Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Good guy w/a gun vs Bad guy w/a gun

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Good guy w/a gun vs Bad guy w/a gun
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pretty interesting news story out of Texas.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/2016/...rt-1/78655818/

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/investigates/2016/01/12/ready-aim-truth-good-guys-vs-bad-guys-part-2/78718008/

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The average shooter and even average cop spends less time traing then criminals.
A majority of CCW and LEO's are overconfident in their abilities. This leads to a possible fatal confrontation.
Another thing to consider is a GOOD guy with a gun a majority of the time is going to have morals, not likely to be the aggressor in any shootout. This is why and how a lot of officers are killed in the line of duty. They're reacting to the threat.......
A criminal or mass shooter doesn't care or take into account the possible victims IF they don't hit their target. The extra time to aim gives the advantage to the criminal to shoot at whatever they want.

I love reading articles about these kinds of things. Thank you for posting. [patriot]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Pcsal
¯
Member # 12897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pcsal  Ford pictures for Pcsal    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have My CCW in Utah and its nice I used to always carry even in cali but now that I have my CCW I don't carry lol But you are right about the morals. The UTAH ccw was extremely easy to get I sat in a 8 hour class NO SHOOTING NO TEST lol good for 39 states.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com