Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What would you do?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What would you do?
FiveOGirl
¯
Member # 4294

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FiveOGirl  Ford pictures for FiveOGirl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I purchased a used motor, it was shipped cross country and I received it today it spent 14 days in transit. Not sure how long it sat at the truck yard before it was picked up. Maybe a day or two. This is how it came off the truck and what it looked like when the top off the crate was removed. The pallet broke, the straps let go and motor rolled over... (The trucking company was ramming the motor with a pallet jack because the pallet was broken.) No spark plugs installed. With a scope you can see possible rust in the cylinders. You will notice the valve cover is cracked. Motor may have been also rocking back and forth on the crank. I paid with PayPal so I'm assuming id be covered. What would YOU do? See pictures. Thanks

This is what I purchased (without carb and intake)
 -
 -

The following pics are what I received.

-

-

-

-

-

Cracked valve cover
 -

-

-

-

Posts: 21 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Return that shyt ASAP!

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
FiveOGirl
¯
Member # 4294

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FiveOGirl  Ford pictures for FiveOGirl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hope PayPal backs me up
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Was it purchased from a private party? Who covered the shipping and what company shipped it?

[ 2016-09-14, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: Blue92 ]

FiveOGirl
¯
Member # 4294

Private party, purchased using PayPal goods/services. I paid for shipping, it was added to price of motor.. and it was shipped with roadrunner trucking.
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FiveOGirl:
Private party, purchased using PayPal goods/services. I paid for shipping, it was added to price of motor.. and it was shipped with roadrunner trucking.

Was it mentioned to the driver from Roadrunner upon arrival and noted? or was it discovered afterwards?
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Had the same issue with a motor. UPS subcontracted it out to another shipping company and said I shouldn't have accepted the shipment.

The ultimatelty sent an inspector out and gave me a settlement for damages.

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tell Dan you want your money back

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

FiveOGirl
¯
Member # 4294

quote:
Originally posted by Blue92:
quote:

Was it mentioned to the driver from Roadrunner upon arrival and noted? or was it discovered afterwards?
Yes the condition of the pallet was noted on the shipping tag.
FiveOGirl
¯
Member # 4294

quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
Tell Dan you want your money back

Dan?

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Built88LX
¯
Member # 10758

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Built88LX  Ford pictures for Built88LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn send it back asap
Posts: 2390 | From: $acramento | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Good. I am a truck driver and I can tell you that there are a lot of 'super truckers' out there that:
1. Can't drive for shit.
2. Give zero fucks about anyone's property.
3. Don't use common sense.

Anyone with half a noodle would have inspected that crate/pallet before it was shipped out to the customer. I hate to say it but that thing must have been moved around a lot!!! 14 days on the road is a LONG time and a lot can happen. I wish you best of luck and hope it doesn't take too long to get everything sorted out.

On a side note I have never seen those valve covers before.

[ 2016-09-14, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: SLOWBACK 67 ]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I do quite a bit of shopping and recieving for my job using about 6-8 different companies for all types of stuff. Recieving damaged material is never a go! You should be well taken care of. Even the shittiest of companies have a hard time fighting it when you made not of the condition upon arrival. Best of luck

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
MUSTTANGUY
¯
Member # 2251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MUSTTANGUY  Ford pictures for MUSTTANGUY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When I purchased my new Dart 427 from back east I used an escrow service. It gave me control over the transaction and gave me an inspection period. They held the payment until I gave the go ahead to release the funds, or if there was an issue it allowed me to ship it back and the funds would be returned back to me. It cost a couple of hundred but compared to what I have into this motor it was the best solution. I used escrow.com for the transaction.

--------------------
Tim (Musttanguy)
97 5.0 coupe
82 GT 427/T56/9"

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

quote:
quote:
quote:

You will have to submit a claim with Roadrunner and present all of these pictures. A value will be determined and they will probably try to under cut that. Sometimes it can take awhile. Good luck.
FiveOGirl
¯
Member # 4294

Thanks everyone For the replies.
FiveOGirl
¯
Member # 4294

I won the claim, except I have to ship the motor back on my dime. I looked up some prices on uShip and lowest is 470-over 1k. Is there anyway I can get this money back?

Thanks again everyone.

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

quote:
I won the claim, except I have to ship the motor back on my dime. I looked up some prices on uShip and lowest is 470-over 1k. Is there anyway I can get this money back?

Thanks again everyone.

Fuck that. Shouldn't be anywhere near that. Where are you and where is it going?
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

If I was you, considering this package has already been determined damaged is, reinforce the crate as best you can. Then, use a low cost shipping company like http://www.centraltransportint.com/

Shouldn't be anymore than like $200 or so regardless where it's going. PM me if you need more info.

[ 2016-09-24, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Blue92 ]

FiveOGirl
¯
Member # 4294

San Jose to Florida.
FiveOGirl
¯
Member # 4294

The guy got his motor back... he removed the heads he texted me pics saying I'm full of shit no rust...

he's seen all the pics I took before returning and I told him I wasn't going to take a 5k gamble.. case closed PayPal refunded me today.. now he's online trying to part the motor.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/windsor-engine-parts/2319017-418w-part-out.html

-
 -

[ 2016-10-12, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: FiveOGirl ]

Roush2960
¯
Member # 672

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roush2960  Ford pictures for Roush2960    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here come's the blast from the past.

5.0Girl.....Get another car. Like I did 2015 Mustang Vert.

./M@

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com