Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » How to BEAT a red light Camera ticket

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: How to BEAT a red light Camera ticket
RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Might have gotten one the other night but I stopped in the middle of the crosswalk... Any tips on what you guys have done in the past to beat one or maybe lower the fine?

Any and all insight is highly appreciated! Thanks guys!

Vndcatr
CAFords OG
Member # 2343

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vndcatr  Ford pictures for Vndcatr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
stop quicker

--------------------
Built 01 cobra
400 rwhp
11.7@117mph , 1.62 60ft

Posts: 1066 | From: Sacramento,Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't pay it
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
92 LS Coupe
¯
Member # 13890

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92 LS Coupe  Ford pictures for 92 LS Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go to court and explain the situation, so many lights are not calibrated properly and if enough people are contesting a particular light, I've seen the courts throw the violation out. It's not guaranteed but worth a shot.

--------------------
1992 Notchback coyote swap
1992 Notchback
1966 Mustang Coupe

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What city?

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No bars

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
ed650
¯
Member # 9897

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ed650  Ford pictures for ed650    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe say you were at the front of the line and you heard and seen an ambulance coming fast in your rear view mirror so you had no choice but to move.

--------------------
410w Hatch
306Ci Coupe

Posts: 1744 | From: menlo park | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
92 LS Coupe
¯
Member # 13890

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for 92 LS Coupe  Ford pictures for 92 LS Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ed650:
Maybe say you were at the front of the line and you heard and seen an ambulance coming fast in your rear view mirror so you had no choice but to move.

That's a good one...

--------------------
1992 Notchback coyote swap
1992 Notchback
1966 Mustang Coupe

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you get the ticket in the mail look on the back side if it says " dont contact the court" toss it
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ed650:

most take a 10sec video....
theconductor
¯
Member # 13458

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for theconductor  Ford pictures for theconductor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I doubt you get a ticket. You stopped and therefore didn't run the light. I'd be surprised if they ticketed you for stopping in a cross walk with a red light camera.

I'm often wrong though.

--------------------
Woke Bruh

Posts: 349 | From: Roseville, CA | Registered: Feb 2014  |  :
9cobrasvt8
¯
Member # 11078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasvt8  Ford pictures for 9cobrasvt8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SwEeT03Gt:
if you get the ticket in the mail look on the back side if it says " dont contact the court" toss it

My ticket said this but i still had to pay the court so this isnt always the case

--------------------
2013 Grabber blue coyote
1996 cobra
1996 gt h/c/i and gears
1998 cobra vert
1998 gt h/c/i
1997 gt blown

Posts: 1519 | From: under the hood | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobrasvt8:
quote:

My ticket said this but i still had to pay the court so this isnt always the case
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzGEhiSX5DE
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good luck beating that one as they have both video and still shots to prove you're guilty. in the past there was some loop hole in how the law was written about lack of signage and some ppl were able to exploit this hole.

you can try trial by written declaration and hope when your court date arrives the officer doesnt show up. you'll need to pay the fine up front and go through that process.

i just paid off one of these..480 freakin bucks.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobrasvt8:
quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzGEhiSX5DE
true if its one of those type of tickets that come from the city as an FYI rather than from the county which normally has a notice to appear you're not required to pay. those typically get sent out if there is some issue trying to identify the driver. if its you pictured and u still look like that you'll have a tough time beating it. if you werent the driver in the pic, you should be able to beat it stating that you dont know who was driving your car. LOL

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

cpthowdy
¯
Member # 10055

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cpthowdy  Ford pictures for cpthowdy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You won't get ticketed. You didn't pass through the traffic intersection.

--------------------
*04 cobra,TT,magnum,sra,E85
*08 zo6 h/c/i
*03 cobra, whipple *sold*
*02 GT, stroker, blown, cammed *sold*

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com