Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Insurance Question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Insurance Question
50/50
¯
Member # 1724

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for 50/50  Ford pictures for 50/50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've figured out something interesting: Why would insurance companies want to know anyone in your household who has a drivers license and wants to know their age? One reason: Money! As long as your teenage kid has a license you'll pay high premiums. That is: if the insurance company knows. But, as long as you give/gave your teenager permission to use your vehicle the car is still covered. So, why tell how many licensed teens you have? You should have the right not to disclose who else will be driving. At a parents age the rates are alright.

--------------------
Previously named: VenGeance, 5LiterFever, 50cal.

Drive safely. You wanna drive in it. Not DIE in it.

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jesus, where to start off here. You may have "figured" out something interesting, but you are completely out of the ballpark and missed the critical thinking aspect.

First, insurance rates are calculated off RISK ASSESSMENT. Meaning, if we have a pool of 100 drivers and we know all of their background (years of driving experience, driving record, type of vehicle, etc etc) then we can make our best PREDICTION as to how MANY accidents there may be, how frequently they may occur, and how severe they may be. Using this information, every driver gets charged accordingly based on their variables (I mentioned some of them above). In theory, not all 100 people are going to crash at the same time but the pool of money collected will be sufficient so that when you are in need of somebody paying out $5,000 to $50,000 for your fuck up (whatever bodily and injury damage you've caused), then there is enough money in the pool to cover your ass. In theory, this is a fine dance of balance and it all works out in the end if no one cheats the system.

Now, what you have posited lets us (the CA Fords public) know that you have a sense of entitlement where you feel you shouldn't have to pay accordingly based on the level of risk you are introducing to the pool of drivers. Statistically speaking, the less experienced of a driver you are the more likely you are to be involved in an accident. You upset the balance by not allowing the insurance company to collect the proper amount of money to maintain the "fine dance of balance." This is extremely simplified, but think about it in the grand scheme of things among the millions of drivers on the road. You may HATE paying insurance, but you are entering a contract in which they will be required to indemnify you for the amount of coverage you have purchased, as outlined in your policy. You also have the option of filing a $35,000 bond with the CA DMV and foregoing the need to carry liability insurance. I assume this would be required for each driver on your policy.

Next, ask yourself: Do you have the sufficient capital to pay out bodily injury claims, property damage, or completely write off your car if you or your friend/spouse/girlfriend/child crashes your car and not receive any compensation?

This was the exact reason working in the insurance industry was a pain in the ass. People have ZERO clue of how insurance works and the benefit it give you when you pay into it and they blamed the wrong people for having to pay high premiums (if their driving record sucked, if they bought a car with a history of frequent accidents and they have ZERO experience, etc etc). A simple statistics course should be required for all US citizens, it would make MANY aspects clearer for them as consumers (not just insurance).

Hope that clarifies your misinterpretation [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [patriot]

[ 2016-04-25, 01:53 AM: Message edited by: Black 02 SS ]

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you drive less that 50 miles a day average you can qualify up to a 50% discount

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

50/50
¯
Member # 1724

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for 50/50  Ford pictures for 50/50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
And besides, that's how Insurance Agents or should I say:"Sales Agents" make their money. The more you pay the more that Agent makes. Its a piece of the slice they make from the company.Its similar to plumbers working for a big company. The company makes 70% and the plumber gets 30%. I mean no disrespect to plumbers here but its no wonder plumbing costs so much to do.

--------------------

i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
One of the reasons why I take the bus from school is because of the insurance. Shyt I'm 21 I wonder how much they would charge now monthly? I haven't got a ticket yet.
Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
50/50
¯
Member # 1724

quote:
Originally posted by i:
One of the reasons why I take the bus from school is because of the insurance. Shyt I'm 21 I wonder how much they would charge now monthly? I haven't got a ticket yet.

I totally get you. But it also has something to do with driving experience. The more years you drive it counts as experience. Even a 40 year old new driver will pay high because they are a new driver.

--------------------

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black 02 SS:
Jesus, where to start off here. You may have "figured" out something interesting, but you are completely out of the ballpark and missed the critical thinking aspect.

First, insurance rates are calculated off RISK ASSESSMENT. Meaning, if we have a pool of 100 drivers and we know all of their background (years of driving experience, driving record, type of vehicle, etc etc) then we can make our best PREDICTION as to how MANY accidents there may be, how frequently they may occur, and how severe they may be. Using this information, every driver gets charged accordingly based on their variables (I mentioned some of them above). In theory, not all 100 people are going to crash at the same time but the pool of money collected will be sufficient so that when you are in need of somebody paying out $5,000 to $50,000 for your fuck up (whatever bodily and injury damage you've caused), then there is enough money in the pool to cover your ass. In theory, this is a fine dance of balance and it all works out in the end if no one cheats the system.

Now, what you have posited lets us (the CA Fords public) know that you have a sense of entitlement where you feel you shouldn't have to pay accordingly based on the level of risk you are introducing to the pool of drivers. Statistically speaking, the less experienced of a driver you are the more likely you are to be involved in an accident. You upset the balance by not allowing the insurance company to collect the proper amount of money to maintain the "fine dance of balance." This is extremely simplified, but think about it in the grand scheme of things among the millions of drivers on the road. You may HATE paying insurance, but you are entering a contract in which they will be required to indemnify you for the amount of coverage you have purchased, as outlined in your policy. You also have the option of filing a $35,000 bond with the CA DMV and foregoing the need to carry liability insurance. I assume this would be required for each driver on your policy.

Next, ask yourself: Do you have the sufficient capital to pay out bodily injury claims, property damage, or completely write off your car if you or your friend/spouse/girlfriend/child crashes your car and not receive any compensation?

This was the exact reason working in the insurance industry was a pain in the ass. People have ZERO clue of how insurance works and the benefit it give you when you pay into it and they blamed the wrong people for having to pay high premiums (if their driving record sucked, if they bought a car with a history of frequent accidents and they have ZERO experience, etc etc). A simple statistics course should be required for all US citizens, it would make MANY aspects clearer for them as consumers (not just insurance).

Hope that clarifies your misinterpretation [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [patriot]

amen....

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com