Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Sn95 Cobras value

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Sn95 Cobras value
89_Faleen
¯
Member # 10728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89_Faleen  Ford pictures for 89_Faleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What are they going for? There all over the place on cl. I have a convertible black 97 supercharged that I'm thinking about selling.

--------------------
1990 GT (SOLD)
1990 LX (SOLD)
1995 GT (SOLD)
1989 LX (SOLD)
1997 COBRA (RIP)
1989 FALEEN (CURRENT)

NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have seen them anywhere between $2000-$8000, give or take. Then there was a 1996 Mystic Cobra with under 4k original miles, going for $23,995...so it varies across the board.

The SN95 Cobra is one of my favorites out there. However the prices fluctuate from what I have seen. Now since you have a modified Cobra, you may get some more money over what it would be worth in stock form, but not enough where you would recover what you paid for the car, mods, labor, etc. At least generally you don't recoup what you put in, but then sometimes you do.

I know the demand for the SN95 Cobra is very low. Its not a sigh after car out there.

This is my opinion above, I could be totally wrong.

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Frank.JD.Perez
¯
Member # 12650

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank.JD.Perez  Ford pictures for Frank.JD.Perez  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Autumnstang97:
I have seen them anywhere between $2000-$8000, give or take. Then there was a 1996 Mystic Cobra with under 4k original miles, going for $23,995...so it varies across the board.

The SN95 Cobra is one of my favorites out there. However the prices fluctuate from what I have seen. Now since you have a modified Cobra, you may get some more money over what it would be worth in stock form, but not enough where you would recover what you paid for the car, mods, labor, etc. At least generally you don't recoup what you put in, but then sometimes you do.

I know the demand for the SN95 Cobra is very low. Its not a sigh after car out there.

This is my opinion above, I could be totally wrong.

youre pretty on point. and with reference to that mystic, thats just a price someone is asking. they will never get anywhere near that price so they are being unreasonable. and if its the one im thinking of its at a ford dealer right? a 96/98 cobra with UNDER (notice how i said under) 100k miles is worth about 7500. everyone and their mothers however wants closer to 8/9 for a cobra that is modded and beat with 140+k miles which again is unreasonable. theses cars are only worth what people are willing to pay and most people arent willing to pay what is usually asked for the cars. a normal stock cobra should go between 5500 to 7 depending on mileage and condition. uber built cobras that arent beat should be going close to 9 and rarely above since you can pick up a 99 01 new edge ranging from 7500 to 11. do your research becuase whoever is buying your car will most likely do theirs. check kbb, black book, manheim, nada, edmunds, etc. if you go to trade in your car at a dealership they most likely will give you between 4500 and 6 so dont expect them to be worth 1.5 times that (9k)

--------------------
1998 Ford Mustang GT SVO SC Saleen vert (sold)
1998 Ford Mustang GT PI (RIP)
1997 Ford Mustang GT
2000 BMW 323iT
2001 BMW X5

Posts: 603 | From: Hayward/Pleasanton | Registered: Dec 2012  |  :
Mr.10psi
¯
Member # 11062

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.10psi  Ford pictures for Mr.10psi  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
6to7k

--------------------
02 white saleen(sold) 347 stroker in the works

cobra4v
¯
Member # 4889

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobra4v  Ford pictures for cobra4v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just pick up a 98 cobra with a built motor and vortech t trim for 11g
Mr.10psi
¯
Member # 11062

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.10psi  Ford pictures for Mr.10psi  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobra4v:

Can you please define built? Ported heads,cams,stout full system,built trans,built rear end,suspenstion?

--------------------
02 white saleen(sold) 347 stroker in the works

cobra4v
¯
Member # 4889

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobra4v  Ford pictures for cobra4v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.10psi:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cobra4v:

Can you please define built? Ported heads,cams,stout full system,built trans,built rear end,suspenstion? [/QUOTE

It has forged internals stock heads, stock trans and rearend

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com