Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Brake and Light Inspection? shop/or advise

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Brake and Light Inspection? shop/or advise
siri95
CAFords OG
Member # 2840

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for siri95  Ford pictures for siri95  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking for a shop and or advise for a brake and light inspection on my daily driver (1994 BMW 325i)

Insurance totaled my car and I decided to keep it because it still runs great. Now I have to deal with the salvage title process (first time). Slight damage on the right side. No frame damage at all and the doors close properly.

Anyway, I did a quick inspection on my own and the lights checks out, but i found that my horn does not work and my e-brake needs adjustments.

Will that be a problem? Also, do I need to smog the car again even though it passed four months ago?

-Calvin

--------------------
1995 Mustang GT (sold)
1992 Ford F-150 XLT (sold)
1986 Mustang SVO (sold)

siri95
CAFords OG
Member # 2840

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for siri95  Ford pictures for siri95  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ttt

--------------------
1995 Mustang GT (sold)
1986 Mustang SVO (sold)

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Brake and lamp u can get done at the corner shop directly across the st from Hayward dmv on Jackson.
Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes has to be smogged again. All lights have to work, brake pads and rotors have to be in spec. Parking brake and all other brake parts have to work as well. Horn no to sure on that.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
siri95
CAFords OG
Member # 2840

Thanks. I'll have to adjust and fix some things before I take it in the shop.

Wish I can just pay for a brake and light cert and go on my way.

--------------------
1995 Mustang GT (sold)
1986 Mustang SVO (sold)

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com