Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Recap of T&T today- Cured Bog!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Recap of T&T today- Cured Bog!!!
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ALLRIIIGHT!!! Found the problem w/ my ugly bogs- Pilot error! As I am sure most people suspected it was due to my right foot moving slower than my left at launch. Once I paid better attention to my clutch release and throttle routine I was amazed at the result (shouldn't have been- seen enough other 5.0's do it). How does a 1.89!!! 60ft sound? Felt awesome from inside the car. Of course I had to screw the 3-4 shift to ruin my best run ever...
But I did at least better the ET and mph-
Tires worked best at 19psi.

New best run-

60ft.-2.074
I2- 5.844
I3- 8.981
MPH-79.134
I4- 11.662
Et- 13.939
MPH-99.999!!! (soooo close)

Best 60 ft run-

60ft-1.893!!!
I2- 000
I3- 79.934!!!
I4- 11.532!!!
ET-14.40 (booo!)
MPH- 74.764

This could have been a 13.80 run at 100.8mph!
Still running stock fan and exh. except for shorty headers. Now I know what I need to do- just got to practice! Thanks for all the help.
Jim L.

[ November 10, 2001: Message edited by: FasterDamnit ]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not bad at all. I'm sure adjusting the clutch to grab higher also helped the bog issue out a bit.

That 11.532 would have been a 13.8 for sure! Here is what my 11.537 got last time:

990 foot:

ET:

MPH:

So how was the air, track prep, turn out and so forth?

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very light turn out, maybe 15 trailered race cars/dragsters so really good track prep, - doubt my tires would have stuck so well at 19 psi. About 50 cars total. Corrected alt was about 1100 ft- quite humid, mid 70's. Brian came out w/ his new rear/tranny combo-
I'll let him post his results

Jim L.

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
Brian came out w/ his new rear/tranny combo-
I'll let him post his results

Jim L.

Come on... he's taking too long to post... just between us... was his ET less than the square root of 144.0?

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
More like less than the cube root of 2197...

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
More like less than the cube root of 2197...

JL

No worries, I'm sure he'll run less than the cube root of 1728.

Was his 60 ft around half pi?

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

He is going to have to take a lot of weight out of that car to go that quick. Which is his plan...

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
12.81 @ 107
Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Jim- what RPM did you leave at for that 1.89? Was it another bog&go?

Brian-how did the 60 fts look? What RPM where you leaving at?

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

4500rpm- tiny bit of spin- just a chirp...

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
99.999 ? wow. what a trip.

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:

Brian-how did the 60 fts look? What RPM where you leaving at?

My best 60 ft was only a 1.81 leaving at about 4000 rpm and bogging. When I tried to leave any higher than that, the clutch would slip due to a f*cked up clutch cable.
I was having to adjust the clutch after EVERY run

Brian

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Which cable and clutch do you have? The black plastic wrap around my steeda cable is starting to come off due to heat around the area where it connects to the bellhousings.
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

The cable is a Steeda adjustable that is stretching when engaged
It has actually streched so much, that I had to move the end of the cable from the first hook to the second on my Steeda quadrant !!!
The clutch is a McLeod disc w/FFRP HD pressure plate

Brian

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Yup. 99.999mph- not an official 100mph run according to the time slip... I am soo distraught.

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com