Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Fox prices

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fox prices
Luxms
¯
Member # 14477

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luxms  Ford pictures for Luxms    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just curious if with all the high prices on foxes lately are people really getting even close to what they are asking? If so it might be time for some of mine to go.

--------------------
1993 cobra teal
1986 saleen
1986 t-top

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They have been going up but a lot of people are ridiculous with their prices. I'm holding onto mine because I see more and more turn into buckets rather than buckets turning into something nice. But if someone wants to trade a 58-64 rag Impala in decent shape I'm with it.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've seen them drop. People are wanting the s550 platform a lot now.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

Luxms
¯
Member # 14477

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luxms  Ford pictures for Luxms    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just trying to figure out if the 4k car listed for 8k is selling for that much or if they are taking 4k for them. Just because they are all listed high doesn't mean they are selling for those prices.

--------------------
1993 cobra teal
1986 saleen
1986 t-top

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Some people are on straight up crack with their prices. Primered pieces of junk with $3-5k asking prices. LOL

If you want a decent foxbody for a realistic price, you need to look out of state.

[ 2017-08-13, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: Robb ]

Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luxms:
Just trying to figure out if the 4k car listed for 8k is selling for that much or if they are taking 4k for them. Just because they are all listed high doesn't mean they are selling for those prices.

It really depends. I've watched this market closely for the past decade and I think I have a good feel for true market value, however true worth is generally subjective and that's when other factors come into play. We're seeing lower mileage stock coupes in near mint condition go on average 15-25k. Strangely, the market for the average 5k fox is still relatively the same as it has been and there are plenty available. It's the market for mid-mileage/high quality/unique builds (i.e. mod swaps), especially coupes, which is really thriving.

In regard to your question, it's hard to say where the car falls on the spectrum without knowing more details. If it's a 4k fox but he believes it's worth 8, and he's in no rush to sell, it will of course be more challenging to negotiate. That being said, many people still list 3-5k over their minimum price just to see if anyone bites, so you really just have to have a discussion and be prepared to lay down a cash offer for what you feel it's worth, and maybe it's a match. I've seen impatient sellers with top quality builds lose a lot of money because they weren't willing to hold out when the market was down or because they needed cash asap due to financial hardship. Each situation is unique.

Brokn Nx
¯
Member # 8526

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brokn Nx  Ford pictures for Brokn Nx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You don't even see people driving them anymore. How many do you see in a daily commute to work? I could go on a 500 mile road trip and not see a single one.

I know the good stuff is bringing collector car money now. Super clean notches are nearly what the acceptable 65-70 fastback or similar 67-69 camaro bring. I'm not talking 428 powered stuff, or mint SS396 machines.

The fox deals are gone. The word has been out for a while now, and sellers price cars accordingly.

Whats up with the 86 Saleen in your sig.....

Posts: 333 | From: Santa Maria, CA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Brokn Nx:
You don't even see people driving them anymore. How many do you see in a daily commute to work? I could go on a 500 mile road trip and not see a single one.

I know the good stuff is bringing collector car money now. Super clean notches are nearly what the acceptable 65-70 fastback or similar 67-69 camaro bring. I'm not talking 428 powered stuff, or mint SS396 machines.

The fox deals are gone. The word has been out for a while now, and sellers price cars accordingly.

Wait till the economy slows down next year......
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

I don't know where your route is to work but I see at least 4 foxes a day here, not including mine. Some people are really still about that fox life others moved on to coyote's. I'm actually looking for a relatively stock clean coupe so I can go back to daily driving a fox again.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not a whole lot in DC where im at. 2 fox owners that live near me, thats it. Hardly see any other ones on the freeways or streets in my area. They are disappearing slowly it seems.

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:

I don't know where your route is to work but I see at least 4 foxes a day here, not including mine. Some people are really still about that fox life others moved on to coyote's. I'm actually looking for a relatively stock clean coupe so I can go back to daily driving a fox again.
In Redwood City your always gonna see fox body's. Being up nor in the peninsula I see more than a couple a day
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
Originally posted by 87droptop50:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:

In Redwood City your always gonna see fox body's. Being up nor in the peninsula I see more than a couple a day
I think I only seen yours in person twice but that was before the makeover with the wheels/brakes and top. Shit sounds good.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Completely agree. When I do come across one on the peninsula, it usually doesn't warrant a second look, which is unfortunate. Either the quality cars are seeing major garage time, or the vast majority of what's left is just mediocre. The difference seems night and day from how it was 15 years ago. I think it's safe to assume it has something to do with these cars entering collector status.

[ 2017-08-17, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: PeNiNsula302 ]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com