @ 102.26 w/ 2.09 60'
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

JetLag
¯
Member # 902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JetLag  Ford pictures for JetLag    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
After you left, I got 2 more runs in. GREAT job on your times!! I was happy you broke out cause you got a really good time! [Smile]

Best 2 runs of the night I got

Best-

60' - 2.26
1/8- 9.071
mph- 79.91

1/4- 14.004
mph- 99.71

TALK ABOUT CLOSE

THe thing that pissed me off was that my last run I got a

60'- 2.22
1/8- 9.05
mph - 79.78

1/4 - 14.006
mph -99.24

TALK ABOUT CLOSE , AGAIN!!!
I am right on the boarder really, the slightist thing would have broken into the 13's.

I am happy though, getting better at running.

--------------------
1997 Red/w Black top Z28
A4/3.23's/ T-Top converted
K&N CAI,!TB, Flowmaster exhaust, cutout, BMR STB / SubFrames, Lowered
::All plans on hold::

flatacid
¯
Member # 878

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for flatacid  Ford pictures for flatacid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
jetlag- thats to bad you didn't get into the 13's. but those look like some hard times to beat in braket.

drag radials are in the picture for me next time. i can't live with that 14.9 over my head. [Frown]

--------------------
89 mustang gt w/ t5

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
congrats on your runs...........told ya the 1.80 60's are near impossible on stock stall............
sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sfGi8nt  Ford pictures for sfGi8nt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jayl:
congrats on your runs...........told ya the 1.80 60's are near impossible on stock stall............

I know they are out of the question at Sears Point on the stock stall. But at Sac, i don't know. I know I can pull a 1.9 on my street tires at Sac on a good day(I am sure), so 1.8's shouldn't be out of the question at Sac.
Imma have to go out there soon and see what happens!
Im on drags from here on out!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com