Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Rolex 24 at Daytona

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Rolex 24 at Daytona
BLK66FB
¯
Member # 8282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK66FB  Ford pictures for BLK66FB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will be at the Rolex 24 at Daytona at the end of January and I can't wait to see the new Ford GT in person!

It is the 50th anniversary since the Chip Ganassi team won the historic 1966 Lemans with the original Ford GT40, and after winning last year, I can't wait to see what they do this year!

-

--------------------
----------------------

1966 Mustang Fastback
2016 Mustang GT

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice, try to post some pics up after this. Can't wait to see how the cars performs as well...have fun [burnout]

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMike  Ford pictures for CoyoteMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ill be out there as well! Can't wait this is my first 24 hours of Daytona!

Ill be going to IMSA/Tudor at Laguna Seca and the Petite LeMans at the end of September this year as well.

can't wait to see the Ford GT in person.

[ 2016-01-05, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: CoyoteMike ]

--------------------
Racist, bigot Michael Ford / Mike Ford aka FiveOhMike of 2039 XXXXXXXy XXX Livermore, CA 94551, DOB Nov 3X, 1980 925-XXX-6667 and Director at Midokura Corp has been banned for continual threats of violence against other members, half a dozen fake accounts, lying to police to implicate CAFords and other shameful acts of revealing character. He is reported to be well armed and regularly spotted at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST
2015 Buick LaCrosse Premium

Posts: 580 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Sep 2014  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That would probably be one of those high dollar cars I would buy IF I ever was to win the lotto. I know a lot of people were upset with the motor choice.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
I know a lot of people were upset with the motor choice.

This..very disappointing

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The Rolex 24 hour at Daytona is an awesome event. You may want to look into hooking up with Grassroots Motorsports Magazine. I went in 2008 and paid a bit extra to join their group for the event. Well worth it for their huge hospitality tent and amenities. You will be at the track for a long time.
BLK66FB
¯
Member # 8282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK66FB  Ford pictures for BLK66FB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
Nice, try to post some pics up after this. Can't wait to see how the cars performs as well...have fun [burnout]

Definitely will post some photos, I will have some unique opportunities while I am there to get very hands on with a lot of the cars and out on the track.

quote:
Originally posted by phildog:
The Rolex 24 hour at Daytona is an awesome event. You may want to look into hooking up with Grassroots Motorsports Magazine. I went in 2008 and paid a bit extra to join their group for the event. Well worth it for their huge hospitality tent and amenities. You will be at the track for a long time.

I cant wait! I got really lucky and I will be in the Rolex suite the entire weekend, which includes a few hot laps out on the track as well [Smile]

--------------------
----------------------

1966 Mustang Fastback
2016 Mustang GT

BLK66FB
¯
Member # 8282

Was a great weekend, unfortunately team Ford and Chip Ganasi racing finished 11th and 12th, last in class.

Team Chevy and the Corvettes finished 1st and 2nd in that class with a photofinish.

I took a TON of pictures from some pretty unique places, I will upload and post them when I get home.

The highlight of the trip was a hot lap around the track before the race in an Audi RS5, and being able to climb onto the flaggers podium for some great shots, including this one of the winning car!

-

--------------------
----------------------

1966 Mustang Fastback
2016 Mustang GT

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like an awesome experience!! Definitely post up more pics if you can [dance]

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com