Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Hit refrigerator while driving (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hit refrigerator while driving
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was driving my Tacoma going about 70 or so on a highway, traffic was smooth but all of a sudden the car in front of me swerved rapidly to avoid hitting a refrigerator in the road. Unfortunately I was unable to swerve because a car was next to me, and stopping in time was out of the question.
Unfortunately this was a loose fridge with no owner in sight.
I have liability on the truck since it's a bit older, but it did some serious damage to my truck.
I filed a police report in the hopes that whomever lost it will come clean.
My bets are on it not working out, but what would you do in this situation ?

Thanks in advance

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pics?????
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't think there's much recourse in this situation, at least none that I would pursue. If you did have physical coverage on your insurance and you claimed the impact with a stationary object it would have gone against your history as an at-fault accident. Sorry to hear your truck has been damaged [Frown]

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for [SHO]TIME  Ford pictures for [SHO]TIME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
most likely your screwed!! shitty situation. But stop and think to yourself i know noone drives on the freeway with safe distance between them and the car in front of them, maybe this can be a good lesson always follow 2 to 3 seconds behind and maybe it could have been avoided. Glad to here you werent hurt things could have gone way worse at those speeds
[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for [SHO]TIME  Ford pictures for [SHO]TIME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if it were a brandnew fridge you could have gotten all the numbers off it and search all the stores in your area for its sale and maybe get lucky and they have purchaser on file
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea I figured as much
Lifted trucks don't stop very quickly so there was really nothing I could do in the situation
I do think what happened as crappy as it turned out was probably one of the better outcomes even though my truck is ugly now
Of course it was a buster ass fridge probably from a scrapper or something [Razz]

[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

yeah you gotta take it with a grain of salt, imagine if you were on a motorcyle. Last year at this time i was coming home in my corvette when i came around a corner coming headon at me in my lane was a full size pickup i had to swerve to miss it and drug the whole passenger side of the car down the guard rail, person in truck didnt stop, i totalled the car but it was that or go head to head with the truck which i would have lost!!! that battle
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCM:

Of course it was a buster ass fridge probably from a scrapper or something [Razz]

You some type of gang banger?

[ 2016-01-08, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: 90GT510 ]

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

quote:
Originally posted by 90GT510:
quote:

Well I ain't no mark ass trick
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Hahahahahahaha

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LXjames:
quote:
quote:

Hahahahahahaha
Lol
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think if you gave yourself two to three seconds of trailing room behind the car in front of you there would be no fucking way you'd hit a refrigerator.
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Yea I figured as much
Lifted trucks don't stop very quickly so there was really nothing I could do in the situation
I do think what happened as crappy as it turned out was probably one of the better outcomes even though my truck is ugly now

Clearly you need a bigger lift and tires. You should have driven over that thing. [Razz]

[ 2016-01-08, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: wilit ]

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
I think if you gave yourself two to three seconds of trailing room behind the car in front of you there would be no fucking way you'd hit a refrigerator.

This may be correct
But I really wasn't following that close, it's just the guy in front of my barely dodged the fridge, and I was unable to swerve due to a driver in the neighboring lane.
Live and learn, think I'm going to slow it down and try and enjoy times
I was in a rush to get to work so I could end my day early

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

This may be correct
But I really wasn't following that close, it's just the guy in front of my barely dodged the fridge, and I was unable to swerve due to a driver in the neighboring lane.

If you could count to three one thousands space from the car in front of you, you coulda seen the vehicle swerve sooner and either swerve the same way or hit the brakes so if you did hit at least the mutherfucker behind you would probably hit you and then their insurance would pay you out and possibly get rich the old fashioned way and get personal injury lawsuit munee

[ 2016-01-08, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: 135.0 ]

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sucks this happen. I use to insured my cars liability before but now with kids all full coverage. U just never know. Just enjoy life and u are ok.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

This may be correct

If you could count to three one thousands space from the car in front of you, you coulda seen the vehicle swerve sooner and either swerve the same way or hit the brakes so if you did hit at least the mutherfucker behind you would probably hit you and then their insurance would pay you out and possibly get rich the old fashioned way and get personal injury lawsuit munee
 -

--------------------
2000 Mustang GT Aluminator, TFS, Vortech, AED

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Haha, if you slam on the brakes for a legitimate reason like a mutherfucking refridgerator, then whoever slams into you will definitely be liable.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Well, I'm not trying to get rich
Though it'd be nice, but fortunately I'm employed and healthy

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That sucks dude.One thing i do when i drive is i always give myself a way out. If a car starts chilling next to me i either speed up or slow down so i can merge over if i need to.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire532FB:
That sucks dude.One thing i do when i drive is i always give myself a way out. If a car starts chilling next to me i either speed up or slow down so i can merge over if i need to.

+1 I cant stand when people do that

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I log a shit ton of miles, and I can tell you for sure that the amount of shit that is being hauled around unsecured is ridiculous. CHP really needs to crack down on these mother fuckers and consistent lane changers, they cause almost all accidents to occur.

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When all that beer flew out the fridge on a freeway....the dude was in shock and aww
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Camara90:
I log a shit ton of miles, and I can tell you for sure that the amount of shit that is being hauled around unsecured is ridiculous. CHP really needs to crack down on these mother fuckers and consistent lane changers, they cause almost all accidents to occur.

Man I don't drive a big rig everyday anymore..... But the shit you see driving all day will make you shake your head. The best is driving thru the ghetto. Tons of people just walking around, not doing SHIT but waiting for that check/EBT deposit.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like you got to eat that one...you can always try putting in a report with caltrans

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com