Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » List of Alarms/GPS tracking

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: List of Alarms/GPS tracking
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
With the recent theft of that Mustang out of San Ramon. Lets get a list going of alarm systems with GPS tracking that people can install in their Mustangs for protection.
There's LoJack and what else?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Blu50Stang
CAFords OG
Member # 489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blu50Stang  Ford pictures for Blu50Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Protection after the car gets stolen? You mean possible recovery, right?
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There was a system my buddy told me about. If the car moves out of a 5 foot barrier when parked and locked the police are automatically called and your alerted by phone. He said they caught the thief in his dad's car trying to steal his truck at a raider game or something.

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LXjames:
There was a system my buddy told me about. If the car moves out of a 5 foot barrier when parked and locked the police are automatically called and your alerted by phone. He said they caught the thief in his dad's car trying to steal his truck at a raider game or something.

whats the name?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

BLK66FB
¯
Member # 8282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK66FB  Ford pictures for BLK66FB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Viper Smart Start.

Can track your vehicle on your smart phone, set up a zone, and it texts you if the alarm goes off.

--------------------
----------------------

1966 Mustang Fastback
2016 Mustang GT

fiftwyz
¯
Member # 8351

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fiftwyz  Ford pictures for fiftwyz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^^^^ just looked at the alarm very interesting!
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anybody know if these alarms are self powered and not through the car battery ? All a thief needs to do is unplug the battery from the vehicle and no more gps locator .

[ 2015-09-11, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: Eddie510- ]

BLK66FB
¯
Member # 8282

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK66FB  Ford pictures for BLK66FB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The smart start has an optional backup battery. Will also send you alerts if the battery is getting low, and the last GPS coordinates of the car before the battery goes dead.

--------------------
----------------------

1966 Mustang Fastback
2016 Mustang GT

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BLK66FB:
The smart start has an optional backup battery. Will also send you alerts if the battery is getting low, and the last GPS coordinates of the car before the battery goes dead.

Solid

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Bring this back up, anyone have any other systems?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Blu50Stang
CAFords OG
Member # 489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blu50Stang  Ford pictures for Blu50Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire532FB:
Bring this back up, anyone have any other systems?

I was just talking to one of the founders of www.911tracker.com. It's worth a look!
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check out Trackimo. I spoke to this company at length at their booth at SEMA. Great price, great reviews online, cheap enough to put in every vehicle you own.

[ 2015-12-24, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: phildog ]

swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedensky  Ford pictures for swedensky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have Skylink on my truck. You can hardwire it in or plug directly to obd. Shares 4G/LTE satellite coverage with Verizon and you can track on your smart phone. Keeps a log of where it been as well as you can set parameters for the vehicle and get instant texts/alerts. Skylink guarantees to find your car in the first 24 hours or they refund what you paid for the device.

--------------------
I work at Ford!! > Best deals on ALL cars!
click here

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by swedensky:
I have Skylink on my truck. You can hardwire it in or plug directly to obd. Shares 4G/LTE satellite coverage with Verizon and you can track on your smart phone. Keeps a log of where it been as well as you can set parameters for the vehicle and get instant texts/alerts. Skylink guarantees to find your car in the first 24 hours or they refund what you paid for the device.

I've been looking at this one, is there a yearly fee? How much? i can't find anywhere that tells me the price for it except how much it costs to buy. Also will it work with ATT?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for swedensky  Ford pictures for swedensky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I sell it in finance for work. annual cost is ~110 for mobile app, device is always active and is transferable to any vehicle.

We sell it for quite a bit but I can sell it cheaper to forum members of anyone wants one. Cheapest I can sell it for including installation and first year is $450

--------------------
click here

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You live in Timbuk three, no need to have an alarm in Pollack Pines or wherever it is you live.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

BLK66FB
¯
Member # 8282

quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:
You live in Timbuk three, no need to have an alarm in Pollack Pines or wherever it is you live.

lol

--------------------
----------------------

1966 Mustang Fastback
2016 Mustang GT

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:

My dad's Hotrod was stolen from him back in the early 60s when were he lived was country too. Some D-Bag will try i am sure.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
I sell it in finance for work. annual cost is ~110 for mobile app, device is always active and is transferable to any vehicle.

We sell it for quite a bit but I can sell it cheaper to forum members of anyone wants one. Cheapest I can sell it for including installation and first year is $450

Thats a pretty good price, the place someone told me to go and get it wants 900 for it and they just sent me a sale for it for 540.

So what does the app do? Does it show you were your car is at all times, will it alert you if the car moves, etc?

[ 2015-12-26, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: Wildfire532FB ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire532FB:
quote:

Thats a pretty good price, the place someone told me to go and get it wants 900 for it and they just sent me a sale for it for 540.

So what does the app do? Does it show you were your car is at all times, will it alert you if the car moves, etc?

If you set a fence (boundary) yes it will alert you. It will also keep a log of where the car has stopped and started recently. You can see map view or satellite view images (not live obviously but shows you type of area and buildings your car may be at).

--------------------
click here

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

So when you go into the app it'll show you the exact location of your car on a map? and the sensor is the size of your hand?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

swedensky
¯
Member # 12185

Yes, and the box is about the size of your palm.

--------------------
click here

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com