Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » SRT8 Jeep

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: SRT8 Jeep
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Getting ready to purchase a 2007-2010 SRT8 Jeep, anyone have any experience with these. I want to buy one to have a faster grocery getter. I know they don't tow much but I'm not using it for towing. Also I know the gas sucks but I have my bucket commuter. I've always wanted one and done some research but I want to see peoples first hand experience with these. Thanks fellas.

--------------------
03 Terminator

Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No experience here, but these things are great looking vehicles. Good luck!

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I never personally driven one but a CC member has one and well we KILLED a LS1 catfish camaro but like 4 buses and we were 3 deep in the SRT8.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have one. they are pretty cool suv's gas mileage sucks. other than that they are great!

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfifty  Ford pictures for blackfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea I've def liked them and I've always been eager to purchase one. Now that I'm in the position I'm pretty pumped. I know the gas mileage sucks but I do have my car that I commute with and the wife is a stay at home mom so I don't really need it to commute. Just something we can use on the weekends and have fun with.

--------------------
03 Terminator

eldog68
¯
Member # 12928

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eldog68  Ford pictures for eldog68    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They are pretty sweet. I'm sure you've seen the videos on you tube with some of these things pulling the front tires at the track. Nice.
Posts: 263 | From: el Dorado hills | Registered: May 2013  |  :
Blk93Pony
¯
Member # 10798

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blk93Pony  Ford pictures for Blk93Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have an 06 been pretty good thus far. The only problem I had with it,which is a common problem with these, is the stock radiator hose. It popped off while I was on the freeway and ended up needing a new water pump because it overheated. I installed the one piece upper radiator hose and haven't had any problems since. I would recommend getting a 07 and up because they come stock with remote start and hid's which mine doesn't have. If I would get another one I'd get a 2010, they come with the all black interior which looks dope. Other than that they're pretty reliable cars if u all the maintenance on time. Let me know if u have any other questions.

--------------------
Black 93 Mustang GT - currently down
Pearl Black 06 Chrysler 300C SRT-8 - stock for now

70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my sister has had 2 of them trans kept going on both of them; that was the only complaint

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very cheap plasticy interior on those years.
Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4 CAM FOX  Ford pictures for 4 CAM FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90GT510:
Very cheap plasticy interior on those years.

x2

--------------------
"The clutch is on the left. Gas on the right."
"What's this one in the middle?"
"It's for pussies."

89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89TRUNK  Ford pictures for 89TRUNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had an 06 SRT8 Jeep, it had the upper hose issue which caused it to overheat. I ended up blowing a head gasket on it. Fixed it then got rid of it as soon as I could. It got about 12-14 mpg on average.

[ 2015-05-13, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: 89TRUNK ]

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can't speak on this particular vehicle but my recent experience with Mopar has convinced me that they are the hot pieces of shit they always were. Hope you like maintaenece.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
Can't speak on this particular vehicle but my recent experience with Mopar has convinced me that they are the hot pieces of shit they always were. Hope you like maintaenece.

hahahaha

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:

Thank you for your input good sir.

I know some of the issues and lets face it all cars have issues, I just need to weigh my options and see if it would be worth it. I like to get an honest unbiased opinion. All info helps.

--------------------
03 Terminator

White95GT
¯
Member # 1915

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White95GT  Ford pictures for White95GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't own one and have never driven one but I have always liked the SRT8 Jeep. There are pros/cons of all cars. Shit always goes wrong eventually.
blackfifty
¯
Member # 9023

Yea I've done my research and the two problems that I get is that the upper radiator hose goes out if you constantly beat on it as well as the transfer case noise. There are issues with all cars but I don't consider those issues I've mentioned major. There are ways to fix those without paying an arm and a leg.

--------------------
03 Terminator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com