Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Have u ever seen reaction times...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Have u ever seen reaction times...
yesIdid
¯
Member # 58

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for yesIdid  Ford pictures for yesIdid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
THIS BAD [dance] ...

Last night marked my first trip to the track, ever. I was so nervous my first couple runs I couldn't get the burnout right . All in all it wasn't a bad experience and I know there are two-tenths, maybe 3 in this setup left .

1st pass: (no dial-in)
Reaction: 1.021 (sleepin at the light)
I1: 2.305
I2: 6.011
I3: 9.074
MPH (I3): 81.016
E.T.: 13.960
MPH: 100.962

2nd pass: (dialed-in a 14.99 hehehe)
Reaction: .874 (rice reaction times )
I1: 2.310
I2: 6.034
I3: 9.108
MPH (I3): 80.879
E.T.: 13.948
MPH: 102.730 ( )

3rd (final) pass: (I obviously broke-out)
Reaction: .806 (getting closer to .500 )
I1: 2.267
I2: 6.027
I3: 9.132
MPH (I3): 79.923
E.T.: 14.013 (f**k)
MPH: 101.490

On the first run was made on fully inflated garbageyears. Not much tire spin off the line lil sideways 1-2 shift.
Before the second run I deflated the rears to about 22 psi and tried launching harder. The tires didn't like that and I burnt em thru the sixty, but got my best time.
On my last run I had a true burnout which improved my sixty foot but my E.T. dropped
. Oh well, at least I stomped a turbo 240 SX in the process (he ran like a 14.4).

With some E.T. Streets or something I think I'll see 13.6-13.7.

Hey Drew, did u get a trophy [worship] ???
I bounced after my 3rd pass; that long-ass ride back to the city fuggin SUCKS. We need a strip out here (besides the stick). Good to finally meet you .

[ March 21, 2002: Message edited by: yesIdid ]

--------------------
SOLD :(
Black 99 GT w/the 35th Anniversary package

BOUGHT :)
2015 Mustang GT premium w/PP

Posts: 514 | From: San Franpsycho | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i average 1.2 reaction times

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
CHeck my sig for what you can do with sticky tires and 102mph in a full weight '92 LX.

I used to think that 13.6 was it for me, too...

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got 13.1 outta 102.x
97cobra
¯
Member # 150

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobra  Ford pictures for 97cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow, with those sixty foot time I would have thought that you were driving a corolla j/k. Not to bad for your first time though. Keep practicing your driving, good driver makes a big difference in your 1/4 mile time.

--------------------
"Some people dream with success... while others wake up early and work hard to have it." Man do I ever want to go back to dreaming of it !!!

Posts: 116 | From: Fremont, ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
e-dogg
¯
Member # 678

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for e-dogg  Ford pictures for e-dogg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yesIdid what color is your car cuz i went to sacramento last night just to watch and coming home on freeway i seen a black gt with 35th anniversary rims was that you.If it was i was messing with you on the freeway my car is silver 00 gt with a steeda wing.It was around the crockett rodeo area.

--------------------
auto,vrs x-pipe,mac longtubes,flows up next: trying to get rid of everything work 2, 3 jobs to get a ws6 ls1 here i come

yesIdid
¯
Member # 58

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yesIdid  Ford pictures for yesIdid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by e-dogg:
yesIdid what color is your car cuz i went to sacramento last night just to watch and coming home on freeway i seen a black gt with 35th anniversary rims was that you.If it was i was messing with you on the freeway my car is silver 00 gt with a steeda wing.It was around the crockett rodeo area.

Yup, that was me!!!!!!!!!

What happened?? Did u exit??? Whatcha got on your car?? Your car sounds kinda loud so I didn't try fuggin with you, but when u hit I couldn't resist
. If u head up there again, get up there early and run it bro!!!!!!!!!!!

imbroken
¯
Member # 165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for imbroken  Ford pictures for imbroken    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I want 1.8 60's on my DR's.. that'll give me low 12.8's

and 1.7's on my e.t streets.. erm..

