Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » what do you think it will run?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: what do you think it will run?
93lx306
¯
Member # 980

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for 93lx306  Ford pictures for 93lx306    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a 93 lx hatch with a 306 with ultra lite rods,stock crank,srp pistons.i amrunning a custom cam,afr 165s,holley systemax intake.the motor is 10.5 to 1. the motor made 320 rwhp with the bottle it made 520rwhp. it has a tubular k-member ,hal struts with coil-overs,the rear suspension has bbk upper and lowers,ccm coil-overs with 50/50 lakewoods,spherical upper bushings,15 by 10 welds with 275-50-15 bfg drag radials.the car weighs 3350 with me in it and has 3.55 gears.also has a t-5 with a spec stage 3 clutch.what do you think it can run in the 1/4?
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Low 11s high tens on the bottle with 1.4 or 1.5
93lx306
¯
Member # 980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93lx306  Ford pictures for 93lx306    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
working on putting a 250 shot jets in the tnt kit .made 520 rwhp with 200 jets.trying to get the car down to 3000 with me in it.i have removed tons of stuff.it only has water pump,and alt running off the crank.gonna put in light weight race seats soon. im hoping with 250 shot,car weighing 3000-3100 ,and 28-12.5 15 et streets it will run low 10s at 130+
AaronC
¯
Member # 86

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AaronC  Ford pictures for AaronC    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm curious about your setup. What exhaust do you use? What are your cam specs? Who made it? How much torque did it make and what where did the motor make it's peak #'s at? Did you degree the cam in? What intake centerline? I'm building a 306 right now and am shooting for big #'s. Trying to see how they compare.

--------------------
1991 GT Convertible: Stock 157k mile shortblock, HiTech cam, AFR 165 heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 1 3/4 headers

12.23 at 112.99
Best MPH 113.97

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like your tall slicks.

I hate your gear 3.55s.

I say ditch the T-5 and go with a C-4 or AOD with a brake and 4.10s.

Car should go tens.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Low 10's is possible, but not probable. If and when you do get it to run low 10's, you'll have a 9 second car on your hands if it was an automatic. The race seats should take off a nice 60lbs.
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Greg Castro ran 10s with less motor, but a lighter car.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PunkINa5.SLOW:

Not too much less of a motor.... 310rwhp or so? 'ligher car' is a gross understatement

Camarokid
¯
Member # 647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camarokid  Ford pictures for Camarokid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Barely hit 10's and did it only once. What was cool was that he would beat guys on the street that were faster than him. Not me of course...I kick his ass hella hard.

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Like I said I think it will go low 11s high tens.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

Don
CAFords OG
Member # 938

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don  Ford pictures for Don    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What do you mean by ultralight rods. Allum??? I am going to be doing a stock rod forged piston 306 with the Holley systemax topend and a 200 shot. Shold I expect these numbers or close? Or are the AFRs a lot better then the Holleys? By the way my car weighs 3500lbs without driver, is that normal for a auto T top car?

--------------------
06 sti 2.5
95 GT 5.2

Posts: 962 | From: Manteca, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Like I said I think it will go low 11s high tens.

I agree

PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ultra lights are a rod that are strong as and even stronger, in some cases, than H beam rods yet are lighter.

AFR 185s on a 10.5 to one custom cam 306 made 425 flywheel horsepower with a victor jr intake and 750 with 1 3/4 headers on dyno.

I say AFR 185s are a better all around head than the Holley heads, but what do I know?

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Don:
I am going to be doing a stock rod forged piston 306 with the Holley systemax topend and a 200 shot. Shold I expect these numbers or close? Or are the AFRs a lot better then the Holleys? By the way my car weighs 3500lbs without driver, is that normal for a auto T top car?

You can do a lot better than the holley systamax top end kit! The intake is nice, but thats about it. The cam isn't too good and the quality of the heads have beeen known to be lacking. Simply put, yes I would say the AFR's are a lot better than the holley's.

OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OutlawZ  Ford pictures for OutlawZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You think those SRP pistons will take a 250 shot for long??? I hope so cause that's what's in my motor that's being built now and my engine builder said he wouldn't be comfortable hitting them with more than a 200 shot. And yeah Greg Castro's car being light is a gross understatement. If you want a "Greg Casto Superlight" stang just strip everything but the suspension, frame, and engine/drivetrain to include both seats, side windows, door handles, console, dash, gauges and be sure to vacuum all dust and dirt from car. Then sit on milk crate and attach yourself to it with lightweight rope. You should have removed steering wheel so you'll have to steer with vice grips attached to steering wheel bolt. And wear glove on right hand so shifter threads will not tear up your hand cause we all know how much that shifter ball weighs

I couldn't believe how much he took out of that car... Thing ran though. What's up with that car now? What ever became of it and why did it only run 10's once?????

--------------------
1995 OutlawZ28
Old motor-355 ci LT1 10.40@131
New motor-CSM Race Engines solid roller 383 LT1....
Cali's fastest LT1-period....

Posts: 486 | From: Fairfizzle, CA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OutlawZ  Ford pictures for OutlawZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Low 11s high tens on the bottle with 1.4 or 1.5

Not gonna happen on those 275 Drag Radials Dan!!! Maybe on some 28x10 ET Drags.. I don't even think ET Streets could elicit a 1.4.... Maybe on a stang but not on my car. ET Drags got me a 1.58 but best I could get with ET Streets was 1.70....

--------------------
1995 OutlawZ28
Old motor-355 ci LT1 10.40@131
New motor-CSM Race Engines solid roller 383 LT1....
Cali's fastest LT1-period....

Posts: 486 | From: Fairfizzle, CA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Definetly not with drag radials.

I assumed a slick here

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

12/8/77-5/17/03

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd say a low 11 on the bottle with drag radials, that is IF your axles don't snap first!

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff S:
I'd say a low 11 on the bottle with drag radials, that is IF your axles don't snap first!

jeff, whats next for the L. Are you bringing the tuner out here? I met you at the track with Steve when Nate drove Steve's L. My name was Chuck

Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com