Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » anyone works for a city

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: anyone works for a city
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So i apply for a city job. And i was able to pass everything and even made it to the top three after 3 interviews and test. But its been a month and i haven't heard anything. How long is this type of proccess.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
fiftwyz
¯
Member # 8351

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fiftwyz  Ford pictures for fiftwyz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It takes awhile usually couple months depending on how fast hr moves! And even then you gotta do finger print too it takes awhile! Good luck hope you get it!

[ 2015-07-09, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: fiftwyz ]

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:
So i apply for a city job. And i was able to pass everything and even made it to the top three after 3 interviews and test. But its been a month and i haven't heard anything. How long is this type of proccess.

If its anything like the state it took me 3 months of waiting after I got offered the job for them to process paperwork.

Try to call and follow up and let them know you are still interested.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I called and left a message but no respond. I guess i continue waiting. Thanks guys

--------------------

fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no news is good news
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Thats what i keep telling myself lol

[ 2015-07-09, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: losbadgts ]

--------------------

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
be patient if you feel you did well and you went through that whole process you probably have the job.

--------------------
03 Terminator

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

quote:
Originally posted by blackfifty:
be patient if you feel you did well and you went through that whole process you probably have the job.

I felt like i did. On my last interview the next day they called my references and my job too.

--------------------

FRC_Kid
¯
Member # 8940

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FRC_Kid  Ford pictures for FRC_Kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I applied in October 13' and was hired March 15'... Depends which department and how extensive the background will be. It was a long wait but well worth it in my opinion.

--------------------
Pretend Racecar Driver- C5 FRC

Ford, GM, & Dodge is what I'm all about

Posts: 2578 | From: All over the Peninsula | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
fiftwyz
¯
Member # 8351

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fiftwyz  Ford pictures for fiftwyz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The city jobs arent what they used to be things have changed so much with the retirement system and other things as well! Like the new formula 2% at 62 for new emplyees compared to 2.7% at 55 for the older guys! I see more stuff getting contracted out as well more and more! Good luck my friend!
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Thanks guys. Yea i guess i will continue to wait. And yea retirement sucks now a days. Even my current job all the older workers getting this nice chunk of change and the young wont see that. Hopely i will try to buy atleast one more house for retirement security

--------------------

stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fiftwyz:
The city jobs arent what they used to be things have changed so much with the retirement system and other things as well! Like the new formula 2% at 62 for new emplyees compared to 2.7% at 55 for the older guys! I see more stuff getting contracted out as well more and more! Good luck my friend!

This happened to me. I am a transit worker with CBA rights to negotiate retirement changes and CALPERs still won, for now. My first 16 months with the company I was traditional retirement plan 2% at 55 but in May was switched and I now pay a higher rate each pay period and extended my retirement age to 62 and will earn a lower percentage than the traditional plan. I also will get stuck with nearly a $3k bill for those 16 months I didn't pay into the new formula sometime this year, Yay!

I appealed their decision because their language in the letter they sent was a bunch of backwards beauracratic libtard says I'm exempt from the new plan but still put me in the new formula!

To be on track with OP. I was told I got the job in July 2013. My actual first day was January 6th. I also didn't get emails or phone calls from HR for 3 months after I sent off my degrees certificates and DD214. It takes a while.

--------------------
2000 Mustang GT Aluminator, TFS, Vortech, AED

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fire your unions, they suck management ass and take your money. They could care less about the worker.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^ +1
I currently put 18.5 of my salary into my 401k every week and will have more money then I can spend come retirement time.
Not against unions but will say they aren't as great as people are led to believe. God forbid you're a political person who doesn't argee with your unions stance on major political beliefs cause they donate your dues to further that agenda.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
^ +1
I currently put 18.5 of my salary into my 401k every week and will have more money then I can spend come retirement time.
Not against unions but will say they aren't as great as people are led to believe. God forbid you're a political person who doesn't argee with your unions stance on major political beliefs cause they donate your dues to further that agenda.

You just have to petition to remove non germain funds. I work for the state and have a pension and 401k that I max out.. Cant beat that.

18.5 of what? That doesn't make any sense.

[ 2015-07-10, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: adower ]

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
^ +1

I too also have a 401k plus more! I currently have 3 different retirement funds. Good, the more the better! I only contribute 10% of my actual income.

[ 2015-07-10, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: stanger00 ]

--------------------
2000 Mustang GT Aluminator, TFS, Vortech, AED

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
[qb]

18.5 of what? That doesn't make any sense.

18.5 % of my paycheck before taxes.
So if you make 1000.00 a week before taxes that's 185 bucks every paycheck.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com