Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » timeslips

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: timeslips
POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for POONSTANG  Ford pictures for POONSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well the off road h-pipe dropped me down to a 14.4 at 99mph down from a 14.9 bone stock on a 98 cobra
Posts: 933 | From: Lawrenceville, Ga | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i really hope you ment to say 13.4.. can you tell me what your 60-foot times are? also what rpm do you shift at ? is your check engine light on from the off road pipe? the removal of the cats will make your computer thinks somthing is wrong and it will pull timing ..did you get MIL elminators for it ?

------------------
gabriel....
98 cobra convertible
501RWHP,12#s,pump gas,stock long block..NOW broken
11.9s @121mph on nittos..<==at 462rwhp
COMING SOON..600+RWHP
for 98COBRA.COM stickers E-mail me..

Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for POONSTANG  Ford pictures for POONSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well the bad news is the time was a 14.487 at 99.12 mph..Yes my check engine light is on and I do have the MIL eliminators on order for it...here is the time slip info..keep in mind this is only the 7th time I've even raced this car sooo pls go easy on me

R/T---1.191
60'---2.198
330'--6.211
1/8---9.427
mph---76.01
1000'-12.197
1/4---14.487
mph---99.12

This is leaving at 1800 to 2000 rpm (feathering the cluth not to spin cause im running on street tires with 30 lbs of pressure on the rear) and shifting between 6400 and 6600 rpm...Got any ideas?? Help me Gabe!!...I'm giving her all she's got Captain!!

POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POONSTANG  Ford pictures for POONSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It also took 4 days before the check engine light to even come on....any ideas on that??

------------------
98 Cobra
K&N
2 Chamber Flows
Offroad H-pipe

youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HHAHAHA... OK I'll try to help..
1st off when your at the track reset your computer by UN hooking your battery for a few minutes.. That will get your performance back up to normal until the light comes back on again.. this happened to 9COBRA8's car when we were at the track and we lost 3.5mph in 1 run..as for your 60-foots.. there not horrible considering you only have 7 runs under your belt. I have runs a best of 2.0003 on stock BFG rubber..now on drag radials you can do 1.8s or so ..now shifting.. SHIFT AT 7000RPM!!! i cant stress that enough!! Powershift at around 6900rpm on the tach and get a good shifter like the B&M ripper.. now take her back to the track in a few weeks and tell us what she really runs !!!

------------------
gabriel....
98 cobra convertible
COMING SOON..600+RWHP

POONSTANG
¯
Member # 79

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for POONSTANG  Ford pictures for POONSTANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've got the Pro 5.0 but it seems like second and third are a little hard to get into sometimes...could I have not adjusted it correctly?? 7000 rpm...?? Going 1st to 2nd doin that should result in a full-tilt-boogie...Am I at a good rpm on the launch?? how about my tire pressure( does it matter that much on street tires??) I was so happy to get that 14.4 I nearly pissed on myself.. Guess it only gets better from now on out!!

------------------
98 Cobra
K&N Air Filter
2 Chamber Flows
Mac Offroad H-pipe
Pro 5.0 Shifter

Best 1/4--14.487 @ 99.12mph w/ 2.198 60'

youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well your launch technique seem to be ok .. alot of people dont like to drop the tire pressure on regular street tires but i do .. try 22-25#s..keep in mind also that my stock cobra convertible ran a 13.8 @101mph stock so your car should be a bunch quicker then a 14.4..let us know how it goes your next time at the track ...

------------------
gabriel....
98 cobra convertible
COMING SOON..600+RWHP

F8LPONY
NORCAL-LS1
Member # 11

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F8LPONY  Ford pictures for F8LPONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup, alot of regualr street tires hook fairly well at 28-25psi, I used to get 1.8 60's pretty regular on my stock tires on my T/A, on the other hand with some it doesnt seem to make a difference. I would do like Gabe says and also throw on a set of drag radials or better and bring up your launch rpm if you do and 13's should be a piece of cake.

------------------
87 GT, Keith Craft 351, Vortech S-Trim@ 14lbs., Edlebrock Vic Jr heads, Art Carr AOD, 47lb injectors, JMS chip.

2000 T/A NBM, A4, 3.73's,Yank3000 converter, Whisper Lid, WhisperMAF Ends, FLP longtubes, Ported TB. 12.50@109.9RaceWeight 3800lbs Dyno before headers&ported TB 319rwhp-387rwtq
New mods: Yank pro-tranny, 3800 stall TC, and 125shot.

Posts: 1292 | From: Sacramento, CA. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
delete

[This message has been edited by stocker (edited 08-02-2001).]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com