Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » What time will I hit with this combo

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What time will I hit with this combo
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
91 lx 347 stroker with an s-trim at 10psi
5 speed 36lb injectors all the msd bullshit, going to run on 26 by 10.5 slicks 3.73 gears edelbrock perfromer heads ported and polished crower cam and a bunch of other things hopeing to go somewhere in the 11's let me know what you think I probably missed a bunch of shit also what do you think it will dyno at?
Thanks everyone Albert

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
depending on driver and vehicle weight, 10's if you up the boost a bit.

I bet youll see quite a few 12s before you get everything squared away though, unless you're a pro at this stuff.

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Those heads, even ported are too small for your a 302, let alone a boosted 347. It should make around 430+ RWHP and run well into the 12's/high 11's.
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
guy on the corral named Glenn runs high 11's NA in his stock bottom ended 302 at 3100 lbs raceweight. Box stock heads too.

so yeah, his S-trimmed 347 with those heads ported is probably only good for 11's/12's

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Only high 11's? A guy on the corral ran high 11's with ported stock heads and an off the shelf cam as well (Bob). Glenn's car is a track whore to the 10th degree.

We're talking about real life local cars here.... I stick to my orignal claims and will be accepting side bets at the track

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
but when are are supercharging an engine flow is important but not as important as if it was a all motor car. I know the heads aren't the best but the supercharger should make up for the bad heads in my view. I just want this thing to go into the 11's it should if it hooks up

--------------------

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Actually you got it backwards. A supercharger is "air velocity in a box". On a boosted car, you can run larger heads with larger ports that would normally kill velocity on a NA motor.

I also placed my 430+ rwhp estimate based on the injectors, but I don't know the full details of the fuel system.

I agree, with traction it'll run 11's. It will make the HP it needs to, and will have excellent throttle response on the street.

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

quote:
Originally posted by st5150:

I stick to my orignal claims and will be accepting side bets at the track

I'm down for 12's for the first couple passes. After that, it's up to the driver

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The fuel system are as follows aero fuel rails t-rex pump 190 intank pump and for the electronics it goes pro-m77 power pipe it will have a custom chip when running by bryon. The combo is going to have the 2.95 pulley on the s-trim hopeing for 10+ pounds of boost! I mean I know the intake and heads aren't all that but I already had them and spent all my money building a bulletproof bottom!

--------------------

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
st5150,

How are Eldelbrock heads, even ported, too small for a 302?

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have heard that the edelbrock heads are garbage but the will flow near the trick flow with maybe at the most 20cfm less they are better than a stock head.

--------------------

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Albert1,

They're definetly not garbage, they're just not the best. I've seen a NA 347 run 10's with a ported set of RPM's.

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
66fastback
¯
Member # 657

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66fastback  Ford pictures for 66fastback  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You should easily hit the 11's if you know how to drive. I had a 93 lx stock short block with the same heads and a cobra intake an A trim and ran 11.7 @ 119, on cheaters with stock suspension.

--------------------
http://www.mustangdoctor.com

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Albert1- That 2.95 pulley should easily get you your boost levels. I think if anything is going to limit you on the dyno, its going to be your fuel system. What kind of FMU are you running?

Jeff S- 6037's flow, what.... 210 cfm on the indea out of the box going from memory? I forget their port volume, but its not small enough to make the 210 "impressive" if I remember right. I think they have a similar port volume as AFR's, but flow nearly 40 cfm less. Whats the most you've seen 6037/6039 heads flow? I think 275 or so is the maxed I've seen/heard a set of those heads flowing. I know back in the days, 5.O guys options where more limited, but now if you want a 275 cfm head, you can port some TW's a bit or get some AFR 185's. Doesn't make sense to buy some "little" heads and spend $800 on port work them anymore. I think I know which NA 347 you're talking about.... isn't that a high compression, race gas, solid roller, carburated car? Just goes to show that increased head flow is only the 'potential' to make power.

I know there are exceptions to every rule, but I'm just talkinga bout the "average" 5.O here.

Just my two cents....

-Sawson

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

I am running a stock fmu with a 4 to one cal in it. The only thing left stock in the fuel system is the lines from the tank to the engine and the pickup in the tank. as for my suspension it has steeda aluminum upper and lower control arms. 50-50 drag stocks and 70-30 front struts. It has sub frame connector and a strut tower brace also caster camber plates as well. I think the fuel system that is on it right now should support about 500 the rails are aeromotive so we will see thanks everyone
Albert

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com