Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Christmas came early..

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Christmas came early..
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's been a while for some upgrades on the old mustang... So were ditching the blow thru carb and going efi. Also bit the bullet and bought some auto meter gauges.

-
 -  -
 -

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice on the gauges! I wanted some too but came up on some stock brand new ones for 100.

I know that FiTech wasn't cheap!

--------------------
1966 Mustang

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah cant wait to get it all in.. I'm gonna order a custom export brace next. After the Camaro is painted and running i'll pull the engine and paint the engine bay to match. Hopefully all before hot august nights.

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sweet!!!

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

Built88LX
¯
Member # 10758

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Built88LX  Ford pictures for Built88LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sick car bro [worship]
Posts: 2390 | From: $acramento | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking sik, let me know how ti runs. Might be a mod in my future

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks awesome! Can't wait to see how it runs.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89TRUNK  Ford pictures for 89TRUNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What carb did you have on there before? Why did you change? I'm considering going to a blow thru setup that's why I ask.
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

quote:
Originally posted by 89TRUNK:
What carb did you have on there before? Why did you change? I'm considering going to a blow thru setup that's why I ask.

I still have my carb setup, I will be selling it after I get this setup running. It's a holley 4150 blow thru built by the "carb shop" I've been running it for about 6 yrs with no problems. I'm swapping them out cause I'm ready for a little more modern stuff. I've slowed down at drag racing and looking for something that will run better during hot months and traffic.

If your looking to buy one let me know. I'll be putting this one on ebay after everything is going. I don't want it sitting on the shelf and drying out. It's a 750cfm
 -

[ 2015-12-17, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: 68dustin ]

--------------------

89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89TRUNK  Ford pictures for 89TRUNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Keep me updated. I'm a ways away from going FI as the car is still a project. I see a lot of the guys running C&S or CSU carbs with great success why'd you go carb shop.
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Carb shop was what someone recommended on the turbo forums. So went with them, this was about 6 years ago. I was pretty much able to put it on and fire it up. I had to do a little jetting & bigger accelerator pump, but other than that it was all good. http://www.customcarbs.com/

--------------------

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

- she's running!! now I need it to dry out so I can test drive

--------------------

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice! What did you do for the fuel system?
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

I ordered there inline pump setup. So far everything worked out pretty good. I'll find out when I beat on it. [Smile] I was worried about the pump noise, but shit you cant hear anything in the car anyways lol..

[ 2015-12-22, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: 68dustin ]

--------------------

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cool, just be careful. You may need to run a return line and hook the pump to a relay since you run boost. Don't want to see you burn that motor up.
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

quote:
Originally posted by Secnd2nun64:
Cool, just be careful. You may need to run a return line and hook the pump to a relay since you run boost. Don't want to see you burn that motor up.

I'm running a return now, the ecu has a built in relay just for the fuel system. I'm still trying to "dial" it in. My damn ground in the trunk was giving me shit.

--------------------

1.mach.8.u
¯
Member # 13869

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1.mach.8.u  Ford pictures for 1.mach.8.u    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Interested on the carb.please contact me 6505182788 thanks

--------------------
1990 Cobra Clone
W/ nitrous

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sweet. Now I need to get mine done.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

- Finally got the gauges in.. man I pretty much have re-wired my whole car in the past 2 weeks..  -

--------------------

RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how have things worked out with the FI kit? Interested in replacing a troublesum carb with one. So far i've found good reviews.

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

I LOVE IT! I have had a few issues, but it was mostly on my end. My battery being in the truck was creating a problem with low voltage. They sent me some updated software to lower the voltage required for the unit. So far it's been working fine (been about a week) It's nice being able to just jump in it and go. No more double footing to get it warmed up. Seems like I have picked up some power too and all little carb hesitation is gone.

[ 2016-02-01, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: 68dustin ]

--------------------

89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

Any updates? I'm considering picking one of these up instead of going with a blow thru carb. Do you regret not going to the 800hp kit or 1200hp kit? What fuel system did you go with?
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks great bro nice job bro [patriot]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

quote:
Originally posted by 68dustin:
I LOVE IT! I have had a few issues, but it was mostly on my end. My battery being in the truck was creating a problem with low voltage. They sent me some updated software to lower the voltage required for the unit. So far it's been working fine (been about a week) It's nice being able to just jump in it and go. No more double footing to get it warmed up. Seems like I have picked up some power too and all little carb hesitation is gone.

What size cable do you have from the trunk to the solenoid? I've got mine in the trunk too.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com