Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Any poker players

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Any poker players
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What was your worst bad beat?
I've hit a run of garbage cards lately..
Hit a royal flush early in the week and won a whopping $8

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Forgot the bad part
Today flopped quad 4s, another guy flopped a set of 8s and rivered his 4th 8
Disgusting
Lost $900 quick
Lucky I didnt have more on the table

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I could never play poker. I love me some craps though!

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Flopping a full house. Slow playing it and loosing to someone with a better full house who hits it on the river. Anytime someone goes all in when you're holding a pair of jacks or better and you loose to some jackass bluffing with a 2 - 7 off suit!!!!!

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCM:
Forgot the bad part
Today flopped quad 4s, another guy flopped a set of 8s and rivered his 4th 8
Disgusting
Lost $900 quick
Lucky I didnt have more on the table

Set over set is bad but I can't think of much worse than this!

I figured out twice that somebody flopped a bigger set than me and I was sure by the turn. So I folded mine and was showed both times by the other player, which really helped my confidence that my instincts were on those times.

Many times players can't help themselves when they have a big hand so they show there cards. I hardly ever show mine.

Was this online or live?

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used to play poker all the time on Poker Stars but they shut that down. Last time I played was in Vegas. I had trip aces on the flop(I had pocket aces), dude went all in with $300 at that point, I called and the fucker ended up with four of a kind on the turn and river. Fucker was bluffing me and still fucken won since a full house doesn't beat a 4 of a kind. I was so heated that I think that was the last time I ever played.

[ 2015-10-31, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: NEIGHT ]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Poker? I barely knew her!

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
Flopping a full house. Slow playing it and loosing to someone with a better full house who hits it on the river. Anytime someone goes all in when you're holding a pair of jacks or better and you loose to some jackass bluffing with a 2 - 7 off suit!!!!!

This is why I quit the game. I used to play Sunday afternoons at local pubs when I lived in AZ. Pot prizes were 200-400 with $20 buy-ins and $10 one time re-buy. I played off statistics and didn't get comfortable enough to read people. I would get bad beats when I had solid flops and turns only to be rivered with some garbage hand that should of folded on the preflop bet!

[ 2015-11-01, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: stanger00 ]

--------------------
2000 Mustang GT Aluminator, TFS, Vortech, AED

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Yes this was a live game,
I can't stand the online play it's even worse than what happened the other day
I think I'm going to move up to higher games and test the waters, I think $1-3 is just asking for garbage hands to beat

macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macthizzle  Ford pictures for macthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCM:
Yes this was a live game,
I can't stand the online play it's even worse than what happened the other day
I think I'm going to move up to higher games and test the waters, I think $1-3 is just asking for garbage hands to beat

If you have the bank roll play higher stakes. There is definitely a difference on how the higher stakes players play the game. It is much easier to steal pots because the risk is higher.

A bad beat like the one you had could've paid you 50k+ at lucky chances. They have a 100k pot for bad beats, it goes up 1k daily.

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

Posts: 992 | From: REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My worse was having AA and raised preflop. I get reraised, I reraise, he goes all in and I call. He has KK and the pot is up to $1350. I flop an Ace. He turns a King and rivers a King.

This was back in the Poker Stars days. I broke my keyboard. [Frown]

stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blue92:
My worse was having AA and raised preflop. I get reraised, I reraise, he goes all in and I call. He has KK and the pot is up to $1350. I flop an Ace. He turns a King and rivers a King.

This was back in the Poker Stars days. I broke my keyboard. [Frown]

I have that kind of luck with pocket bullets. I wouldn't call that a bad beat though.

--------------------
2000 Mustang GT Aluminator, TFS, Vortech, AED

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com