Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Buying a vehicle from out of state

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Buying a vehicle from out of state
cpthowdy
¯
Member # 10055

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cpthowdy  Ford pictures for cpthowdy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm looking into buying a vehicle from out of state and looking for some tips and transporting company to bring it down from North Carolina to California .
I'm curious on what the best way is to go about this dealing with a vehicle and my money. Due to work, me flying out there is a no, so transporting will work best for me. Any advice will be greatly appreciated , thanks fellas

--------------------
*04 cobra,TT,magnum,sra,E85
*08 zo6 h/c/i
*03 cobra, whipple *sold*
*02 GT, stroker, blown, cammed *sold*

cpthowdy
¯
Member # 10055

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cpthowdy  Ford pictures for cpthowdy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bump
anybody purchase out of state before?

--------------------
*08 zo6 h/c/i

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes I bought a cbr1000rr in Indiana a couple years back. I used uship before and the company I picked worked out fine. You pay the website or on delivery but the companies have to be licensed and insured.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

cpthowdy
¯
Member # 10055

quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
Yes I bought a cbr1000rr in Indiana a couple years back. I used uship before and the company I picked worked out fine. You pay the website or on delivery but the companies have to be licensed and insured.

How do you go about with transferring money from one hand to another and the slip for the vehicle ?

--------------------
*08 zo6 h/c/i

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Paypal

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

19mystic96
¯
Member # 7553

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 19mystic96  Ford pictures for 19mystic96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I started to use a shipping company called Auto Transport 123.. they screwed me, leaving my vehicle in Texas to sit until I found a new carrier to get my truck safely to CA.. They promised me it would picked up the day I flew in to buy it, but when I called to check in, they claimed they wouldn't have a guy there until 5 days later. I ended up arguing with them until I gave up and called another company named, Webster Relocation. Great people to deal with. Great communication, fast delivery, and fair price.

--------------------
1996 Mystic cobra #32

cpthowdy
¯
Member # 10055

quote:
Originally posted by 19mystic96:
I started to use a shipping company called Auto Transport 123.. they screwed me, leaving my vehicle in Texas to sit until I found a new carrier to get my truck safely to CA.. They promised me it would picked up the day I flew in to buy it, but when I called to check in, they claimed they wouldn't have a guy there until 5 days later. I ended up arguing with them until I gave up and called another company named, Webster Relocation. Great people to deal with. Great communication, fast delivery, and fair price.

That sucks. Did you purchase or shipped a vehicle you already owned?
I never purchased a vehicle out of state so I'm not sure how to handle the money transaction and bill of sale transaction . Any advice ?

[ 2016-09-27, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: cpthowdy ]

--------------------
*08 zo6 h/c/i

Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raiderjoey  Ford pictures for Raiderjoey  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Uship is what I used. I have it shipped in a train container. it was the only car inside the container and it took about 8 days to arrive. I was satisfied.

--------------------
Instagram: Raiderjoey
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang
www.soundcloud.com/raiderjoey

Posts: 1001803 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cpthowdy:
quote:
Originally posted by 19mystic96:

That sucks. Did you purchase or shipped a vehicle you already owned?
I never purchased a vehicle out of state so I'm not sure how to handle the money transaction and bill of sale transaction . Any advice ?

It depends on the level of trust. When I bought a car in Texas (ca. 2004) I provided a small deposit to the buyer WITHOUT transferring the title. I arranged for shipping and once the car arrived I wired the remaining balance at which point I received the title in the mail (next day shipping). I also sold a car to a buyer in Canada two years ago. We exchanged identifying information (copy of title, copy of drivers license, signed purchase agreements) and he provided me with a 50% deposit. Once he arrived in person he gave me the remaining balance and I handed over the title. How has your interaction been with the seller? Look up flight specials, it may be worth the cost to just fly out and handle the transaction in person and you can arrange shipping pick up ahead of time.

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

Mr.10psi
¯
Member # 11062

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.10psi  Ford pictures for Mr.10psi  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get as much information from them as possible. Do a wire a transfer. Have them put the car up on ebay as ebay has a 50k insurance policy to ensure the vehicle shows up to your location. Have them send you the vehicle title via certified mail.

--------------------
02 white saleen(sold) 347 stroker in the works

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com