Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Delete (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Delete
SacGrown89GT
¯
Member # 7435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacGrown89GT  Ford pictures for SacGrown89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ 2015-08-16, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: SacGrown89GT ]

--------------------
"Your shit aint hot!"
"No but its faster than your shoes"
"...."

Posts: 699 | From: SacGROWNmento | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
Mercboy
¯
Member # 14113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mercboy  Ford pictures for Mercboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful, Love whats been done to that car out there in Sac. Much Love.

--------------------
RIPCOUGNUT

SacGrown89GT
¯
Member # 7435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacGrown89GT  Ford pictures for SacGrown89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mercboy:
Beautiful, Love whats been done to that car out there in Sac. Much Love.

[patriot]

--------------------
"Your shit aint hot!"
"...."

SacGrown89GT
¯
Member # 7435

Bump

--------------------
"Your shit aint hot!"
"...."

86 T TOPS
¯
Member # 8855

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86 T TOPS  Ford pictures for 86 T TOPS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
bump for a clean ass hatch wish i had the $$$$

--------------------
TTOPNGT

Posts: 704 | From: redwood city | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
ed650
¯
Member # 9897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ed650  Ford pictures for ed650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hopefully you don't hate me for this but IN MY OPINION this car is decent compared to alot of foxes on the road but not worth any where near the asking price.
Heres why:
1.Mileage might be low for it's year if it's really 136k, but at 136k motor is already worn out it can handle another 40k-60k miles IF you baby it or else it will need a rebuild soon.
2. Motor needs a good cleaning to the point where you can lick off if it.
3.Car was repainted but not the engine bay or door jambs, color looks red in some pics and red/orange/pink in others, don't know if it's your phone camera or the quality of the actual paint.

I like how clean the interior is and if it had some lowering it would catch a little more attention. Not trying to bag you or your friend but just the high asking price made me want to comment and point out some details. For it to fetch 7k it would have to be as clean and all original as the white 89gt you had and if its modded it needs to have a fresh rebuild with aluminum heads and if its repainted it has to be done the right way (engine bay, door jambs).
People need to start realizing just because they see high priced foxes doesn't mean they can go ahead and post there's too for that high, I mean they can do it but what's going to happen? They will have to keep reposting and reposting.

--------------------
410w Hatch
306Ci Coupe

Posts: 1744 | From: menlo park | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
trickflow211
¯
Member # 8503

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for trickflow211  Ford pictures for trickflow211    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ed650:
Hopefully you don't hate me for this but IN MY OPINION this car is decent compared to alot of foxes on the road but not worth any where near the asking price.
Heres why:
1.Mileage might be low for it's year if it's really 136k, but at 136k motor is already worn out it can handle another 40k-60k miles IF you baby it or else it will need a rebuild soon.
3.Car was repainted but not the engine bay or door jambs, color looks red in some pics and red/orange/pink in others, don't know if it's your phone camera or the quality of the actual paint.

I like how clean the interior is and if it had some lowering it would catch a little more attention. Not trying to bag you or your friend but just the high asking price made me want to comment and point out some details. For it to fetch 7k it would have to be as clean and all original as the white 89gt you had and if its modded it needs to have a fresh rebuild with aluminum heads and if its repainted it has to be done the right way (engine bay, door jambs).
People need to start realizing just because they see high priced foxes doesn't mean they can go ahead and post there's too for that high, I mean they can do it but what's going to happen? They will have to keep reposting and reposting.

I agree about 4k over priced. Car has nothing really.. You can get those rims $400 brand new shipped late model. I sold my Saleen clone w real badges, gauges, and body kit and same wheels brand new out Box for 6k and had tons of mods

[ 2015-08-11, 06:32 AM: Message edited by: trickflow211 ]

--------------------
1990 Cobra Clone 421 Tq 420 Hp

Need General Contractor Services? 925-338-5422 serving East Bay Area over 20yrs

Posts: 2449 | From: Pittsburg/Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2008  |  :
Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SacGrown89GT:

Hes asking $7600 obo

[Eek!] [Eek!]
SacGrown89GT
¯
Member # 7435

quote:
Originally posted by ed650:
Heres why:

Appreciate the opinion. I agree not as clean as my white one but def a clean fox. Im posting it for my friend and honestly its nicer in person. I was told by ALOT of ppl my 89 wouldnt catch even 4k and sold it for 7100. So hopefully if he holds off long enough he can get 6. Worth a shot. But really is soid as fuk and clean

--------------------
"Your shit aint hot!"
"...."

351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guess you guys didn't see the car had a chrome cold air intake with the high performance blue throttle body adapter that doesn't match the other couplers or the high performance red spark plug wire for the #1 cylinder only. Those two mods plus the super clean install of the 3G alternator power wire makes this worth at least 10k, I'm sure all the other work on this car were done with a fine attention to detail.

[ 2015-08-11, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: TEXAS ]

SacGrown89GT
¯
Member # 7435

quote:
Originally posted by TEXAS:
Guess you guys didn't see the car had a chrome cold air intake with the high performance blue throttle body adapter that doesn't match the other couplers or the high performance red spark plug wire for the #1 cylinder only. Those two mods plus the super clean install of the 3G alternator power wire makes this worth at least 10k, I'm sure all the other work on this car were done with a fine attention to detail.

