Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » may 8th roll call sears point (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: may 8th roll call sears point
e-dogg
¯
Member # 678

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for e-dogg  Ford pictures for e-dogg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'll be heading up there early about 3 i think gates open at 4 who's all goin

--------------------
auto,vrs x-pipe,mac longtubes,flows up next: trying to get rid of everything work 2, 3 jobs to get a ws6 ls1 here i come

sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sfGi8nt  Ford pictures for sfGi8nt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be there on my fresh set of BFG DRs [Smile]
Hopefully the track is WAY better for traction than last time, and I can cut some 1.8 60's [Big Grin]
(i have been dreamin alot lately)

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
Hurst Shifter-Flowmaster-3.42's-Cutout-!CAGS-K&N FIPK-TB Airfoil-TB Bypass-160 Stat-Manual Fan Switch-
271rwhp & 304rwtq
13.64 @ 102.26 w/ 2.09 60'
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

JetLag
¯
Member # 902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JetLag  Ford pictures for JetLag    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
::::raises hand gently::::

--------------------
1997 Red/w Black top Z28
A4/3.23's/ T-Top converted
K&N CAI,!TB, Flowmaster exhaust, cutout, BMR STB / SubFrames, Lowered
::All plans on hold::

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hope to be there either may 1 or 8
I think I found my H20 leak, it was the head gasket. I'll see when I fire it up though (crosses fingers)

SIKKSTANG
¯
Member # 1210

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for SIKKSTANG  Ford pictures for SIKKSTANG  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I might be down to go

--------------------
Burn rubber on you quick as hell, you need some toilet paper don't shit on yourself...
sikkstang.tripod.com

sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sfGi8nt  Ford pictures for sfGi8nt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
I hope to be there either may 1 or 8
I think I found my H20 leak, it was the head gasket. I'll see when I fire it up though (crosses fingers)

SP doesn't have another drag day until May 8th(May 1-motorcycles only)
Regular Weds Night Drag back to its regular schedule May 8th
Hopefully there will be some amazing traction that night!

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
Hurst Shifter-Flowmaster-3.42's-Cutout-!CAGS-K&N FIPK-TB Airfoil-TB Bypass-160 Stat-Manual Fan Switch-
271rwhp & 304rwtq
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

WhiteGT
¯
Member # 791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteGT  Ford pictures for WhiteGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be there by 2 o'clock, ready to cut soem better 60's.
sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

quote:
Originally posted by WhiteGT:
I'll be there by 2 o'clock, ready to cut soem better 60's.

Do you ever get to run there for free? You know, becuase you work there?
I would steal all keys that I needed to go there in the middle of the night and run up and down until I got the bestest time out of it, and then go back the next night until I got fired [Big Grin]

WhiteGT
¯
Member # 791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteGT  Ford pictures for WhiteGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just work events in ticketing, so i'm not a full time employee, and i have no keys, haha.

I do usually get to race for free on wednesday nights when my boss is the one selling tickets.

flatacid
¯
Member # 878

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for flatacid  Ford pictures for flatacid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
id go if i knew how to get there. anyone coming up from the san ramon, walnut creek, orinda type area i can tag along with?

--------------------
89 mustang gt w/ t5

sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

quote:
Originally posted by flatacid:
id go if i knew how to get there. anyone coming up from the san ramon, walnut creek, orinda type area i can tag along with?

Im going from Oakland, and I take 580-W over the San Rafael bridge to 101-N up to 37-E and Im right there.
But since you are out near walnut creek, you can get on 680-N(you know where 680-N is, from where your at?)
take that, it will run into 780-W, and you want to take that to I-80. Get on 80-N for a couple minutes until you see highway 37. You want to take 37-W and that will take you all the way to sears point. there are a bunch of signs when you are right there, you can't miss it.
it took me about 30 minutes TOPS one time coming from Sears Point going to Walnut Creek(Treat exit).
Does this sound right for anybody that knows? IRemeber I came from the opposite way, only one time, so I am trying to remember directions backwards [Smile]
You can also just get there address and go to the infamous website for directions and get the EXACT way from your doorstep.

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
271rwhp & 304rwtq
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

flatacid
¯
Member # 878

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for flatacid  Ford pictures for flatacid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
kool. i might go down there then. and i would take the olympic exit which is about 3 exits after treat. so your thinking half hour tops? i would want to get there by 2:30 or 3:00 right?

and i tryed getting directions but on sears points address, they don't have a definate street address. unless i missed it. [Smile]

--------------------
89 mustang gt w/ t5

JetLag
¯
Member # 902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JetLag  Ford pictures for JetLag    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Hey flatacid:

I am comming up from Alamo and heading to Sears Point on the 8th. Let me know if you want to cruise together. I have been there many times before so I know the way.

[ April 28, 2002, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: JetLag ]

--------------------
1997 Red/w Black top Z28

flatacid
¯
Member # 878

sounds good. let me talk to a buddy to see if hes going. i'll let ya know. [Smile]

--------------------
89 mustang gt w/ t5

sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

quote:
Originally posted by JetLag:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by flatacid:
QUOTE]Hey flatacid:

I am comming up from Alamo and heading to Sears Point on the 8th. Let me know if you want to cruise together. I have been there many times before so I know the way.