--------------------
I love you Amber! =)

Posts: 1772 | From: Anaheim Hills, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
e-dogg
¯
Member # 678

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for e-dogg  Ford pictures for e-dogg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah that was my exit to turn off of.I got longtubes,h-pipe,and flow 2chambers on.How fast were you going i don't know how fast i was goin because my speedo all messed up after installing 4.10 gears my car sucks on the freeway now with gears

--------------------
auto,vrs x-pipe,mac longtubes,flows up next: trying to get rid of everything work 2, 3 jobs to get a ws6 ls1 here i come

yesIdid
¯
Member # 58

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yesIdid  Ford pictures for yesIdid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When u turned off I shut it down @ about 135 [dance] .

Did u install the l/ts yourself?????

[ March 21, 2002: Message edited by: yesIdid ]

--------------------

e-dogg
¯
Member # 678

no i had a shop in suisun install them for me set me back 800$

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yesIdid - Whats up man? It was nice seeing you out there. You did damn good for the first time out. I didn;t get a trophy last night. I red lit in the 3rd round with a .492 light! Oh well, there is always next week....lol Hope to see you out there again. Later bro, Drew

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
CANTCME
¯
Member # 525

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CANTCME  Ford pictures for CANTCME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey wassup yesIdid, I see you stay in the city, I am going up to Sac next week would you like to roll up there.
Posts: 844 | From: san francisco,ca | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
yesIdid
¯
Member # 58

quote:
Originally posted by CANTCME:
Hey wassup yesIdid, I see you stay in the city, I am going up to Sac next week would you like to roll up there.

Sup playboy, nah bro I won't make it next week. Actually, my tires won't make it . I'm working on fixing that. I'll post next time I go, maybe we'll roll up there.

Have fun out there tho [patriot] .

--------------------

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I once seen john kriner pull a .505 on a 5 tenths tree.

I dont know if he remembers that or realized it or not but that was some shit.

Luck or not.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5ptSlow:
i average 1.2 reaction times

to many blunts slowed town ur alertness

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
ponygrl95gt
¯
Member # 471

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ponygrl95gt  Ford pictures for ponygrl95gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hello yesIdid. I met you at the track last wed. Well conrgads on the not so bad E.T.'s. I would love to see numbers like those. As for my reaction times, I usually average in the .60's. My 60's although could use some major improvement. The best I've seen so far is 2.3 . Even though my car is mostly stock, I'm hoping to pass a little 98 auto who goes by the name of 98stangpower.

You did a good job, all and all for your first time out. It's a nerve feeling when you drive up to that line, knowing there's tons of people watching you. Good luck in the future, and I hope to see you out there more, even though I know the drive is killer.

Conni
98 white GT
Redlineladies.com

Posts: 172 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
yesIdid
¯
Member # 58

Ford Icon 12 posted      Profile for yesIdid  Ford pictures for yesIdid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm not sure if I'm going to Sac. or Sears Point next week.

Decisions, decisions...

BTW, thanks for the compliment ponygirl . Oh yeah, does your dog ride with u down the track ?????

Damn, I just checked the Sears Point thread and opening night has been postponed til April 17 [BS flag] .

It's lookin like Sac. then. I hope there's less rice this time [dance] .

[ March 27, 2002: Message edited by: yesIdid ]

--------------------

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ponygrl95gt:
Even though my car is mostly stock, I'm hoping to pass a little 98 auto who goes by the name of 98stangpower.

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

ponygrl95gt
¯
Member # 471

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ponygrl95gt  Ford pictures for ponygrl95gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm sorry I forgot your name yesIdid. Bad memory! Sorry.

My dog rides with me every time I go to the track. She is the ultimate companion.

Let us know how that track is. I've heard good and bad.

Posts: 172 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com