Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Sac Grudge night $35 for 4 runs

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Sac Grudge night $35 for 4 runs
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 11 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was lucky I got 4 runs, some people only got 2, what a waste of money. Track prep was good though. I cut a 2.15(my best) on stock goodyears but only ran a 14.3. Sadly that was the fastest run for me. I had 3 14.3+ and the last run was a 2.3 60ft. @ 14.59 I bogged big time. Oh well I'll try again in Oct.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Was it *that* crowded? I was surprised how crowded it was on the 8th. Usually when they have two grudge nights in the same month, the last one is more 'dead'.
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup it was that crowded.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We should conspire a mis-information campaign to the masses so we can have Sac to ourselves like last year. How about this.... No grudge nights in october! They're cancled
SimonSez
¯
Member # 418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SimonSez  Ford pictures for SimonSez    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man, am i glad I saved $35. Actually my wife spent it so, oh well.

--------------------
[img]http://home.attbi.com/~sjnewell/SimonSez1.gif[/img]

MODS
Modified Air Silencer, K&N, o/r h-pipe, magnaflows, BBK underdrive pulleys, CDC Lightbar.

Posts: 79 | From: Manteca, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
roseville5oh
¯
Member # 406

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for roseville5oh  Ford pictures for roseville5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
honestly, I didn't think it was that great. I'm glad I didn't run my car either. I got a few good runs on tape. There weren't very many mustangs there. Oh well.

--------------------
'91 blue/gray GT -SOLD :(
'03 DRZ-400S
'76 GMC Truck - building
'92 Chevy k2500 454

Elapid
GOROBGO
Member # 50

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elapid  Ford pictures for Elapid  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well, even though it was pricy, i am sure glad i got to make it down! I hadn't been to sac in over a year, so it was damn sure time!

it was really cool meeting some of you guys, and cooler to get a decent timeslip in my new ride...

I think i need some nittos, and i'll be good to go!

l8!

--------------------
98 Cobra
83 Notch rolling chassis - fs

Posts: 1797 | From: Grass Valley, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was a total clusterfuck.
A Corvette club showed up with 44 cars, There were about 12-15 mustangs, a few LS1's and a bunch of other cars.
At one point in was so bad, that the staging lane line was backed up into the OTHER parking area on the backside of the circle track !!!!!!!!!!
The only good part of the night for me was that I tied my best time with a WORSE 60ft !!! My previous best was a 12.67 w/1.83 60ft
Tonight, I ran a 12.67 w/1.92 !! I just know that there is a 12.50 in this car, I just need to find it

I am thinking that Friday night test and tune is a better time to go to the track

Later
Brian

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
11.662 @ 116.65 1.57 60ft. N/A
10.227 @ 134.59 1.41 60ft 200 shot 3600lbs
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah ill have to say ive never seen the line that long before........and The Brain i saw your first run......good shit man......that 331 runs good.........very weak ls1 showing.......i was dissapointed to say the least.......

hey gabriel how come you didnt seem that happy to see jared, rory and the rest of us.......we said "wassup" man........

Jay
1997 Z28 *rip*
LS1 sooner now

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Because you guys suck! LOL j/p

--------------------
01' GMC ExtCab Z71
Old time = 12.33@110mph 1.85 60' New combo in progress.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i didn't see rory all night..no he didn't come up and say what's up.i was looking for him .but there was one loud mouth idiot what was making stupid comments.. what a joke.. do you guys always bring that mustang groupie everywhere with you? im guessing he doesn't even have a car right ? why did he think last night was some "LETS PROVE 98COBRA.COM HAS THE FASTEST CARS AROUND NIGHT"? you really should keep that guy quite because he makes you guys look stupid...we were all just out there to have fun , thats it..
hey it was great meeting everyone out there and putting a name to all the faces from this message forum.i'll be out there on the 20th of next month so i hope everyone will make it back out...

Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
Mipaz
Old School
Member # 386

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mipaz  Ford pictures for Mipaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by youl luz:
i didn't see rory all night..no he didn't come up and say what's up.i was looking for him .but there was one loud mouth idiot what was making stupid comments.. what a joke.. do you guys always bring that mustang groupie everywhere with you? im guessing he doesn't even have a car right ? why did he think last night was some "LETS PROVE 98COBRA.COM HAS THE FASTEST CARS AROUND NIGHT"? you really should keep that guy quite because he makes you guys look stupid...we were all just out there to have fun , thats it..
hey it was great meeting everyone out there and putting a name to all the faces from this message forum.i'll be out there on the 20th of next month so i hope everyone will make it back out...

aww dont trip bro that was just stupid Jared. that little foo just talks shit all the time even to me but i always see him walking hahah. he cool though when he is not talking shit.

it was a sorry ass night for racing lotta stangs though sad on the ls1 turnout. looks like the 20th will be D-DAY i will have my shit back and ready to bang some 11's.

--------------------
Wheels on the Vette go round and round.

Posts: 1700 | From: Over There | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
Bullitt208
¯
Member # 441

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt208  Ford pictures for Bullitt208    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I made it out last night and met Bunchmyfunky, The Brain, and fasterdamnit. It was really crowded. I managed three runs and I am way too embarassed to post any of my times. Lets just put it thi way...somehow I managed to choose the losing lane all night!

Brian what happpended to you after your 2nd run? Did you run any more?

Wicked SS was out there with a buddy of his in fox body running 12 flat....not bad. I didn't get either of their names, but Wicked SS was having troubles with his Nitrous all night.

I wish I could have met more people. I'll be there on the 20th so maybe then.

Did anybody have a good night? Someone was saying that with the low pressure and high humidity times were off by about 2 tenths.

Eric

Posts: 297 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
jayl
¯
Member # 185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jayl  Ford pictures for jayl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah that was jared..........and rory was sitting one row over from him.......what was the fastest car you guys had there that day? just curious........we hit up some runz in frisco last night after the track........and yeah russels (wikkd SS) nitrous was all out of wack......but thats how it goes sometimes........anyway.....see you at the track next time

Jay
1997 Z28 *rip*
LS1 sooner now

--------------------
Facebook.com/TeamTemporary
8.5's TTFBitch!

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Bullitt208:

Brian what happpended to you after your 2nd run? Did you run any more?

I ran two more times. I had a race with a slow ass mid 80's Vette, He ran a 14.18 @ 100.1 to my 12.67 @ 109.0
Which tied my best ET but was about .7 mph slower than my best mph

My last run was a solo 12.83 @ 109.0 w/2.05 60ft Tried to just drop the clutch instead of slipping it out and spun first gear BAD

Time for some real tires and more transmissions !!! LOL

Brian

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Norcalbmxer
¯
Member # 235

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norcalbmxer  Ford pictures for Norcalbmxer    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Got my 2 f-ing runs....1st one was just playing around, cuz they forced me to go right after tech, and my second one i F-ed up BAD... so...basically i was pissed..

--------------------
T-tops suck!
Coming Soon - "The baddest BITCH on 4 wheels!!!"
WTB 95+ Gt spindles/Brakes,
"Smoke' Em"

Posts: 952 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :
1SLOW5.8
¯
Member # 383

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for 1SLOW5.8  Ford pictures for 1SLOW5.8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that night was packed. only got two runs in with my buddies midnight blue 89lx. and my friend in his 89 GT only got two runs in as well. what a bunch of money/time. later

--------------------
how fast can it be?

JSHTROD
¯
Member # 299

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JSHTROD  Ford pictures for JSHTROD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm with you boys...

WAAAY too crowded. Also, didn't run nearly as strong as I had hoped. 14.4 at 100 with a 2.4 60' is all I could muster... Oh well..

Does it get better later in the year?

Yeah, Gabriel... Nice meetin ya.

--------------------
03 Silver Cobra: UPR CAI, Full Bassani Exhaust

Posts: 137 | From: Dublin, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com