Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 6.7 powerstroke mods?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 6.7 powerstroke mods?
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone on here got any mods for their 6.7 that they would recommend? ive thought about a dpf delete and intake but the power these put out makes me wonder if i should even bother. i got a 14 F250.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cummins swap.
flores24v
¯
Member # 10586

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for flores24v  Ford pictures for flores24v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phildog:
Cummins swap.

[worship] [worship] [worship] [worship]
Ryan_LX
¯
Member # 7089

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan_LX  Ford pictures for Ryan_LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does that truck use DEF(diesel exhaust fluid)? My 2014 cummins does and has the DPF also. I know not many companies have an answer for tuning a delete. My truck will go into limp mode if its low on DEF. So just pulling it off yourself isn't a good idea. There are a couple of companies that can, and require you to send the computer to them, and they will flash the computer for the delete. Ive heard for the cost you don't get much performance gain just sound. Also your truck wouldn't pass smog and void the warranty. These thing makes so much torque stock, not sure how much the trannys can even handle over the stock power.

Also just curious what kind of MPG are you getting? I average 18mpg mixed highway/town driving . The best I've seen is 24mpg bone stock

[ 2015-08-13, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Ryan_LX ]

--------------------
Jesus is king!

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan_LX:
Does that truck use DEF(diesel exhaust fluid)? My 2014 cummins does and has the DPF also. I know not many companies have an answer for tuning a delete. My truck will go into limp mode if its low on DEF. So just pulling it off yourself isn't a good idea. There are a couple of companies that can, and require you to send the computer to them, and they will flash the computer for the delete. Ive heard for the cost you don't get much performance gain just sound. Also your truck wouldn't pass smog and void the warranty. These thing makes so much torque stock, not sure how much the trannys can even handle over the stock power.

Also just curious what kind of MPG are you getting? I average 18mpg mixed highway/town driving . The best I've seen is 24mpg bone stock

Good way to void the warranty. And diesel have to be smogged every 2 years
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah man I have been going to a lot of compliance classes to make sure I am up to date with all the CARB crap. It's costing companies a lot of money in CA. All this stuff is going to drive up the cost of trucks and freight.

Dave.

I heard that a lot of the new factory systems can't be cleaned out/baked. So when they get clogged up people are gonna have sticker shock at how much the factory system cost to replace. But the aftermarket have V band clamp versions that ARE serviceable?

[ 2015-08-13, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: SLOWBACK 67 ]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
quote:

Not worried about it

--------------------
The anti-crew

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sic70stang:
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
quote:

Not worried about it
You will if the state take over the diesel smogs over.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
Yeah man I have been going to a lot of compliance classes to make sure I am up to date with all the CARB crap. It's costing companies a lot of money in CA. All this stuff is going to drive up the cost of trucks and freight.

Dave.

I heard that a lot of the new factory systems can't be cleaned out/baked. So when they get clogged up people are gonna have sticker shock at how much the factory system cost to replace. But the aftermarket have V band clamp versions that ARE serviceable?

You heard correct some folks just trained them in when that happens .
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

quote:

I've never calculated it by the actual gallon usage but the read out I see about 16 city and maybe 20 highway. Yea this truck also uses the DEF. I've only filled the tank once so far at just over 11k miles. I do like how the truck don't stink like diesel tho lol

[ 2015-08-13, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: sic70stang ]

--------------------
The anti-crew

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn our peterbilt bobtails go thru 2 gallons a week on average. Can't wait till we get rid of those things and get some 2 axle trucks with 28' trailers. UTurns in those bobtails SUCK [Embarrassed]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

i drive the truck pretty hard too, it's gotta be low now

--------------------
The anti-crew

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com