Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » What will my combo hit in the 1/4 mile?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What will my combo hit in the 1/4 mile?
Richard95stang
¯
Member # 91

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Richard95stang  Ford pictures for Richard95stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What times will my mods in the signature be good for in the 1/4 mile. I'm looking for guesses on times and mph please.
Thanks in advance Richard

Posts: 1496 | From: san jose, ca. usa | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Those heads are holding your combo back. Since its a heavy vert, I think you'll dyno around 260 rwhp, and run 103mph traps and mid to upper 13's on street tires.
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think a low 13 shouldn't be out of the question with some good driving. My car weighs 3550lbs and I only trap about 100 mph. But first time out, I'd say Sawson is right on the money.

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Richard95stang
¯
Member # 91

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard95stang  Ford pictures for Richard95stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All I want is 300rwhp and mid 13's or better. Will a set of drag radials help get me into consistant mid 13's???
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by richard95stang:
All I want is 300rwhp and mid 13's or better. Will a set of drag radials help get me into consistant mid 13's???

Windsor jr heads and an E cam won't get you 300 RWHP with a 302. The combo you listed will make about 300 flywheel HP. Yeah, drag radials will get you into the mid 13's with no problem.

MRBiggs
¯
Member # 513

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MRBiggs  Ford pictures for MRBiggs  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I take it those heads are straight out of the box.... Did you have any P/P done on them ?
If you decide to get another set of heads let me know. I may be interested in taking those off your hands.

--------------------
342 stroker, Windsor Sr. heads, Jay cam, TFS track heat

www.socalhorsepower.com

Posts: 300 | From: San Dimas, So. Cali GO LAKERS !! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Wild Donkey
¯
Member # 662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wild Donkey  Ford pictures for Wild Donkey    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Richard95stang

Why don't you put an 80 shot of NOS. That shouldn't hurt your motor at all and hit a high 12. Think about it.

Posts: 120 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well with your granny shifting I think your goin to pull low 15's LOL

just rich I think you goin to pull low 14's with them shitty tires you have

you might run a couple of high 13's once you get the hang of it
with some bf drags low 13's
and if you get some slicks 13 flat and who nows maybe a high 12's

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Wild Donkey
¯
Member # 662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wild Donkey  Ford pictures for Wild Donkey    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
99gt-UJSTLST

Did you guys end up racing last nite?

Richard95stang
¯
Member # 91

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard95stang  Ford pictures for Richard95stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I might go w/ 80 shot of nos but I wanna see how my combo does out on the streets first.
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wild Donkey:
99gt-UJSTLST

Did you guys end up racing last nite?

yea i raced the white trans am from SPEED INC.

I beat him by like 2-3 car lengths

he was right with me in 1st gear I hadtracktion problem all the way till half way in 2nd gear but once my car hooked up I just pulled on him

I was running my car on regular mode stage 1 on my chip I was goin to run it on race mode but i thought it would of been even worse with tracktion so just ran him in stage one
I think in on stage 3 i would of pulled hardee but like i said my tires are shit right now and it would of just spun the tire all the way till like half way to 3rd

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Wild Donkey
¯
Member # 662

Your f*cken fast. Nice to hear you put them in your place after they talked all that $h!t.
Richard95stang
¯
Member # 91

Yeah he ran his car against a trans am. The year not known but he had some gauges...nos? boost? who knows? Pretty fast though but not fast enough cause the trans am got spanked by 2-3 car lengths easily. I saw I was there in the flesh, I saw it live!
Wild Donkey
¯
Member # 662

quote:
Yeah he ran his car against a trans am. The year not known but he had some gauges...nos? boost? who knows? Pretty fast though but not fast enough cause the trans am got spanked by 2-3 car lengths easily. I saw I was there in the flesh, I saw it live!

And you guys didn't call me.
Thanx alot fellow SBS members.

Richard95stang
¯
Member # 91

quote:
Originally posted by Wild Donkey:

And you guys didn't call me.
Thanx alot fellow SBS members.

I told javier at our meeting to pick me up if he was gonna run, I got picked up at almost 11:30pm last night! Last minute thing. He called me when he was on the way to pick me up I was like let's do this

Wild Donkey
¯
Member # 662

Did you guys video tape.
Hey Richardhow about an 80 shot for your combo?

Richard95stang
¯
Member # 91

We will see on that 80 shot...First I wanna race that red lt1 ss again on all motor. I barely lost when I raced it, and that's cause my car was pinging like crazy. Plus my car had exhaist leaks, etc.It should be much faster when I get it back.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com