Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » City Camera question-Update #2

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: City Camera question-Update #2
macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macthizzle  Ford pictures for macthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was in an accident 9/2015. I was turning left on an outside lane, a lady went into my lane fucked up my fender and bumper.When we stopped she was saying she was sorry for hitting me and going into my lane. We exchanged information and went on our way. On Friday I received a call from my insurance stating that her insurance has found me 50% at fault. Per her adjuster she is saying I hit her and went into her lane, then verbally abused her. I didn't call the police that day because I figured they wouldn't come out for a basic fender bender.

Friday on my way home I noticed that intersection has a camera right above where the accident occurred. Will the city release that video? How else can I prove my innocence? It is clear that she hit me because I hit my brakes the scratches are going a certain direction and the bumper is detached.

[ 2015-12-18, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: macthizzle ]

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

Posts: 992 | From: REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
She's probably stating that she had position in the lane first, where was the contact on the vehicle?

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macthizzle  Ford pictures for macthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Her rear right behind rear tire. Front driver fender and bumper on my car. She thought it was a single turning lane.If I hadn't slammed my brakes,my whole side would've been messed up.

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Her rear your front, sounds like the bitch is lying but based on where it hit could make it 50/50. No matter what happens as long as nobody's hurt, I'd just go through your own insurance to get your car fixed and have them deal with that bitch. You can't go to jail for verbally abusing that thot in this situation. LOL

--------------------

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your insurance can make a request for video. You pay them so make them work on your behalf.

Depending on where your at, video may only be retrieved for 24 hours unless a specific request was submitted within that allotted time frame.

The main reason being the back end cost to secure and store constant 24/7 video from hundreds or thousands of cameras daily.

Some counties and cities are better than others for time frame of retrievable video.

RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRCobraSC281  Ford pictures for RRRCobraSC281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's likely going to stay 50/50. And if her insurance company is the same as yours, it's definitely going to be 50/50. Same thing happened to me in my 300c.

--------------------
Project 93GT500 has started
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
88 Mach 1 Coupe MM&FF 6/14 (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

Posts: 1746 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's not about right or wrong, it's about money. There not going to look at the camera footage. This of course is crunched into a nutshell for you
macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

I got interviewed by both adjusters. Hers ruled 50/50 and mine ruled no liability for me. My adjuster said I can either take 50% from them to fix my car or my insurance can fix it but I would have to pay my $500 deductible. How the hell is that fair. Shouldn't my insurance cover me at no cost and come after the other insurance for the other half? why should I spend my hard earned money on an accident I didn't cause.
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Sometimes you take a loss but only way to the next payday is to pay up and move on to the next check your way.

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I rest my case, welcome to the wonderful world of big money. They reversed your own sig on you lol; sucks but that's the way it works.
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRCobraSC281  Ford pictures for RRRCobraSC281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If it's 50/50 then you should pay half the deductible and your insurance pay for half the repair and their insurance pay for the other half.

--------------------
Project 93GT500 has started
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
88 Mach 1 Coupe MM&FF 6/14 (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

Posts: 1746 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by macthizzle:
I got interviewed by both adjusters. Hers ruled 50/50 and mine ruled no liability for me. My adjuster said I can either take 50% from them to fix my car or my insurance can fix it but I would have to pay my $500 deductible. How the hell is that fair. Shouldn't my insurance cover me at no cost and come after the other insurance for the other half? why should I spend my hard earned money on an accident I didn't cause.

It's called life, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, can't win them all.
MUSTTANGUY
¯
Member # 2251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MUSTTANGUY  Ford pictures for MUSTTANGUY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just went through this exact thing...
Daughter was driving the 2013 convertible and a motorcycle switched lanes right into her. Our adjuster (AAA) was fantastic, it was going to be 50/50 because it was a he said/she said due to fact of no witnesses. I pointed out to him that if SHE would have hit him it would have been less damage and we would have been knocked into center divider and would have been down as opposed to him hitting her which would have caused more damage as her car was more immovable and we would have fell against the car and not gone down like he didnt. Sent a few really good pics and after a couple of phone conversations he pulled the deductible and they are going after the motorcyclist. You just have to prove your case.
Car gets out of body shop today !!!!!

--------------------
Tim (Musttanguy)
97 5.0 coupe
82 GT 427/T56/9"

macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

The other parties insurance called me and asked how I felt about the decision. I told them that it's not accurate. So the adjuster says"my client said to take care of you 100% and to let you know that you hit her." I told her ill be more than happy to settle in court if she wants to fight it. End result they are fixing my car at no cost. I think the adjuster knew she was lying and probably told her that I would win.

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

MUSTTANGUY
¯
Member # 2251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MUSTTANGUY  Ford pictures for MUSTTANGUY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Glad to hear you had a good outcome.
Picked up the Mustang from the body this afternoon only to have our Fusion go in for a side swipe hit and run while it was parked.
Picked one car up and left the other, what a day.
Can't people drive anymore ???

--------------------
Tim (Musttanguy)
97 5.0 coupe
82 GT 427/T56/9"

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com