Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Yellow crap on car

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Yellow crap on car
CHP2981
¯
Member # 9240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHP2981  Ford pictures for CHP2981    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I found this looking for what that stuff was everyday on my car. It wasn't that bad a few years ago but damn I have to scratch the hard stuff off with my nail

Some detail guy wrote this

So what are those yellow-gold dots? In two words, bee poop. Yes, bees do poop and when you live in an area with LOTS and LOTS of bees, you ‘ll find these yellow-gold dots of the digested pollen the bees eat on pretty much everything that isn’t covered. Bees follow the same route (or flight plan) over and over when traveling to and from their hives, so some places get hit more than others.

So now the mystery is solved! These mystery yellow-gold spots are the waste droppings of bees. Want to avoid getting them on your car or windows? When you find an answer, please let me know.

Meanwhile, many of our customers have to deal with this problem and I am given the task of figuring out the most cost efficient means of removing them both for the customer and for our company.

We tried using the pressure washer. Tried using different soaps. Different abrasive scrubbers.  We tried different acids. Nothing worked.

What did work, and was surprisingly easy, was using pure water to clean with and a waterfed pole. Bingo. Now we have a method to take these spots off, and it only costs a tad more than it would for a typical window cleaning!

--------------------
No half steppin

Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm glad you brought this up!! I have a black car and see them real good....everyday!

Now, what's a waterfed pole?

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hit it with a medium clay bar.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Literaly yellow crap on your car.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

CHP2981
¯
Member # 9240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHP2981  Ford pictures for CHP2981    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.ewindowwashing.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/bee-poop.jpg
Here's the pic and the story, and the water pole is I think the water gun we see at the car wash.

--------------------
No half steppin

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com