Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » NEED SOME SLIKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: NEED SOME SLIKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
whitecobra
¯
Member # 555

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitecobra  Ford pictures for whitecobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HEY GUYS I AM LOOKING FOR SOME CHEAP SLIKS THAT WILL FIT A STOCK 17 INCH 98 COBRA RIM, OR IF THEY ARE ON RIMS ALREADY THAT WOULD BE GREAT. [worship] NEED THEM ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[worship]

--------------------
98COBRA
"holy shit"

Posts: 205 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WHere do you live. I might sell mine. I have ET streets with weld drag lites. MAke me an offer.

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
97cobra
¯
Member # 150

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobra  Ford pictures for 97cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey brian, give me a ball park on these. I know a couple of people who are looking for ET's. Are these 26 or 28 ???
James

--------------------
"Some people dream with success... while others wake up early and work hard to have it." Man do I ever want to go back to dreaming of it !!!

Posts: 116 | From: Fremont, ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
James,
They are 26X10.5X15's. They are on weld drag lites. I paid $600 for the combo. Looking for $350 obo.

--------------------

98Snake
¯
Member # 183

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for 98Snake  Ford pictures for 98Snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TRY2PAZ,
will they fit without any modifications on a 98 cobra (grinding, longer studs etc)? are the rims 8" or 10" wide? and whats the backspacing?
Thanks bro,
Angelo

OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OutlawZ  Ford pictures for OutlawZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Will someone please tell him that they don't make a slick that will fit a 17" RIM!!!! You're lucky if you can find a true slick in a 16" nevermind 17...... If it's a 17 the sidewall is so short it ain't worth a damn as a slick. Slicks need tall sidewalls to absorb launch so they wrinkle. Making a 17" slick is counter-productive....

--------------------
1995 OutlawZ28
Old motor-355 ci LT1 10.40@131
New motor-CSM Race Engines solid roller 383 LT1....
Cali's fastest LT1-period....

Posts: 486 | From: Fairfizzle, CA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

quote:
Originally posted by 98Snake:
TRY2PAZ,
will they fit without any modifications on a 98 cobra (grinding, longer studs etc)? are the rims 8" or 10" wide? and whats the backspacing?
Thanks bro,
Angelo

They fit like a glove on our cars. The rims are 15X8.5 I have used the stock studs, and they worked ok. I broke a stud before. I upgraded to the MOROSO studs. SAC will let you use them, but they want longer studs put on. The tires have maybe 15-20 passes left in them.

--------------------

98Snake
¯
Member # 183

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 98Snake  Ford pictures for 98Snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cool thanks bro, I'll let you know for sure by the end of this week/beginning of next week, if you still have them and still want to sell them. I just have a few things I need to make sure are taken care of. Also, approximately how many passes do brand new ET streets last, with big smoky burnouts? And can you actually drive them on the street (ie to and from sears/sac)? Sorry for all the questions .. later
Angelo

[ April 15, 2002, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: 98Snake ]

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

quote:
Originally posted by 98Snake:
cool thanks bro, I'll let you know for sure by the end of this week/beginning of next week, if you still have them and still want to sell them. I just have a few things I need to make sure are taken care of. Also, approximately how many passes do brand new ET streets last, with big smoky burnouts? And can you actually drive them on the street (ie to and from sears/sac)? Sorry for all the questions .. later
Angelo

It matters on the HP on the car. I have a 250 hp car. I think you can get 30 passes or so out of them. Yes I have used them on the street. SCary on the freeway though. You are better off changing them at the track.

--------------------

66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 InjectedCobra  Ford pictures for 66 InjectedCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
17" slicks are not to be found. They would be no good any way. Get some drag radials if you want to keep the cobras on. Drag radials work well on the later cars 4 they are heavy [Wink]

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6389544

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com