Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » CAI

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: CAI
kingdavid
¯
Member # 11179

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingdavid  Ford pictures for kingdavid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just picked up a 2014 5.0 mustang and was curious what Cold Air Intake you guys are running on your 5.0 any pro and con, what brand your running.

--------------------
1967 mustang 410W
2014 Oxford White 5.0

Posts: 305 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
97cobra209
¯
Member # 11376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobra209  Ford pictures for 97cobra209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Non stock one is good enough if you have fog lights in the grill delete those to free up air coming in!

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Steeda

Pros - seems to be great quality and looks good IMO. Works as advertised.

Cons - expensive...it think it's one of the more expensive kits.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

kingdavid
¯
Member # 11179

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingdavid  Ford pictures for kingdavid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the advice fellas. I looked at the Steeda Cold air intake looks like it needs a tune after install, But the numbers increase looks really good.

--------------------
1967 mustang 410W
2014 Oxford White 5.0

97cobra209
¯
Member # 11376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobra209  Ford pictures for 97cobra209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Read up on it you'll see that most of the gains come from the tune itself and not the cai

--------------------
2011 GT/CS 5.0

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't upgrade the Cai, without the tune. Otherwise you'll waste your money.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMike  Ford pictures for CoyoteMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get a tune, skip the CAI, and put an offroad x, long tubes and axle back on it and put down ~400rwhp

--------------------
Racist, bigot Michael Ford / Mike Ford aka FiveOhMike of 2039 XXXXXXXy XXX Livermore, CA 94551, DOB Nov 3X, 1980 925-XXX-6667 and Director at Midokura Corp has been banned for continual threats of violence against other members, half a dozen fake accounts, lying to police to implicate CAFords and other shameful acts of revealing character. He is reported to be well armed and regularly spotted at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST
2015 Buick LaCrosse Premium

Posts: 580 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Sep 2014  |  :
kingdavid
¯
Member # 11179

Thanks for the advice fellas I'm new to the computer controlled performance world. I will go for the exhaust and tune for a better bang for the buck. Will Longtube headers fail on smog though?

--------------------
1967 mustang 410W
2014 Oxford White 5.0

CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMike  Ford pictures for CoyoteMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kingdavid:
Thanks for the advice fellas I'm new to the computer controlled performance world. I will go for the exhaust and tune for a better bang for the buck. Will Longtube headers fail on smog though?

Yes! When you have to smog the car next in 2020 [Wink] Nice part about owning a new car

--------------------
Racist, bigot Michael Ford / Mike Ford aka FiveOhMike of 2039 XXXXXXXy XXX Livermore, CA 94551, DOB Nov 3X, 1980 925-XXX-6667 and Director at Midokura Corp has been banned for continual threats of violence against other members, half a dozen fake accounts, lying to police to implicate CAFords and other shameful acts of revealing character. He is reported to be well armed and regularly spotted at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST

kingdavid
¯
Member # 11179

quote:
Originally posted by CoyoteMike:
quote:

Yes! When you have to smog the car next in 2020 [Wink] Nice part about owning a new car
Say what? I wasn't aware of this not til 2020 sweet.

--------------------
1967 mustang 410W
2014 Oxford White 5.0

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes I think the first time you have to smog new cars is 6 or 7 years later.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yep 6 years of no smog from the first year the car was sold (this is why there is an extra smog abatement fee on new cars registration). But check, its from the date the car was first sold as "new". In my case late 2012 so I am up late 2018.

[ 2015-11-18, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: CoyoteMike ]

--------------------

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST

kingdavid
¯
Member # 11179

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yep 6 years of no smog from the first year the car was sold (this is why there is an extra smog abatement fee on new cars registration). But check, its from the date the car was first sold as "new". In my case late 2012 so I am up late 2018.
That's awesome to know I had no clue thanks for the heads up on that Longtubes and full exhaust it is.

--------------------
1967 mustang 410W
2014 Oxford White 5.0

92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92_5.0  Ford pictures for 92_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just keep in mind if you get pulled over and the cop takes a peek...well you get it lol.

--------------------
Infineon/Sears point? same difference!
11.8 @ 115 mph @ Sac Raceway
411 rwhp 402 trq (old set up)
540 rwhp 517 rwtrq (new set up)
ET's to come

kingdavid
¯
Member # 11179

quote:
Originally posted by 92_5.0:
Just keep in mind if you get pulled over and the cop takes a peek...well you get it lol.

Yeah I know how that can go. Damn California keeping all the fun away from us.

--------------------
1967 mustang 410W
2014 Oxford White 5.0

CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 92_5.0:

Yeah I know how that can go. Damn California keeping all the fun away from us.
They would need a lift to see my cats lol...car is too low.

--------------------

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com