Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Sears Point T&T April 10th

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Sears Point T&T April 10th
sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sfGi8nt  Ford pictures for sfGi8nt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Make sure you all get there early if you want to run em'
It will most likely be packed as sh!t (especially since people like me are spreadin the word a week before)
also, does anybody know the price for test & tune?

[ April 03, 2002: Message edited by: sfGi8nt ]

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
Hurst Shifter-Flowmaster-3.42's-Cutout-!CAGS-K&N FIPK-TB Airfoil-TB Bypass-160 Stat-Manual Fan Switch-
271rwhp & 304rwtq
13.64 @ 102.26 w/ 2.09 60'
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

zinc00gt
¯
Member # 468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for zinc00gt  Ford pictures for zinc00gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought it was opening the 17th?? Thats tight if it opens the tenth sooner is better, but i'll be there early, and last year it was around 20 bucks for t&t
Posts: 260 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
e-dogg
¯
Member # 678

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for e-dogg  Ford pictures for e-dogg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i hope to be out there my car's at ford now though my overdrive light came on and my tranny shifts like shit im hoping it's something small but if my tranny is fucked up then my car will be down for some time zinc i'll let you know for sure if im goin by friday if my car is cool then we can head up there together peace

--------------------
auto,vrs x-pipe,mac longtubes,flows up next: trying to get rid of everything work 2, 3 jobs to get a ws6 ls1 here i come

Spdfreak LS1
Board idiot
Member # 679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spdfreak LS1  Ford pictures for Spdfreak LS1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
om not going to even try to go out there till their open for at least a month. all those rices take over the place. the last week they were open last year i got only 1 run in [BS flag]

--------------------
Juice times to come!!
http://www.thesiccrew.com/Kevin.html
http://www.geocities.com/kevtopgun/Z28.html
12.9 and 111mph traps on Street tires.
quote:
Originally posted by FireWhore:
..... nor do i care what any of u peeps think....or me for that matter....

Posts: 2202 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
nnswoosh8
¯
Member # 965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nnswoosh8  Ford pictures for nnswoosh8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i though they limit the number of cars for each class, so everyone can run???
Posts: 33 | From: San Ramon,CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
yesIdid
¯
Member # 58

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for yesIdid  Ford pictures for yesIdid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was hoping the rice would stay in Sac [BS flag] .

Call me a hater...

Anyway, SP huh. I might check it out. Since I'm unemployed [BS flag] , I gots plenty of time to get there early hehehe.

--------------------
SOLD :(
Black 99 GT w/the 35th Anniversary package

BOUGHT :)
2015 Mustang GT premium w/PP

Posts: 514 | From: San Franpsycho | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SFgi8nt, were you at the Foster freeze show????? I remember talking to a guy who had a 97 black z28 with a cut out, cause i loved the sound of his exhaust, and i thought it was the SLP loudmouth at first.

Anyway, was that you?

sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sfGi8nt  Ford pictures for sfGi8nt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlueV6stang:
SFgi8nt, were you at the Foster freeze show????? I remember talking to a guy who had a 97 black z28 with a cut out, cause i loved the sound of his exhaust, and i thought it was the SLP loudmouth at first.

Anyway, was that you?

Did he have long hair in a pony tail and a beard?
Nope, it wasn't me
I didn't make it out there this time.
I'll be at the SF(NOT SSF) Street races this Sat, if you want to come and hear my lovely exhaust

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
Hurst Shifter-Flowmaster-3.42's-Cutout-!CAGS-K&N FIPK-TB Airfoil-TB Bypass-160 Stat-Manual Fan Switch-
271rwhp & 304rwtq
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
@ 3-com? Shit i dont even know when/where these things are gonna go down, im just gonna drive around so. airport in SSF and then go to 3-com.
j0k3r
¯
Member # 826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for j0k3r  Ford pictures for j0k3r    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you sre the first one is on the 10th? I pulled this off their website.
quote:
Wednesday Night Drags
Where:
Sears Point Raceway Highways 37 & 121 Sonoma, California

When:
April 17 - November 13, 2002

--------------------
[img]http://www.writebacksoon.net/pics/sig.jpg[/img]
Webmaster
http://www.1999gt.com

e-dogg
¯
Member # 678

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for e-dogg  Ford pictures for e-dogg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it's not on the website but i called and they are gonna have test and tune from only 4-7 p.m on the 10th cars 10 sec and higher can run 10 or below can't run there's gonna be so many cars and 3 hours of racing everyone will probably only get 1 time run in

--------------------
auto,vrs x-pipe,mac longtubes,flows up next: trying to get rid of everything work 2, 3 jobs to get a ws6 ls1 here i come

j0k3r
¯
Member # 826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for j0k3r  Ford pictures for j0k3r    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's their rule on helmets? I haven't been to Sears Point.

--------------------
[img]http://www.writebacksoon.net/pics/sig.jpg[/img]
Webmaster
http://www.1999gt.com

sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

quote:
Originally posted by j0k3r:

I think all the tracks are the same. 13.99 or faster you are required to wear a helmet. Sears Point really stresses that you wear it too.