Hey Jet
Was the directions I gave him, the right ones?
Just wondering how well I did with them being reversed [Smile]

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
271rwhp & 304rwtq
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sfgi8nt:

your hoping to cut 1.8 60's?? I assume you are on the stock converter, I was just wondering how that would be possible without a shit load of power........not tryin to start something with ya, its just hard ass hell to get these cars to 60ft like that on a stock converter

[ April 30, 2002, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: jayl ]

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

whitecobra
¯
Member # 555

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for whitecobra  Ford pictures for whitecobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ill be there running 12.5's in the white snake [Cool] [Eek!]

--------------------
98COBRA
"holy shit"

Posts: 205 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
JetLag
¯
Member # 902

Those directions sound right SFGi8nt... [Smile]

Well, I will probably head up a little early like every one else...and if anyone is taking 680 up there and are goon ago by Walnut creek, we can cruise up if you want.

Keep posting on the board about your plans.

--------------------
1997 Red/w Black top Z28

Snake Bite
¯
Member # 88

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snake Bite  Ford pictures for Snake Bite    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll probably go on the 8th. i live in Concord, so if you want to roll up together its cool with me. its very easy to get to sears point and i know a couple of shortcuts in Vallejo.
Posts: 56 | From: concord, ca | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

quote:
Originally posted by jayl:
sfgi8nt:

your hoping to cut 1.8 60's?? I assume you are on the stock converter, I was just wondering how that would be possible without a shit load of power........not tryin to start something with ya, its just hard ass hell to get these cars to 60ft like that on a stock converter

Yeah that is what I am hoping for [Big Grin]
I'll be happy with a 1.9, hell a 2.0 even at Sears Point(traction sucks there to me). At Sac, i would hope to see a 1.8
I pulled 3 2.0's in a row at Sac, with no spinning at all on street tires. Not even a chirp(best time below at Sac). So on these drag radials (did you notice I had the drags?) I would expect to see a 1.8 out there. I have heard of many people pullin 1.8s on street tires, but I just got these drags for Sears Point mostly. The traction there sucks no matter how I launch, so I'm stickin to the floor and goin from here on out [Big Grin]
We'll just have to see what BFG DR's can do for someone at Sears Point. I will be happy to run a 13.6 at SP on the drags! Sac, I want a 13.5 or I'm sellin the tires [Smile]

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
271rwhp & 304rwtq
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

flatacid
¯
Member # 878

jetlag- still 2:00 o'clock at walnut creek bart?

snakebite- what part of concord? maybe we can meet up somewhere.

i drive like a granny everywhere, so how about a nice, easy, speed limit cruise over there? [Smile]

JetLag
¯
Member # 902

quote:
jetlag- still 2:00 o'clock at walnut creek bart?

yeah, right by the bus stations on the side that points over to Target. I have a question though.....can I race with no roof?? I am in the middle of a t-top conversion right now, and It looks like a t-top but as of right now it is perminant, I still need to install the lacthes for the glass tops. You guys have experiance with that? I also have to cap my cut out I guess, cause sears checks that I heard.

--------------------
1997 Red/w Black top Z28

sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

quote:
Originally posted by JetLag:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by flatacid:
[qb] I have a question though.....can I race with no roof?? I am in the middle of a t-top conversion right now, and It looks like a t-top but as of right now it is perminant, I still need to install the lacthes for the glass tops. You guys have experiance with that? I also have to cap my cut out I guess, cause sears checks that I heard.

Can you tell that it isn't finished or that it isn't safe? (is it safe?)
Also, I don't think that it matters unless you have a drop, then you have to have a bar at 13.99 or faster(i think) As long as your car looks normal (a t-top or hard top) then they shouldn't even trip. If you run in the 13's, bring a helmet. Even if you haven't, you might tomorrow, and don't be like me and have to leave becuase you dont have a helmet.
But then again, you can ask to borrow one, i'll have one, but I think you said you were gonna be in the same class or whatever, and then sharing helmets can turn into a problem. But if you dont have one, ill help you out with getting one from someone there
Also, they don't check for the cutout. Atleast they didn't last time I was there a month ago or so. But I think to be safe since it is the first regular shedule Weds night drag, and they might be a little strict, im gonna cap mine b4!
Ill prolly see you out there.
Stop by the black 97 w/ billet grill and orange emblems!

flatacid
¯
Member # 878

theres a high school class right? ive never been there so im not gonna know what to do.

--------------------
89 mustang gt w/ t5

JetLag
¯
Member # 902

It is safe. It looksjust like a normal t-top with the tops off, but with no weather stripping. I am not sure how fast I am running but my goal is 13's so once I break it, I will try to find a helmet. What we could do, is I could line up in the high school class when I pull up to the booth, I still have my ID card, and they dont check it that throughly, and that way when one of us is going the other can lend the helmet to him, and rpeat the cycle. I will stop by to say hey for sure man. I like the make/model/year/mod list of your car [Wink]

But it doesnt have the cool, jaged edge t-top look going on [Smile]

Flatacid- see you tmw.

--------------------
1997 Red/w Black top Z28

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com