Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » *MOVIE* Clips from Sac Raceway 1/12/02

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: *MOVIE* Clips from Sac Raceway 1/12/02
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys, I've put up some movie clips from Sacramento Raceway on 1/12/02 here:

http://www.californiafords.com/mpg/01_12_02/

Some notible clips:

F8LPONY running mid 12's in his TA!

Silver notch doing a burnout.

WIKD281's 11.4@127mph pass.

WIKD281 all over the track, then the motor lets go.

A bunch more clips in the link above.

-Sawson

Mipaz
Old School
Member # 386

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mipaz  Ford pictures for Mipaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh shti that is what i wanted to see

--------------------
Wheels on the Vette go round and round.

Posts: 1700 | From: Over There | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POONSTANG  Ford pictures for POONSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Hey guys, I've put up some movie clips from Sacramento Raceway on 1/12/02 here:

http://www.californiafords.com/mpg/01_12_02/

Some notible clips:

F8LPONY running mid 12's in his TA!

Silver notch doing a burnout.

WIKD281's 11.4@127mph pass.

WIKD281 all over the track, then the motor lets go.

A bunch more clips in the link above.

-Sawson

ouch wikd281....sorry about the bad luck on that one..but damn good run before...

--------------------
98 Chrome Yellow Cobra === Sold
2004 Silver WRX Wagon ==== Modded
1967 Black/Green Mustang Coupe
*being resto-modded as we speak*

Posts: 933 | From: Lawrenceville, Ga | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the sympathy! I am feeling the price tag right now! No dinner for a month!LOL
Good videos eh? I am trying to download the KABOOM shot on my computer at work and its going hella slow! Dial up suuuuucks.
Late.

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thx for the video, and for consistantly being there with cameras to get pics and clips of everyones rides. If you ever need a hand gettin your car out there or help while runnin at the track lemme know bro... I think everyone will agree, Sawson rocks!

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good stuff. that 11.4 pass seemed pretty stable until the car did a little jiggy-dance past the 1/8 marker or so. Good run!

I almost dropped a tear when the oil and smoke went everywhere.

That TA launched pretty well too. Is the mph low for those mods? I dunno. good et vs. mph though.

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Actually all I have on the T/A right now is:

3.73 gears
4400 stall converter
Long Tubes
Air lid
exhaust
all the free mods
ported MAF
30lb injectors (running real rich without the MAFT)

The heads/cam, NOS, pulley, bigger MAF, LS6 intake etc. have not been installed yet. They are just laying around.

I was on DR's that day so my 60's sucked (for such a big stall) so my ET was about 2-3 tenths slower than it should have been if I had sticky tires. I should be running low low 1.6 or high 1.5 60's with this set-up, that would bring my ET into the 12.20-12.30 range.....

Once the other parts go on without nitrous I should be in the 11.40's then I'll start sprayin'

Thx for the props though, that 60' was a 1.70. The rest of the day I was stuck with high 1.8's, hence my series of 12.70's.

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

90GT
¯
Member # 3

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 90GT  Ford pictures for 90GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
st5150,

Thanks for the clips.

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Guys> take close look at how the car sways back and forth near the end of the track....
Damn that was SCARY!
Gotta figure out a way of making that better.
I got some ideas for when its running again, just gotta have a running car to try them out!
Later.

--------------------

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Hey Harold, does TRZ or Wolfecraft make a sway bar for the new Stangs? That would help stabilize you during launch and the big end.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LPONY:
If you ever need a hand gettin your car out there or help while runnin at the track lemme know bro... I think everyone will agree, Sawson rocks!

Interesting play on words... Thanks for the offer, but I probably won't be out to the track for a looong time. Maybe this summer, but if I take summer school classes, I doubt I'll have any free car time. Even if I had the time, I just spent the money I had saved up for GT40-P heads on this bad boy:

So yeah, I guess I really do rock now

90GT- I figured you didn't have enough clips of your car online

WIKD 281- Wider slicks will let you run more air pressure (more stable), yet have comprable traction as a smaller tire with less air pressure.

I also have to give credit to 9COBRA8 for taping some of those passes for me.

-Sawson

imbroken
¯
Member # 165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for imbroken  Ford pictures for imbroken    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sawson, jackson? Charvelle? I really can't tell looks like a Jackson Soloist... bitchen guitar...

--------------------
I love you Amber! =)

Posts: 1772 | From: Anaheim Hills, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
imbroken
¯
Member # 165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for imbroken  Ford pictures for imbroken    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
now all you need is a mesa boogie half stack and some EMG 80/60 pickups in that baby.. then you'll be shreddin away... but I probably got away from myself...

what type of music do you play?

--------------------
I love you Amber! =)

Posts: 1772 | From: Anaheim Hills, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
imbroken- I'm just learning and have no clue what you said Its a lefty yamaha, 80's rock style. I'd like to play everything since I listen to everything. So far I know Deep Purple- Smoke on the water, Ben E. King - Stand by Me and Roy Orbison - Pretty Woman.
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wish I could have seen that 11.40 pass, that would have been sweet.

--------------------
The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Blu50Stang
CAFords OG
Member # 489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blu50Stang  Ford pictures for Blu50Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who was that silver notch? Was that a Bounty Hunter Stang?

--------------------
Ross
'88 GT - 5.0&SF 4/04 | MM&FF 8/09 | MM&FF 79-93 Mustang Performance Cover 12/12
'17 GT350R

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Yup! Bounty hunter stang.

--------------------

Blu50Stang
CAFords OG
Member # 489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blu50Stang  Ford pictures for Blu50Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Heard they had a 9 second Stang or two in the works a while back...with work that thing looks like it's there. Gotta go talk to one of my buddies and find out who's that was.

--------------------
Ross
'88 GT - 5.0&SF 4/04 | MM&FF 8/09 | MM&FF 79-93 Mustang Performance Cover 12/12
'17 GT350R

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blu50Stang:
Heard they had a 9 second Stang or two in the works a while back...with work that thing looks like it's there. Gotta go talk to one of my buddies and find out who's that was.

I'm not even sure they're a "club" anymore. I believe the guys name is Manny. I remember seeing that notch at the track it was in the 12's 3-4 years ago. My my how have times changed. That car will run 8's no problem. See the chute?

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com