Individuals like you are what piss people off, you dont like what you see keep your retarded comments to yourself and keep on movin. No one said its a perfect car. Excuse me if the hands nail polish doesnt match the feet. If your worried about appearance and not performance or how realiable it is your an idiot and need to be only looking at dealership cars. I never said its a rare one of a kind car just simply posting for someone and can personally say it runs super solid and is clean as hell with everyhing there. So let me tell him to get a set of spark plug wires to match and some loom for that 3g wire so you can be happy woth your tard self.

--------------------
"Your shit aint hot!"
"...."

92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92_5.0  Ford pictures for 92_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice car, very catchy with the red paint. I would say $3500-$4000 would be fair [patriot]

--------------------
Infineon/Sears point? same difference!
11.8 @ 115 mph @ Sac Raceway
411 rwhp 402 trq (old set up)
540 rwhp 517 rwtrq (new set up)
ET's to come

*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seller can ask whatever price he wants. Doesn't mean that someone'll give him his asking price. On that note, if he's asking $7,600 for his, I should get 20k for mine. [patriot]

[ 2015-08-15, 08:14 AM: Message edited by: *Als50* ]

Posts: 1897 | From: La Bahia... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TEXAS:

Individuals like you are what piss people off, you dont like what you see keep your retarded comments to yourself and keep on movin. No one said its a perfect car. Excuse me if the hands nail polish doesnt match the feet. If your worried about appearance and not performance or how realiable it is your an idiot and need to be only looking at dealership cars. I never said its a rare one of a kind car just simply posting for someone and can personally say it runs super solid and is clean as hell with everyhing there. So let me tell him to get a set of spark plug wires to match and some loom for that 3g wire so you can be happy woth your tard self.
Matching plug wires is always a plus, should be a given when asking 7600, better job of hiding the power wire well that shows attention to detail, matching hose couplers are always nice to, good luck with the sale.
LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blue92:
quote:

Hes asking $7600 obo

[Eek!] [Eek!]
Grown man price right there!
Posts: 3652 | From: the land of the lost | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although i agree that 7600 is a little overpriced since its basically stock, its actually not as far off from current market value as everyone is making it seem. Yeah sure, everyone can say "Oo its just a regular fox.. Not worth that much.. blah blah blah blah.." But in Reality if you look at the market, the value of these foxbodies is going up! Your average "clapped out foxbody" is going for $3500-$4500 now, so i can definitely see this one getting close to $5500-$6000 if hes patient.. I sold my Stock 91 convertible with bolt ons, 5 lug, nice wheels, black leather sn seats, & fresh paint for $7500 about a year ago, and was offered $5500 for my 87 when it was pretty much stock except bolt ons & 5 lug.. its all about supply & demand.. everyone wants a foxbody now, but clean foxbodies are hard to find.. so when a clean one pops up, they sell.. simple as that!

I just find it funny how everyone is always quick to say someone else's fox is over priced, but then they always ask ridiculous amounts for their cars when they post it up as well.. haha

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to agree with texas lol. However the exterior looks FLAWLESS.

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
351w
¯
Member # 11875

quote:
Originally posted by i:
I have to agree with texas lol. However the exterior looks FLAWLESS.

Sometimes the truth hurts.
SacGrown89GT
¯
Member # 7435

quote:
Originally posted by Blow_U_In_Reverse:
Although i agree that 7600 is a little overpriced since its basically stock, its actually not as far off from current market value as everyone is making it seem. Yeah sure, everyone can say "Oo its just a regular fox.. Not worth that much.. blah blah blah blah.." But in Reality if you look at the market, the value of these foxbodies is going up! Your average "clapped out foxbody" is going for $3500-$4500 now, so i can definitely see this one getting close to $5500-$6000 if hes patient.. I sold my Stock 91 convertible with bolt ons, 5 lug, nice wheels, black leather sn seats, & fresh paint for $7500 about a year ago, and was offered $5500 for my 87 when it was pretty much stock except bolt ons & 5 lug.. its all about supply & demand.. everyone wants a foxbody now, but clean foxbodies are hard to find.. so when a clean one pops up, they sell.. simple as that!

I just find it funny how everyone is always quick to say someone else's fox is over priced, but then they always ask ridiculous amounts for their cars when they post it up as well.. haha

Perfectly said!!!!!!
[worship]

--------------------
"Your shit aint hot!"
"...."

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If youre trying to get $7500 for a 140k mile stock repainted Fox thats worth maybe $3500-$4k, At the very least clean the dirty engine bay. The thing looks like a bucket under the hood.

[ 2015-08-11, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: Robb ]

Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
mikeP
¯
Member # 4489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikeP  Ford pictures for mikeP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
4 grand......GL with the sale

--------------------
91 vert lx 5.0, 68 CS, 69 BB nova

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Back to general talk, teach your friends how to post their ads for themselves.

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Been a week since this clean foxbody popped up...did it sell?

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
If youre trying to get $7500 for a 140k mile stock repainted Fox thats worth maybe $3500-$4k, At the very least clean the dirty engine bay. The thing looks like a bucket under the hood.

^^ This x1000,cars like this one is what made me sick of foxes honestly....Also as much as I can't stand Texas he's right about the single spark plug wire standing out,that shit irritates the hell outta me..FRPP wires are $40 make your shit look correct,esp when trying to sell a car [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this car isn't worth anywhere near 7 grand just going of the issues I can immediately see...
Right off I can see the interior is missing A few pieces such as the ash tray door, both map pockets on each door panel is shot, as usual, an I'm guessing the rear hatch pull shade is missing as well? also looks like there is no heater core??
Does the cruise control work?

And I'm just going to assume the car will need all new shocks as well...

I wouldn't be surprised at all if odometer rolled twice.

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

Page: 1  2   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com