4pm-7pm? WTF is that? I bet that some might not even get to run. There is gonna be so many 16sec+ cars there. I think the rule should be between 10sec-14secs, then we would all get like 2 runs in atleast

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
271rwhp & 304rwtq
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

ricekillman
Member # 1042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ricekillman  Ford pictures for ricekillman  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I talked to the chick, that works at the sales booth there and she said that we will be a able to run, but won't get a time.(new timing system not istalled?) So it's kinda pointless, unless you want to try out the new launch pad and see how that grips. I'll go the 17th though.
Milesblown03
¯
Member # 27

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milesblown03  Ford pictures for Milesblown03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by j0k3r:

i used to go there with my other cars, and never really liked it. Too many cars, and theyre tech people were not the coolest. Really strict. Sac is way more laid back, but is almost as crowded.

--------------------
99 honda 996 superhawk...
03 cobra:422rwhp,399rwtq (before pulley)
New best,12.07@119.9(!!)mph on nittos (cant drive to save my life!)

Posts: 1002 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Their voice recording says wed. night drags start the 10th, and that it isnt a test and tune.... Who knows! I try to get a operator and no one picks up........ Last thing i heard is that we will go no time slips? Ill keep trying...
Rdy2Strike
Member # 1050

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rdy2Strike  Ford pictures for Rdy2Strike    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys I went to the site and it looks like the first night of Wed. Night drags is the 17th
Posts: 1 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

ya thats confirmed....this wed. is def. a test and tune....as to if we will get time slips, well she didnt know if it was working or not, hehe, smart people....
1SicStanG716
the sic crew
Member # 716

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SicStanG716  Ford pictures for 1SicStanG716  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ill bring the 6er out to play lets go

--------------------
2001 sivler metallic v6 stang
The Sic Crew's Chic Magnet
Ford Service Tech/Sequioa Student
click this link http://www.pylon1.com/cobra/1sicstang_new02.jpg

R.I.P Miles "ull be in my prayers and thoughts" 12/13/79-12/08/02

Posts: 1729 | From: livermore,ca | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

WTF IS THIS BS!!!!!!

Just found out if your under 18 you have to have a parent AT SEARS to sign a waiver for you to drive. No, not just one time for the record, but EVERY wednesday you come. What bullshit, forget that place, my parents wont drive an hour just to sign a damn waiver.... Then my dad asked if there was any way to keep it on file, but they guy said no but you can buy a season pass for $200+ bucks..... Forget it

GRR [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

DeleteThisAccount
¯
Member # 94

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeleteThisAccount  Ford pictures for DeleteThisAccount    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlueV6stang:
WTF IS THIS BS!!!!!!

Just found out if your under 18 you have to have a parent AT SEARS to sign a waiver for you to drive. No, not just one time for the record, but EVERY wednesday you come. What bullshit, forget that place, my parents wont drive an hour just to sign a damn waiver.... Then my dad asked if there was any way to keep it on file, but they guy said no but you can buy a season pass for $200+ bucks..... Forget it

GRR [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

LOL!

Sucks bro.

Get a fake ID. They don't check if it's legal. [Wink]

PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Oh yeah! good point, when i get my ID in a few month's then that might work....until then, i guess the occassional (long) trip to Sacramento...
WhiteGT
¯
Member # 791

Ford Icon 7 posted      Profile for WhiteGT  Ford pictures for WhiteGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you do get timeslips, they jsut didn't ahve the score boards up. Last year under 18 had to get a waiver signed, you could take the paper home, and turn it in whenever, and they kept it on file. It's not smart to ask people who are selling tickets what's going on, because I do work there, and a lot of the time I don't know what's goin on. You need to talk to the full time employees, not just the ticket sellin bitches. May 8th will be a good night out there, everyhting should be all ready to go, and we'll have soem real bracket racing and organization, not just go get in line, and hope that it is the line that gets to race next.
sfGi8nt
¯
Member # 1068

quote:
Originally posted by WhiteGT:
[QB...because I do work there, and a lot of the time I don't know what's goin on....
May 8th will be a good night out there, everyhting should be all ready to go, and we'll have soem real bracket racing and organization, not just go get in line, and hope that it is the line that gets to race next.[/QB]

Het, if you work there, do you know why the traction sucked so bad for Weds Night Grudge? On the 8th, will there be some VHT on the track and will I be able to pull the time that I should be able to(as in the sig)? The best time yesterday for me was 13.9 and a couple 14.0s ALL with 2.2-2.4 60' times
Do you think that when the regular schedule gets back up, that the track prep will be ALOT better? let me know, I was soo dissappointed in the traction yesterday!
Thanks

--------------------
Silver 97 M6 Z28
271rwhp & 304rwtq
Black & Orange 97 A4 Z28
FOR SALE!!!!

WhiteGT
¯
Member # 791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteGT  Ford pictures for WhiteGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You cannot expect the track to be awesome when it has had less than 2000 passes made on it. After this weekend with all the drag cars going down it, and all the VHT being sprayed to prep the track for the GoodGuys Nationals, it should be much better for traction on May 8th. I think they will get back on schedule beginning May 8th, once superbikes is out of the way.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com